Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,854 members, 7,848,466 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges (27513 Views)

NJC Sacks Justice Adeniyi Ademola, Shuns His Resignation Letter / FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / INTERVIEW: How NJC Is Protecting Corrupt Judges – Buhari’s Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by kidman96(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
Hmm
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by cktheluckyman: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
onomeasike:
Now I know there are still patriots in the Land. The crooks hiding behind the NJC wanted to intimidate the DSS but they had their match in the DSS.It took the DSS reminding the CJN the law of the land before he approved that a corrupt pindiga should go and face DSS. Imagine!! shocked
Now the NJC has been demystified not on the path of honor but shameful conduct. The NJC is not an equivalent of the third arm, the judiciary is not made up of lawyers alone and little wonder some people practicing law in the bar and bench feel that they are the third arm of government. Third arm of government isn't NJC or NBA, it's what we permitted over the years.The citizens should henceforth take up more participation in the judiciary. We can start by pushing for a law for electing judicial officers and all elective slots shouldn't be for only lawyers or devolve the responsibility of the NJC so the Chief Justice just faces purely legal duties not the issues relating to discipline. We hired them, we pay their salary, we should have a way to punish them if they mess up like they have done in this manner. They promoted their selfish interest and professional camaraderie above the national interest.
The whole law setting up the NJC should be reviewed before they further disgrace the country.
I just realized that lawyers hijacked what should otherwise be the third arm of government of the people who make up the country, they hijacked the judiciary and relegated the other stakeholders(citizens,litigants,community leaders,local government, law enforcement agencies, prison, non lawyer professionals working in the judiciary etc) in the judiciary to the background and suddenly ascribe their professional interests as the interest of all the stakeholders of the judiciary. This is a coup!!! shocked shocked
The lawyers should be stripped of their dominance of the judiciary,it is our judiciary not the lawyers judiciary!!!
\
NJC demystified!!! You must be high on expired cow dung!!! why did your DSS goi ahead to release the judges? The last has not been heard in this case.Anyone who thinks he can pocket the judiciary so thet he can do whatever he wants is on a very long thing.The NJC would sit today and state its position.

and to correct your illiteracy. Judiciary is about laws and it must be lawyers who must be in charge.Just like an economist or accountant is in charge of the economy,a lawyer will be the one in charge of the judiciary.there is nothing you or your illiterate oga can do about it

3 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by yaki84: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
kahal29:
The system must be cleansed
from executhieves if u ask me.
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by 4nobody4every1: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
modath:

Self allocated profitless hard and back breaking labour by the way.... Foolish ninnies who have refused to come to terms with the fact that their anger at their substandard living condition is directly tied to corrupt judges.

If politicians don't have them as ally, they would do right since they know they can't steal anyone's madate and get away with it.
You are spot on, some readers will not understand, l weep earnestly for the nation called Nigeria, can we ever get it right and become a beacon of hope to other African countries and the world at large sad sad

1 Like

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by yaki84: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
kahal29:

Am telling you.... I weep for my country. How I wish the DSS will release everything they have on this people to the public so that they will be judged by the Nigerian people and be fully disgraced. No need going to court
exactly, but can they present what they dont hv? Hell NO!
It happened in akwaibom state, till now no word from dss what they recovered even when social media carried news about more than 200million dollars carried from the state house n some ammunitions.
It also happened when lai released statement on the recovered loots n we begged them to tell us who these billions were recovred from, they said no, it will mar further probe.
What is wrong in showing nigerians simple pix of the monies recovered from the raid.
Npf showed us monies recovered from those kidnappers, but dss when?
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by aquaMILD(f): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
onomeasike:
Now I know there are still patriots in the Land. The crooks hiding behind the NJC wanted to intimidate the DSS but they had their match in the DSS.It took the DSS reminding the CJN the law of the land before he approved that a corrupt pindiga should go and face DSS. Imagine!! shocked
Now the NJC has been demystified not on the path of honor but shameful conduct. The NJC is not an equivalent of the third arm, the judiciary is not made up of lawyers alone and little wonder some people practicing law in the bar and bench feel that they are the third arm of government. Third arm of government isn't NJC or NBA, it's what we permitted over the years.The citizens should henceforth take up more participation in the judiciary. We can start by pushing for a law for electing judicial officers and all elective slots shouldn't be for only lawyers or devolve the responsibility of the NJC so the Chief Justice just faces purely legal duties not the issues relating to discipline. We hired them, we pay their salary, we should have a way to punish them if they mess up like they have done in this manner. They promoted their selfish interest and professional camaraderie above the national interest.
The whole law setting up the NJC should be reviewed before they further disgrace the country.
I just realized that lawyers hijacked what should otherwise be the third arm of government of the people who make up the country, they hijacked the judiciary and relegated the other stakeholders(citizens,litigants,community leaders,local government, law enforcement agencies, prison, non lawyer professionals working in the judiciary etc) in the judiciary to the background and suddenly ascribe their professional interests as the interest of all the stakeholders of the judiciary. This is a coup!!! shocked shocked
The lawyers should be stripped of their dominance of the judiciary,it is our judiciary not the lawyers judiciary!!!
I'm learning something here... Lemme go and read up

