Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,677 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:54 AM

How To Kill Skye Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Kill Skye Bank (3558 Views)

CBN Withdraws Skye Bank’s License To Operate / $793.2 Million TSA Funds: Skye Bank Confirms Holding $41 Million / Man Becomes A Millionaire With Skye Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2016
Hello,
I need a proper guide on how to wipe off Skye Bank from the market. I would like to take the bank down totally before the year runs out, as I have pledged to do.

My account has been frozen since Friday, for an issue that is no fault of mine, but the Bank's negligence.

I have taken the gentleman route since Friday going back and forth to get my account unfrozen, but my efforts have been frustrated so far and I have been rebuffed by their Staff, like I don't matter.

I have suffered considerable loss and damages since that Friday, as the money was meant for crucial purposes.

I have spoken with their Help Centre severally, but no solution seems to be in sight.

I need urgent help. Thanks.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by kolaish(m): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2016
what was the reason given to you for freezing the account?
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 11:24am On Oct 11, 2016
kolaish:
what was the reason given to you for freezing the account?

That I exceeded deposit limit.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by kolaish(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2016
pmc01:

That I exceeded deposit limit.
I will advice you see the branch manager to sort out the problem and not customer service desk. They are suppose to deduct your account for the excess amount daily deposit that you made and not freeze your account.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by tbaba1234: 11:58am On Oct 11, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by yomifola(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
I think your account starts with either 302 or 303 if I'm right?

In Skye bank, the highest amount that should be deposited into these accounts 302&303 should be 300k and 500k respectively which is inline with the policy of the CBN which means no be bank do the law by themselves, na CBN give them the law.

So.. The solution to this matter is for you to upgrade your account to a normal standard savings account in which it requires these documents.. 2passports photograph, NEPA bill or any other utility bill and a valid ID card(national Id card, voters card, international passport and drivers license). You just have to take these documents down to the bank and it will be rectified.

Sorry for any inconveniences and thank you for choosing Skye bank.

1 Like

Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
kolaish:
I will advice you see the branch manager to sort out the problem and not customer service desk. They are suppose to deduct your account for the excess amount daily deposit that you made and not freeze your account.

The branch service manager made mockery of me today, when I demanded she helped resolve the matter and save me more problems than already caused; she said "you know it is easier for money to get in than to get out". After that, she ignored me altogether.

I know what I have been through before posting that up there. I even approached the relationship management desk and it was the same uncaring attitude.

I asked that my account be closed, yet I was still rebuffed.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
yomifola:
I think your account starts with either 302 or 303 if I'm right?

In Skye bank, the highest amount that should be deposited into these accounts 302&303 should be 300k and 500k respectively which is inline with the policy of the CBN which means no be bank do the law by themselves, na CBN give them the law.

So.. The solution to this matter is for you to upgrade your account to a normal standard savings account in which it requires these documents.. 2passports photograph, NEPA bill or any other utility bill and a valid ID card(national Id card, voters card, international passport and drivers license). You just have to take these documents down to the bank and it will be rectified.

Sorry for any inconveniences and thank you for choosing Skye bank.

My grouse is not with the policy, but with the negligence of the bank in not adequately informing me in my 8 years of using that account.

If I was aware, I would not have asked the money be transferred (I am no illiterate).

The problem is that I am currently on a visit to my family in Ekiti. Most of the original copies of the valid ID asked for are in Ogbomoso (my primary base). I should have been in Abuja for a business trip since Sunday. I have no business in Ogbomoso for now, so it is totally unfair that I have to go through the wahala of going back to Ogbomoso, because of your bank's negligence.

To add to it, this is a clear case of scam and I am certain about that. The system should have rejected the money, since it was above the set limit (as is the case for unauthorized withdrawals).

I have suffered enough emotional trauma on this matter, as I have lost key business clients, due to the unwarranted delay.
You don't know how ready I am to destroy the bank through the pen. Just so you know, I am sponsoring an advertorial tomorrow on local radio stations to enlighten my people here in Ekiti on the bank's impending downfall and the need for them to withdraw all their money from the bank.

You chose the wrong person to mess up with and I am going to war full blown. My pledge must be fulfilled. Thankfully, I have reliable financial reports to convince people with.

Just as I didn't see your trouble coming, you won't know what hit you by the time I am finished with the bank.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by kolaish(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
pmc01:

The branch service manager made mockery of me today, when I demanded she helped resolve the matter and save me more problems than already caused; she said "you know it is easier for money to get in than to get out". After that, she ignored me altogether.

I know what I have been through before posting that up there. I even approached the relationship management desk and it was the same uncaring attitude.

I asked that my account be closed, yet I was still rebuffed.
I never knew skye is that bad in terms of customer service. Close your account there and open with another bank.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by yomifola(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Bank aside..

I'm talking to you as an individual. I'm Abayomi by name and I'm part of Skye family. I want say this on behalf of myself this time around. I really feel your pain and the grudges you have against the bank. due to our negligence, we've caused you alot ; accept our apology.

