Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,396 members, 7,978,261 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:40 AM

'nigerians Are Hyping Recession' - Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'nigerians Are Hyping Recession' - Rochas Okorocha (307 Views)

Profile Of Ugwumba Uche Nwosu: Biography Of Rochas Okorocha Choice Of Successor / I Was Shocked When I Saw President Buhari In London- Rochas Okorocha / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'nigerians Are Hyping Recession' - Rochas Okorocha by ovyekuju(m): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
While playing host to a Nigerian Defence Academy delegation, Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha said Nigerians were dramatizing the country's economic situation.

“I think what we call recession has been over dramatised. I say so because agriculture had remained the nation’s main pivot upon which all the sectors of our economy revolve. Because this vital sector has been neglected, it has given rise to poverty today, including the rise in the Dollar and the fall of the Naira”.

Most times in Nigeria, we treat the symptoms rather than the disease. Let us discuss more about the disease, which is the total neglect of the agricultural sector of the nation’s economy by our past leaders”.

The governor recalled that agriculture sustained the nation before the discovery of oil.

“At that time, we were a rich nation. Oil made us lazy. This led us into this recession. Imo State is keying into the revitalization of the agric sector. We have gone deep in our palm plantation and we are moving speedily into rice farming” he said.

More at http://www.bookspen.com/nigerians-hyping-recession-rochas-okorocha/
Re: 'nigerians Are Hyping Recession' - Rochas Okorocha by mikolo80: 5:04am On Oct 12, 2016
We've been in depression for 60yrs
Nothing new
Time to go back to the farm
Re: 'nigerians Are Hyping Recession' - Rochas Okorocha by IstandWitBuhari: 5:35am On Oct 12, 2016
Haahahahahahahaha okoroawusa is very funny

(1) (Reply)

Police Is Your Friend. Change Begins With Nigerian Police / Don't Laff Alone / Femi Fani -kayode’ S Life In Danger – Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.