2 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by tonio2wo: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Am not a fan of bubu but if we must make him do what is required, we need a solid justice system. Unbiased and 'untwistable' judges. So I support this clamp down on corrupt judges. (as long as it is not one-sided!)
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by efilefun(m): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
People like you lack wisdom, so after reading the whole passage this is the only trash that could come outta your head?? can you explain how Igbinedion who was found guilty of embezzling Billions got ordinary 3Million naira bail Why do you think all this people being arrested since were shouting lets go to court? They know their way around those animals in wig, i am so surprised someone like you who think he's intelligent could post this trash cuz of the hatred brewing in you for this man. I pity your offspring
kings09:
Can u imagine. As old as buhari is, he doesn't realise his actions shld be carried out tactfully n wit wisdom. Imagine steppin into d jurisdiction of other arms of govt. If dats d case, wen will he raid Dogara's house n wen will he start d cleansing in his own executive arm whr corruption is thriving under his nose. Abba Kyari is an example

2 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by rusher14: 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
\
NJC demystified!!! You must be high on expired cow dung!!! why did your DSS goi ahead to release the judges? The last has not been heard in this case.Anyone who thinks he can pocket the judiciary so thet he can do whatever he wants is on a very long thing.The NJC would sit today and state its position.

and to correct your illiteracy. Judiciary is about laws and it must be lawyers who must be in charge.Just like an economist or accountant is in charge of the economy,a lawyer will be the one in charge of the judiciary.there is nothing you or your illiterate oga can do about it

Whatever be the case, the Judiciary enjoys no immunity, a warrant was served and executed as enshrined in our Administration of criminal justice act.

The Judiciary has become a laughing stock and for that reason we witness jungle justice meted out to suspected criminals in the society. Nairaland is awash with such stories.

The judges would be treated like the common criminals they are and absolutely nothing would happen.

How about that?

2 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
otukpo:
Everything is already messed up.

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by hardbody: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
henchamb:
Very detailed.
key points
The judges are not immuned from probe and arrest.
A Valid warrant was obtained
The CJN was reasonable to study the matter before talking (a good sign of a legend) unlike the illiterates online that jumped into conclusoon

Did you read it upside down? Why is the judiciary being intimidated, what happened to the doctrine of separation of powers. Imagine DSS throwing tantrums on how the DG should have been addressed, then even when they have been assured that the council will meet and thereafter revert to them, they had to proceed to display this flagrant ra.pe and abuse of another arm in flagrant and brazen abuse of the hallowed and sanctified separation of powers.

On a moral pedestal, should Buratai still be leading the armed forces or better still should Wike be walking free on our street? Indeed should a president who was not even qualified from inception to contest because he does not have have the minimum qualification be seen or heard to be talking about corruption? A man that could not provide WASC but would rather retain 16 SANs to defend his in eligibility.

For those who may not understand, this is not about being a wailer or a zombie, both GEJ AND PMB have always remained monumental upstarts and political inconsequentials to me, i could never bring myself to support either of them, i am here looking at the ra.pe of our democracy

1 Like

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
kahal29:
Lalasticlala front page oh... . To enlighten the public
.....Ok ! I wii enlighten the public on his behalf grin grin grin

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by kings09(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
Maybe u shld read my comment again n slowly dis time. During d campaign, u n ur zombie goons claimed buhari is a repentant democrat meaning he wld abide by d rule of law n respects all tenets of democracy wch include respecting d principle of separation of power. Each arm of govt have their internal cleansing mechanism jst dat they failed to apply it in d strictest manner. But it doesn't justify the president infringing on these other arms of govt as dis wld create constitutional confusion. He shldnt hv used d Abacha/military style but tackled d whole thing wit wisdom.

An example : monitor a certain corrupt judge, catch him red-handed wit d evidence n prosecute him successfully. Dis is doing sumtin wit tact.

Don't be blinded with ur support for buhari, it will make u spew rubbish witout so much display of ignorance.

