Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,507 members, 7,944,483 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

5 Photos That Fooled The World - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 5 Photos That Fooled The World (1470 Views)

14 Striking Photos That Had No Help From Photoshop / 20 Incredible Photos That Are Impossible To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Photos That Fooled The World by Ekakamba: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2016
Powerful photo editing tools have made it possible to alter images; they are sometimes employed to clean up photographs or to manipulate images that could fool the masses. This article looks at some of fake and mysterious images that went viral in recent times to fool millions of people around the world.

Have you also been fooled by any of them? Not only the edited ones, but also some mysterious photos with carefully kept secrets.

Let’s take a look at the following stupidly obvious photos that went viral and left people feeling silly:

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Ekakamba: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2016
Abraham Lincoln’s Portrait.

The photo shown above is arguably the most iconic image believed to portray the former U.S. leader. The photograph actually contains two images i.e. the head of Lincoln and the body of John Caldwell Calhoun, the seventh Vice President of the United States. Source says Lincoln had not had any iconic photographs taken by the time this image was perfected.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Ekakamba: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2016
Osama Bin Laden.

The image was part of the fake images that appeared online, that claimed to show the dead body of the former Al Qaeda leader, immediately news had it that he has been killed. The plain truth here is that, the photo seen below is that of dead soldier in the film ‘Black Hawk Down;’ the soldier’s head was removed and replaced with that of Bin Laden’s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Christardor: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2016
Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Ekakamba: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2016
The “tree that ate a bicycle.”

Report that went viral on facebook was that, the owner of the bicycle abandoned it against the tree when he went for war in late 1940’s, and died a hero – nature starts to consume the bicycle. This photo is real, not photoshoped. It’s now a popular tourist attraction on Vashon Island, in Puget Sound, Washington State.

But, the fact has since shown that the bicycle belonged to Don Puz, who in 1954 left his bicycle in the woods, and forgot about it. The most interesting thing is that, Don never went to war.

We went down there in the woods, and there was this bike in the tree, and I said, ‘That’s my bike,'” recalls Don, after the bike was discovered, making headlines.
I recognized it immediately. When I saw that bike, I recognized it, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen another one like it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by stigmond(m): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2016
Uhm, nice one...

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Ekakamba: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2016
Fetus Foot.

This weird picture has fooled millions of people, since it started spreading like wildfire on social media. The footprint on this picture is completely fake, because, there is no way a fetus foot could show through the muscles, uterus and fat like this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Mologi(m): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2016
I have seen this pics countless times.....

Although in my dreams....
Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Ekakamba: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Syrian Orphan sleeping between his parent’s grave.

Shortly after the completion of the conceptual art project by Abdel Aziz Al-Atibi, a 24-year-old Saudi Arabian photographer, on January 3, 2014; the above staged shot went viral with the above caption – misleading people into believing it showed a child whose family had been killed during the conflict in Syria.

The problem regarding the picture is that, it was not taken in Syria, and that the piles of stones were just made to look like grave. More also, the little boy did not lose his parents at all.

The art project was meant to show how a child’s love for his parents is eternal. To also help talk about the suffering that is happening in society.

Some kids might feel that their dead parents’ bodies are more affectionate to them than the people they’re living with, Al-Otaibi told beirut.

Look, it’s not true at all that my picture has anything to do with Syria. I am really shocked how people have twisted my picture, added Al-Otaibi, who debunked the fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by Ekakamba: 8:36am On Oct 11, 2016
Wow! Are you related to Joseph? grin
Mologi:
I have seen this pics countless times.....

Although in my dreams....

1 Like

Re: 5 Photos That Fooled The World by fattbabakay(m): 11:40am On Oct 11, 2016
There are loads of Instagram gals dropping pictures that fool the world everyday, how about them??

(1) (Reply)

Need Professional Graphic Design? Check This Out...smokingartworks / Best Freeware Application For Playing .mov Files / Make $75 Daily Thru Txt Msg Advert.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.