Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect (890 Views)

Armed Robbery Suspect And 80-year-old Armourer Arrested In Delta / Mob Buries Robbery Suspect Alive In Ebonyi (Photo) / Fake Journalists Who Disguised As LTV Crew Arrested In Ikorodu(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by cyrilamx(m): 4:23am On Oct 11, 2016
By Evelyn Usman

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested six suspected members of the robbery gang that shot Segun Abayomi, a presenter of an independent programme on the Lagos Television, LTV, three weeks ago at Acme Road, Ogba area of Lagos.

The father of three was said to have been confirmed dead on arrival at a private hospital, where he was rushed to. Late Abayomi, who was in the company of other journalists, was returning home after the production of his programme, when he was intercepted at 2a.m. by the robbery gang.

The suspects, who were paraded among other suspected criminals at the command’s headquarters, admitted to have carried out the operation but stated that they were not aware he was a journalist. One of them, Taiwo Badmus, a bricklayer who claimed he joined the gang last year, said that their plan was not to kill anyone, but to collect the car and sell it to a waiting buyer.

According to Badmus, “on that day, we shot the man because he was struggling with us. I was not the one that shot him, Damy did. But Damy is not here now. “We were driving along Acme Road when we blocked the man’s car. I can’t remember the type of car now because it was dark.

Instead of him to cooperate, he was stubborn and Damy shot him on the head. “We started shouting at him for shooting because that was not part of what we discussed. The situation changed our plan because we wanted to collect the car and sell to a man who was waiting for us at a mechanic workshop.

“We immediately left the scene, the man and the vehicle and went back to our base at Agege to arrange ourselves for another operation. “Since I joined them last year, at times I got N10,000 and at other times N20,000, including phones and laptops from each operation.

I use the money to feed myself. I am an orphan.” The suspects, according to the command’s boss, Fatai Owoseni, would soon be charged to court.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/killed-ltv-presenter-robbery-suspect/
Re: Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by cyrilamx(m): 4:33am On Oct 11, 2016
Why will a man deprive his fellow man the right to life, pursuit of happiness and throw a hitherto joyous family into mourning all because of avarice?

It is saddening that this distressing news will really affect the future of his dependants.

I empathise with the bereaved's family in this unfortunate moment and hope the culprits are made to bear the full weight of the law.

May you find mercy before the ultimate and only incorrigible judge. RIP sir.
Re: Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by MistadeRegal(m): 4:37am On Oct 11, 2016
Mmm…

Re: Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by Collenshy2020(m): 5:13am On Oct 11, 2016
what a sad occurance just like that and a life is gone, may he rest in peace.
Re: Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by TPAND(f): 5:25am On Oct 11, 2016
Life is so meaningless. Life is so unreliable, Life is nothing but an happening sustained by events.

This is sad. A father of three was killed because of other persons greedy and nefarious decision. Cab you imagine what this criminal is saying, our intention is not to kill, yet you carry a loaded gun. So with a loaded gun, your intention was to spray in the air.

No one knows how tomorrow will be, whether you will be here, or you will be fast sailing faraway in the yonder. One man's negligence, stupidity and indecision can lead the lost of life of another.

Ecclesiastics explanation of what and how life is, is totally correct,
Re: Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by youngest85(m): 5:31am On Oct 11, 2016
cyrilamx:
Why will a man deprive his fellow man the right to life, pursuit of happiness and throw a hitherto joyous family into mourning all because of avarice?

It is saddening that this distressing news will really affect the future of his dependants.

I empathise with the bereaved's family in this unfortunate moment and hope the culprits are made to bear the full weight of the law.

May you find mercy before the ultimate and only incorrigible judge. RIP sir.

Oga leave grammar jst type Rip
Re: Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by seunlayi(m): 6:13am On Oct 11, 2016
I think the judgement should be soft on this suspect, the one who did the killing should be given a capital punishment.
Re: Why We Killed LTV Presenter – Robbery Suspect by dotman4real007(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
10k, 20k to risk your life!! please no mercy just kill them too.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Caught At Obollo Road Nsukka After Series Of Torment On UNN / How To Spot Or Identify A Lady Who Is Into Lesbianism / Man Catches His Sister Feeding His Baby With Faeces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.