Sai baba, sai thief. Buhari is corrupt himself. So wat moral right does he even have to call others corrupt.
efilefun:
People like you lack wisdom, so after reading the whole passage this is the only trash that could come outta your head?? can you explain how Igbinedion who was found guilty of embezzling Billions got ordinary 3Million naira bail Why do you think all this people being arrested since were shouting lets go to court? They know their way around those animals in wig, i am so surprised someone like you who think he's intelligent could post this trash cuz of the hatred brewing in you for this man. I pity your offspring
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by henryuzor(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
bonechamberlain:
When would the executive act on its corrupt members, they are quick to act on the judiciary and legislature, let the other arms of govt act on the executive, corruption should not be a fight for only does not in buhari's executive.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. Nigeria must be very vigilant else we would gradually be harbouring another extremist dictator.
You see how foolish you are......when the executives are charged to court,it is these same corrupt judges that they bribe to either delay their cases by granting them perpetual injunctions or throw out the cases on technicalities.

2 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Kenobus: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
henchamb:
Very detailed.
key points
The CJN was reasonable to study the matter before talking (a good sign of a legend) unlike the illiterates online that jumped into conclusoon
Why were the Judges released? You guys just support blindly without thinking. If you like support a Dictator or a Tyrant, he would soon come after you.
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Empredboy(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
bonechamberlain:
When would the executive act on its corrupt members, they are quick to act on the judiciary and legislature, let the other arms of govt act on the executive, corruption should not be a fight for only does not in buhari's executive.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. Nigeria must be very vigilant else we would gradually be harbouring another extremist dictator.
if the judiciary is not cleansed First how are you going to try those corrupt in the presidency? Won't those in presidency bribe those corrupt judges? I beg one by one. STOP WAILING!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by henryuzor(m): 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
hardbody:

Did you read it upside down? Why is the judiciary being intimidated, what happened to the doctrine of separation of powers. Imagine DSS throwing tantrums on how the DG should have been addressed, then even when they have been assured that the council will meet and thereafter revert to them, they had to proceed to display this flagrant ra.pe and abuse of another arm in flagrant and brazen abuse of the hallowed and sanctified separation of powers.

On a moral pedestal, should Buratai still be leading the armed forces or better still should Wike be walking free on our street? Indeed should a president who was not even qualified from inception to contest because he does not have have the minimum qualification be seen or heard to be talking about corruption? A man that could not provide WASC but would rather retain 16 SANs to defend his in eligibility.

For those who may not understand, this is not about being a wailer or a zombie, both GEJ AND PMB have always remained monumental upstarts and political inconsequentials to me, i could never bring myself to support either of them, i am here looking at the ra.pe of our democracy
Your foolishness knows no bounds.....incase your illiterate mind does not know,it is also a judge that signed the search warrants with which the DSS executed the search on those corrupt elements that call themselves judges

2 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
drss:
d duallrd should remove d log of corruption in d executive before he can see clearly n remove corruption in odas. buratai savings account, abba kyari, mammam daura, danbazau, ameachi n many odas ar there enjoying demselves, yet d dullard have d audacity to go after judiciary, an independent arm of govt.
there's a covert systematic attack on d two arms of govt, d legislature n judiciary by dis daura govt with aim to destroy dem. in buari dullard's view, there's no need for national assembly n judiciary.

How is he supposed to fight n jail d corrupt bastard politicians when d judiciary which is supposed to aid him is also bloody corrupt.

No wonder its easier for a camel to pass thru d eye of a needle than for a corrupt nigerian politician to be jailed.

D jailers are corrupt. So much incriminating evidence, yet no conviction.

1 Like

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by sucess001(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
sooo since Buhari isnt satisfied with the way the duly constituted NJC is addressing the issues under their watch...he took it upon himself to be the judge...

lol....born again democrat in deed....just two more years to endure of this nonsense!
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by hardbody: 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
henryuzor:

Your foolishness knows no bounds.....incase your illiterate mind does not know,it is also a judge that signed the search warrants with which the DSS executed the search on those corrupt elements that call themselves judges

Like principal like agent....both steeped in stupidity. Judges don't sit in magistrates courts, it is magistrates that seat there. See your voluminous stupidity? How can you lie even in the face of express provisions and admissions of the DSS.?

Meanwhile, while that order can be obtained from the magistrates court, i hold my views on the fact that magistrates courts are not courts of record.
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by wakes: 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
Anyone who does wrong should face the tune of the law.
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Progressive01(m): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
The NJC also informed DSS that it was not amenable to “invitations being extended to judicial officers by departments and agencies of government for any reason”.
It's been so long since I felt the level of disgust I felt just now after reading these lines.

