Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,009 members, 7,949,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:12 AM

Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices (25762 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan / Buhari Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Anyene As Auditor-general / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Elbowroom: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
Illiterates be saying.. North again?

Lol stupidity* just de spread like blueband butter for Nigeria youths mind

They think all northerns re hausas
They think all northerners are Muslims

Lol

Sentiments, bigotry and lack of proper education is affecting most of you
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Elbowroom: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
chaloner:
Northernization of the country is on course..... They will still fail. Removing south nd puting north. Well for my first time . i blame yorubas for all dis.

Bush dog
Judiciary appointments aren't based on political enumeration, it's zone by zone

Bigot
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by chaloner(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
Elbowroom:

Bush dog
Judiciary appointments aren't based on political enumeration, it's zone by zone

Bigot
dats all? Oya slap urself
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by TijaniAbu: 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
The Dullardeen better probe them, arrest them and investigate them, then disgrace them in a media trial first. If they survive that without complaining is when he should send their names to Senate. So he does not waste Senate's time because time is money and Nigerians are tired of the Dullardeen's blame game. This is not the change we voted for.
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by mapet: 6:38am On Oct 12, 2016
sportskid:
I always know that buhari was looking for a way to replace the old judges with his own puppets. We are watching.

.....and I guess you conveniently missed the part that these Judges were recommended by the NJC?
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by mapet: 6:40am On Oct 12, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
cheesy grin grin

Northern Supreme Court Judges to replace Southern Supreme Court Judges

Buhari replacing Southern Judges with His Northern Brothers to help do his dirty work and subvert the rule of law and eliminate democracy in Nigeria.

Thunder fire Buhari and gullible Nigerians who still think Buhari is fighting corruption .

This is when Idiocy is mixed with illiteracy.

I guess it is not of any consequences that these nominated judges were recommended by NJC and that they fulfil the two vacant geopolitical zone of the North? Or he should nominate Igbo judges to fill northern slots?
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by mapet: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2016
Miles300:
and this is where govt is insensitive , politically .. This thins cos division in a nation .. It's not abt if it's the north that can do d job , does that mean there are no other clean judges in other region ...

When we say people reason from the foot.........

There are clear laid down procedures for selecting supreme court judges

1. Judges are nominated by NJC and recommended to the President
2. Each geopolitical region has at least a one.
3. These judges are replacing the retiring ones from their geopolitical zone.

Do you want to nominate judges from east or south-south to take the slot of the north?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by babooshka: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2016
Beetobee:

Why do Nigeria's daftest people like trooping to Nairaland? Why,why,why?
na u be chief daftest wey dey troop come NL. Mtchewww.
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by mapet: 6:47am On Oct 12, 2016
mamatino99:
Honestly some Nigerians are terrible, just look at how one mane is playing chess game with illiterate Nigerians and you people are proud, I ask, is it only northern people are educated in nigeria that made president to appoint only his people?,is the northern people are the only tribes in nigeria that have sence of leadership in nigeria? Why is it that people don't want to look deeper and see how desperate the president are, honestly nigerias are primitive and they live like people from Stone Age.

We can safely deduce that

1. you're barely educated
2. you do not read before jumping into conclusion
3. You have no clue how judges to the supreme court are selected

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Miles300: 7:42am On Oct 12, 2016
mapet:

When we say people reason from the foot.........

There are clear laid down procedures for selecting supreme court judges

1. Judges are nominated by NJC and recommended to the President
2. Each geopolitical region has at least a one.
3. These judges are replacing the retiring ones from their geopolitical zone.

Do you want to nominate judges from east or south-south to take the slot of the north?
thanks anyways , we can't know it all and the best way to correct someone is to do it politely and not wit insults ... Thank u for makin me understand how it works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:01am On Oct 12, 2016
I guess some wailers don't know they are being promoted due to their ranks.
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by mapet: 10:10am On Oct 12, 2016
Miles300:
thanks anyways , we can't know it all and the best way to correct someone is to do it politely and not wit insults ... Thank u for makin me understand how it works

....then I must apologise for being hard on you. I believe we yoots owe ourselves a whole lot of responsibility to search and ascertain correctness of information we put out there. We must not just throw wild and uninformed accussations, despite glaring truth available to confirm from.

A lot of people come on NL with no value to offer but to spread falsehood and hate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by olakan22: 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
Tonitelli:

Full blooded Ogbomosho man..lol...

Two supreme court justices are retiring in October and November from north central and northeast....Buhari has only replaced them from the same zones according to federal principles as recommended and forwarded by the National Judicial Council..

you for just try read small...
clap for yourself. But I can't find 'replacement for retiring judges', not in OP's post, not through the link provided. So be intelligent to give evidence showing that the newly appointed judges are replacements for the 'retiring' judges and not for the arrested ones...then we'll take it from there. Before then, enjoy your day
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Elbowroom: 11:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
chaloner:
dats all? Oya slap urself

Receive sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disregard Baseless Rumours About Buhari's Death - Garba Shehu / Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.