I want to ask for a favour from you.. Could you please contact me privately so as for we to clear this issue once and for all. Spoiling the reputation of your bank won't be a good idea. You love us that's why you came to join us. We have thousands of workers working in this organization so as to earn their living for the feeding of their family and friends, so if you aim at the down fall of this bank, how would you want your brothers and sisters from another mother to earn their living from?

Please sir, let's settle this amicably.. Pleading in the name of GOD.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by NCP: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
pmc01:

My grouse is not with the policy, but with the negligence of the bank in not adequately informing me in my 8 years of using that account.

If I was aware, I would not have asked the money be transferred (I am no illiterate).

The problem is that I am currently on a visit to my family in Ekiti. Most of the original copies of the valid ID asked for are in Ogbomoso (my primary base). I should have been in Abuja for a business trip since Sunday. I have no business in Ogbomoso for now, so it is totally unfair that I have to go through the wahala of going back to Ogbomoso, because of your bank's negligence.

To add to it, this is a clear case of scam and I am certain about that. The system should have rejected the money, since it was above the set limit (as is the case for unauthorized withdrawals).

I have suffered enough emotional trauma on this matter, as I have lost key business clients, due to the unwarranted delay.
You don't know how ready I am to destroy the bank through the pen. Just so you know, I am sponsoring an advertorial tomorrow on local radio stations to enlighten my people here in Ekiti on the bank's impending downfall and the need for them to withdraw all their money from the bank.

You chose the wrong person to mess up with and I am going to war full blown. My pledge must be fulfilled. Thankfully, I have reliable financial reports to convince people with.

Just as I didn't see your trouble coming, you won't know what hit you by the time I am finished with the bank.

Am in with You on this. This bank made a mockery of me in Uyo.

You will need these links.

http://punchng.com/seven-banks-undercapitalised-says-report/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-10/nigerian-banking-industry-seen-in-full-blown-financial-crisis

http://www.leadership.ng/business/554110/2-nigerian-banks-close-to-insolvency-deficit-analysts

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/nigerian-banking-industry-credit-crisis/

Tomorrow right here in Uyo and Calabar, l will show my work place collegues these financial reports on Skye Bank, Diamond Bank, FCMB and co.

Only 5 Nigerian Banks are safe and Credit worthy Today.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
kolaish:
I never knew skye is that bad in terms of customer service. Close your account there and open with another bank.

Definitely and still go to war for damages caused.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 10:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
NCP:

Am in with You on this. This bank made a mockery of me in Uyo.

You will need these links.

http://punchng.com/seven-banks-undercapitalised-says-report/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-10/nigerian-banking-industry-seen-in-full-blown-financial-crisis

http://www.leadership.ng/business/554110/2-nigerian-banks-close-to-insolvency-deficit-analysts

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/nigerian-banking-industry-credit-crisis/

Tomorrow right here in Uyo and Calabar, l will show my work place collegues these financial reports on Skye Bank, Diamond Bank, FCMB and co.

Only 5 Nigerian Banks are safe and Credit worthy Today.

Thank you for the support. This will definitely go a long way.

I met a number of people in the course of this whole drama who were flatly told they couldn't assess the money in their accounts for one flimsy reason or the other. In fact, an elderly woman was pleading today she needed to send money to her child urgently and she was coldly dismissed on the grounds that no money available in the bank. As incredible as that sounds, there was no remorse shown for the poor woman's plight, that really broke my heart to pieces.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by NCP: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
pmc01:

Thank you for the support. This will definitely go a long way.

I met a number of people in the course of this whole drama who were flatly told they couldn't assess the money in their accounts for one flimsy reason or the other. In fact, an elderly woman was pleading today she needed to send money to her child urgently and she was coldly dismissed on the grounds that no money available in the bank. As incredible as that sounds, there was no remorse shown for the poor woman's plight, that really broke my heart to pieces.

@Bolded, those are signs of a distressed bank or in liquidity crisis.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
yomifola:
Bank aside..

I'm talking to you as an individual. I'm Abayomi by name and I'm part of Skye family. I want say this on behalf of myself this time around. I really feel your pain and the grudges you have against the bank. due to our negligence, we've caused you alot ; accept our apology.

I want to ask for a favour from you.. Could you please contact me privately so as for we to clear this issue once and for all. Spoiling the reputation of your bank won't be a good idea. You love us that's why you came to join us. We have thousands of workers working in this organization so as to earn their living for the feeding of their family and friends, so if you aim at the down fall of this bank, how would you want your brothers and sisters from another mother to earn their living from?

Please sir, let's settle this amicably.. Pleading in the name of GOD.

As much as this should move me, I am too much emotionally drained to even give it a thought. You really can never appreciate what I have been through. It is too much a traumatic experience that I can't bear. It has cost me happy relations with family around, because the normally cheerful lad has been so cold and desolate. I have been keeping away from everyone, just to sulk and wonder in space.

For a young business trying to gain market share in the field, your bank has killed the little advancement made so far.

You really think clients care about whatever problems I have with my bank, when I fail to deliver for almost a week? They simply move on- the sad reality.