Modath, are you seeing what I'm seeing
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by efilefun(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Can you quote which part of the law was broken
kings09:
Maybe u shld read my comment again n slowly dis time. During d campaign, u n ur zombie goons claimed buhari is a repentant democrat meaning he wld abide by d rule of law n respects all tenets of democracy wch include respecting d principle of separation of power. Each arm of govt have their internal cleansing mechanism jst dat they failed to apply it in d strictest manner. But it doesn't justify the president infringing on these other arms of govt as dis wld create constitutional confusion. He shldnt hv used d Abacha/military style but tackled d whole thing wit wisdom.

An example : monitor a certain corrupt judge, catch him red-handed wit d evidence n prosecute him successfully. Dis is doing sumtin wit tact.

Don't be blinded with ur support for buhari, it will make u spew rubbish witout so much display of ignorance.

Sai baba, sai thief. Buhari is corrupt himself. So wat moral right does he even have to call others corrupt.
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by rabex123(m): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
bonechamberlain:

Wailing is in your blood.

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by drnoel: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
henchamb:
Very detailed.
key points

There was no play in that write up that stated a warrant was issued or obtained.
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by cktheluckyman: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
rusher14:

Whatever be the case, the Judiciary enjoys no immunity, a warrant was served and executed as enshrined in our Administration of criminal justice act.

The Judiciary has become a laughing stock and for that reason we witness jungle justice meted out to suspected criminals in the society. Nairaland is awash with such stories.

The judges would be treated like the common criminals they are and absolutely nothing would happen.

How about that?
I think the executive headed by a certificate scammer is the one that has gone to the gods The media is also replete with tales of corruption from the presidency

1 Like

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by rabex123(m): 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
efilefun:
Bros don't mind d hate filled people.jir
Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by ObaKlaz: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
May God protect this man... Why won't there be plots to have Buhari assassinated? I just need him to keep his eyes on the economy too. You can't claim to be fighting corruption without having the Buhari kind of guts. I LOVE BUHARI'S GUTS!

1 Like

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Dinocarex(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
The NUJ are bunch of jokers.
1. They let Ibori walk free despite incriminating evidences against him. The same Ibori is currently serving Jail term in London prison
2. Remember the man that squandered Pension fund (trying to remember his name) . He embezzeled money ranging to 700million. Do you know the judgment the NUJ gave? He was released with bail of just 750,000 naira only.
The NUJ have been frustrating the fight on corruption since 1900. Do you want to know if I care about Due process? Hell to the No!!

A petty thief is being caught and lynched without a thought of Due process, these bigger thieves and saboteur of democracy should be arrested without any due process!!

2 Likes

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by Eazybay(m): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Yet some idiots blamed buhari for not following due process as if the earlier request of the DSS to NJC for prosecution of corrupt judges was obeyed. The NJC will obviously shield it's own cos they all comprise of corrupt pot bellied biased judges. Dictatorship is the only way to go. I commend buhari for the sting operations. Some call buhari a dictator but if dictatorship is what is required to sanitize the system you have the support of sane Nigerians. Invade the home of looters, break their doors and safes with sledge hammers, brutalize them with your DSS and make them pay for short changing the state. We must sanitize the country for the upcoming generations

Lolzzzz.. This is d problem!! Where you not brutalized enough in 1984?? How sanitized did d system become? Would PMB be President 4ever If all d Presidents after PMB behave like u stated up dea, Politicians would flee to his party, his enemies would be in jail/exile, the judges would be his mouthpiece and viola! AUTOCRACY!! Think carefully before u comment. You must have noticed d little gains we have made in d corruption war came 4rm BVN, IPPIS, the little electoral gains came 4rm card readers. You see why GEJ said its only technology u can use to fight corruption in Naija? But ur clout wea screaming 4 arrests and burglary by agencies datz y u can't record a single conviction

1 Like

Re: How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges by kindklemz(m): 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
kings09:
Can u imagine. As old as buhari is, he doesn't realise his actions shld be carried out tactfully n wit wisdom. Imagine steppin into d jurisdiction of other arms of govt. If dats d case, wen will he raid Dogara's house n wen will he start d cleansing in his own executive arm whr corruption is thriving under his nose. Abba Kyari is an example

Ha,nawao for some people. My brother, do you like the corruption going on in the Nigerian society today?
Why not keep away what ever hatred you have for the President and look at what has kept us backward for ages.
The fight against corruption shouldn't be just about Bihari alone but all right thinking people of Nigeria.
Take away corruption and we will have a better society where equity and justice will prevail.
Anyone that will tame corruption in our society I will gladly support, it doesn't matter where you come from or what religion you practice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing / Igbo Elders Endorse Peter Umeadi Of APGA For President / Photo: Some Youths In Nigeria Argue That Nigeria Has 35 States. Leaders Of 2mor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.