Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Nigeria Police Force "website" - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria Police Force "website" (7676 Views)

Nigeria Police Force Website / I Started Webdesign And Brute Force Hacking Since I Was 14 / Naijacyberhactivists Shuts Down Nigeria Police Force Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by smile4kenn(m): 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2009
is this a stolen car revolution?
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Pharoh: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2009
We understand you sister and i wasn't condemning you ha sorry don't get me wrong.

Please about the url it will do you good not to give yourself headache, the nigerian police for lacks intelligence and doesn't know what to do in that regard.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by hackney(m): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2009
So they have a website? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by bandely(m): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2009
hackney:

So they have a website? shocked shocked shocked
lol! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by chika98: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2009
This is disgraceful
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by DoubleN(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2009
Shame Shame Shame!!!!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by dkings101(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2009
Nigeria police upon the N20 wen una dey collect na wetin una fit boost of be this? Shame to U. Website with no security. Hackers can enter into the database and change all those vehicle they put for sale or even delete the website content sef. It is supposed to be avenue where you buy vehicle. No About us, contact us, service, helpline, emergency number na only Vehicle dem put the website. Shame to them. E fit be police pikin do the website
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by rasputinn(m): 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2009
And what's the website??
Is it www.incompetence.org.ng OR www.bribes.org.ng
undecided
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by bawomolo(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2009
LATEST FOUND VEHICLE
No found vehicle at the moment.

lol
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by opensource(m): 12:07am On Oct 21, 2009
Rubbish ,, Lets don't celebrate mediocrity.

Whoever built that shitty shit must be banned from Designing or programming .

Even is the site is not for the police , the should at least control that domain name
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Rooneyboy(m): 3:30am On Oct 21, 2009
Its a welcome development ! Lets c how beneficial it will be.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by na2day2(m): 8:19am On Oct 21, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

You might want to grab some headphones while you are at it. 

http://www.police.gov.ng/

Upon all the bribe they get on the streets, this is all they can boast of. Tufia!!

Anyone want to bet the original bid winner got millions then outsourced it for 10 or 20K?  tongue

that is a website? even with just notepad u can sleep and design something better embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by otukpo(f): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2009
Still thinking of one good that has come out of NP
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by nich(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2009
Arise O Compatriots!

All you I.T. dons here on NL & beyond, it's your turn to attempt to save Naija for the next Generation. the older Generation couldnt, but we have a chance. I agree that funding may be a major challenge since no one's willing to expend so much energy with no benefit, but i believe there are some venture capitalists amongs us who would be willing if the investment seems right.

Ma point? dis is the best time to start dreaming & implementing dreams.
God bless naija & all NLder!

@ topic,

so we have numerous websites for one institution? lipsrsealed sad cheesy smiley wink i have a dream!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by mrofficial(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2009
Even the varsities websites look terrible.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by 55gal(m): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
@poster
I did not see anything.Is there a mistake some where?
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by mrofficial(m): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
55gal:

@poster
I did not see anything.Is there a mistake some where?

Didn't you see how scruffy and lacking ingredients the site looks?
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
OMG!!! grin this is really freakin me out.

It looks and feels exactly like the police station i went to 6 years ago.
Damn! grin
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by yawatide(f): 10:51am On Oct 22, 2009
largerwhenindoubt:

You wrong for that cool

LWKMD!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
http://74.55.133.250/
Is only meant for vehicle recovery. What could be better than quickly going to the internet and reporting your vehicle when it got missing and consequently getting an alert, sms/email when it is recovered.

By the way, the site is still under construction.  Yours truely did not come up with the html design, he only coded. About the design, we have a better look now. As a humble corper, you don't expect me to work beyond my N10,000 monthly allowee.  Not even enough transportation in Abuja talk more of accomodation.
dkings101:

Nigeria police upon the N20 wen una dey collect na wetin una fit boost of be this? Shame to U. Website with no security. Hackers can enter into the database and change all those vehicle they put for sale or even delete the website content sef. It is supposed to be avenue where you buy vehicle. No About us, contact us, service, helpline, emergency number na only Vehicle dem put the website. Shame to them. E fit be police pikin do the website

You are allowed to prove your hacking skill, punk ass!
@poster take it easy, this is just for vehicle recovery and that is only what it does.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by yawatide(f): 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2009
cygital:

As a humble corper, you don't expect me to work beyond my N10,000 monthly allowee. Not even enough transportation in Abuja talk more of accomodation.

Bad work attitude. If you felt this badly, then you shouldn't have done it. Sometimes you don't do things for the immediate money but for the long-term. Regardless, you should always be professional in your work

Is only meant for vehicle recovery.

If it is, may I suggest one of the following?
1) Removing the initial landing page
2) Replacing the yellow text "ICT Resource Centre" with "Vehicle Recovery"

My point here is that, I couldn't tell up front what the site is about. Obviously you coded it so you know but we all can't have your brains now, can we? cool
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Bad work attitude. If you felt this badly, then you shouldn't have done it. Sometimes you don't do things for the immediate money but for the long-term. Regardless, you should always be professional in your work

Seem you did not get it, I did not do the the initial design. By the way, will you still classify it as bad with the new look? When did you visit the site last?
The new look is just ok for the utility site it is, it is not for beauty pergent.

About the intro, may be you need to talk to the big man and not me, because it is his idea and I don't have problem with that.

If the site don't tell you what it is all about, then see your doctor immediately!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by yawatide(f): 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Seem you did not get it, I did not do the the initial design. By the way, will you still classify it as bad with the new look? When did you visit the site last?

No professionalism, on top of the bad work ethic. I think you are the one, no offense who doesn't get it - a website project comprises a team. In other words, when I see the site, I am not saying to myself, "design sucks. i bet you the code doesn't suck though". All players on the football pitch have a stake in their team's success, like it or not. There is no "I" in "Team".

About the intro, may be you need to talk to the big man and not me, because it is his idea and I don't have problem with that.

I can't and I won't. There is a reason why I said, "may i suggest". No b by force. If they are happy with it, I guess that's all that matters, not to say it justifies its look.

If the site don't tell you what it is all about, then see your doctor immediately!

This is definitely the work attitude we need in Nigeria, ala the rebranding project. tongue
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2009

This is real address. For some reason that the big man can explain, the domain name is fluctuating.

So please judge this one

Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by yawatide(f): 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2009
same difference.

Again, the focus on this post isn't "who did this site?" but why the NPF would want to put up such a site, given their resources. I am not after any one person here. This isn't personal so don't take it as such. It's strictly business. It is saddening to me that in this day and age and given our pool of resources in that country, that they would be willing to have such a "website". Not the one to judge as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe this layout has its place somewhere else. It doesn't, IMHO, have its place on the NPF website.

On that note, no more requests to "judge".

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by wesleyM: 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2009
Wat a stupid website
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2009
Wait, wait wait. I have just thought of a brill idea.

We can hook up interswitch with the police website and y'all can pay your wazobia bribes and get an e-reciept to show them at the check-points.

They make good accountable revenue, we get peace at the check-points grin

This website should be encouraged, imagine the potential for funding police projects
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by bug24(m): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2009
lol, abeg make una free this guy now? abeg, but someone pls tell him to change his fonts to verdana or arial, they tend to make ur pages cool.

but, why is it that HONDA sedan vehicles always get lost and found?? LMAOOOOOOOOOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Your Website Gets No Visitors (and What To Do About It) / Bloggers, What Day Of The Month Do You Get Yout Google Adsense Earnings? / Need A Website Just Like 2go,eskimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.