To top it all, I was asked to be taken away by the security today, when I adamant I needed to be attended to. No care whatsoever.

I'm sorry sir, it is not such an easy call for me to reconsider my mission. I really appreciate your care.

2 Likes

Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
The bank and her people have flexed their might; let the helpless do the little he can to gradually clip the wings of the mighty hawk, till it can do no further harm.

How long shall the oppressed silently bear the oppression, till he turns around to smash the oppressor?

As much as I might not have the resources and capacity to sue for damages, I do know what panic withdrawal and loss of public confidence will bring about. Bring on whatever you can, you lose the PR war, whichever way. I do know my onions well, I am well groomed for this.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
tbaba1234:
Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Shukran!
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by acevic: 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
This sounds like war....
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by yomifola(m): 1:05am On Oct 12, 2016
Sir.. You can't clear an headache with a sledge hammer. Ease, be calm we are all Africans and one blood. We are not there yet, we are just getting there. We are not perfect, we are just trying to be perfect. Everybody has his/her own flaws. I'm just pleading. Take things easy sir.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 10:11am On Oct 13, 2016
Anyways, after 'taking things easy' and pending all malicious actions, I see the almighty Skye Bank wouldn't still release my money, despite fulfilling all requirements. No word of comfort, no word of assurance.
Let's proceed with step one...

1 Like

Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2016
pmc01:
Anyways, after 'taking things easy' and pending all malicious actions, I see the almighty Skye Bank wouldn't still release my money, despite fulfilling all requirements. No word of comfort, no word of assurance.
Let's proceed with step one...

Mr Pmc, I understand perfectly what you're passing through but I implore you to please contact Yomifola and see how he can be of help to you.

Please let him help you. Please I'm begging.
Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Mr Pmc, I understand perfectly what you're passing through but I implore you to please contact Yomifola and see how he can be of help to you.

Please let him help you. Please I'm begging.
Thanks sir.

I already replied his request to send a mail.

But I accepted his plea. Unfortunately, I was disappointed once more again today, simply because the bank staff claimed he 'erroneously input' a wrong digit into the account number mailed to the control centre (or where ever the mail went to).

How on earth he came about that is beyond me. I completed three different forms bearing the correct account number and he still managed to manufacture a fictitious account number.

This is obviously a deliberate foul play, I have no further doubts about that.

Yet, I should take things easy?
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
I think it's time I clamoured for a front page slot.

Thankfully, I managed to get audio recordings of customers lamenting the bank's very poor services. This will be useful in radio campaigns.

Cc: Laslasticlala
Mynd44
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
pmc01:

I already replied his request to send a mail.

But I accepted his plea. Unfortunately, I was disappointed once more again today, simply because the bank staff claimed he 'erroneously input' a wrong digit into the account number mailed to the control centre (or where ever the mail went to).

How on earth he came about that is beyond me. I completed three different forms bearing the correct account number and he still managed to manufacture a fictitious account number.

This is obviously a deliberate foul play, I have no further doubts about that.

Yet, I should take things easy?

I'm really sorry for the pain you're passing through. It's better imagined than experienced.

Right now, do what you can to get your trapped money.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by Double194(m): 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
@pmc01. I sincerely urge You to take things easy and not start a war with a financial institution with lots of staff who are our brothers and sisters with mouths to feed. Just follow due process to recover your monies. They wronged you, Yes, but would radio campaigns and lawsuits ease the pain and sufferings.? I doubt that. Revenge is not the option.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
I am sure taking it easy. I haven't commenced the publicity in full swing. Fingers crossed.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by tunlex01(m): 8:56am On Oct 14, 2016
pmc01:
I am sure taking it easy. I haven't commenced the publicity in full swing. Fingers crossed.

Good morning, I sent a pm to you, please respond.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by yomifola(m): 9:09am On Oct 14, 2016
pmc01:

Good morning MR alli.. Hope your night was great?

I sent a mail to you but you've not respond.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by pmc01(m): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Issue has been resolved. Sword sheathed.
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by MnenaSadiku(f): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
smiley
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by Funjosh(m): 2:59am On Nov 20, 2016
Banks and their wahala. Same thing I experienced with StanbicIBTC 2years ago. I had to take it to Twitter and c.f. giditraffic they hsve to settle me from their headquarters
Re: How To Kill Skye Bank by efilefun(m): 3:20am On Nov 20, 2016
kolaish:
I regret trusting that dead bank, opened an acct in dec while in 9ja and the very first minute I left the country it's been one issue to another, presently other banks allow their customers who informed them before leaving the country to use their naira ATM outside the country but Skye bank had stopped theirs completely way before others and their exchange rate was the worst while they were even active... that bank is fast becoming a micro finance bank, just can't wait to be back in naija to close down the useless account and move to a better bank that's more focused and ready for business not one dilapidated dead good for nothing business center

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 ECN Forex Brokers With Lowest Spreads / Available Job Offers In Canada For Nigerians! Limited Space Available / Partnership With Jumia Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.