Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,354 members, 7,950,736 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:45 PM

Does God Change? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Change? (589 Views)

Does God Really Exist / Does God Exist? A Debate / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Change? by rexben(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
The God of the old testament asked His people to utterly destroy their enemies without sparing any, while on the contrary the God of the new testament asked His children to love their enemies.
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a human being, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not make it happen?
Num 23:19
But he is unchangeable, and who can change him? Whatever he has desired, he does.
Job 23:13
If God does not change, it means God of the old testament is different from the new testament. So, which one is the supreme God? Is it the old testament's God or the new testament's God?
Or if God does not change, it means God was portrayed wrongly either in the old testament or new testament. So, where was portrayed wrongly, is it in the old or new testament?

1 Like

Re: Does God Change? by Olizey(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
No.

The God I know and serve doesn't change.

I don't need to explain

1 Like

Re: Does God Change? by Tallesty1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
rexben:
The God of the old testament asked His people to utterly destroy their enemies without sparing any, while on the contrary the God of the new testament asked His children to love their enemies.
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a human being, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not make it happen?
But he is unchangeable, and who can change him? Whatever he has desired, he does.
If God does not change, it means God of the old testament is different from the new testament. So, which one is the supreme God? Is it the old testament's God or the new testament's God?
Or if God does not change, it means God was portrayed wrongly either in the old testament or new testament. So, where was portrayed wrongly, is it in the old or new testament?
Are you asking to learn or to argue??
Re: Does God Change? by Scholar8200(m): 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
rexben:
First, did the God of the OT allow the enemies of the Israelites destroy them? If yes, why? And lest you spread this rather lopsided version I hope you realise that Love was commanded in the OT:

Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

[size=18pt]Deuteronomy 10:19[/size]

Note that God did not bid them do to strangers what Egypt did to them.

Now who is the stranger and who is the enemy?How was Israel to differentiate and on what basis did a stranger graduate into an enemy? And why did Israel suffer the same fate in the hands of enemies at some point?

That is for your Bible study.

HAlleluyah!

God remains the same!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Change? by rexben(m): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
Scholar8200:
First, did the God of the OT allow the enemies of the Israelites destroy them? If yes, why? And lest you spread this rather lopsided version I hope you realise that Love was commanded in the OT:

Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

[size=18pt]Deuteronomy 10:19[/size]

Note that God did not bid them do to strangers what Egypt did to them.

Now who is the stranger and who is the enemy?How was Israel to differentiate and on what basis did a stranger graduate into an enemy? And why did Israel suffer the same fate in the hands of enemies at some point?

That is for your Bible study.

HAlleluyah!

God remains the same!
Lol
Pls, must you always respond. Pls, understand my thread before you respond.
My threads are not borne out of jealousy. They are borne out of obeying Jesus and witnessing Jesus.
Don't get it twisted. I'm not witnessing about the Jesus Christians preach ooo.
Re: Does God Change? by Scholar8200(m): 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
rexben:
Lol
My threads are not borne out of jealousy. They are borne out of obeying Jesus and witnessing Jesus.
And how does my reply suggest any of these?

Out of the abundance of your heart.....

Next time you open a thread just tell me to steer clear and I promise to obey.
Re: Does God Change? by xtivin(m): 5:57am On Oct 12, 2016
Jahovah does not change,but he can change his mind on issues when he decides to.But because he is God no man can question him
Re: Does God Change? by cloudgoddess(f): 6:08am On Oct 12, 2016
xtivin:
Jahovah does not change,but he can change his mind on issues when he decides to.But because he is God no man can question him
How is "changing one's mind on issues" not a type of "changing"?

1 Like

Re: Does God Change? by xtivin(m): 6:56am On Oct 12, 2016
cloudgoddess:

How is "changing one's mind on issues" not a type of "changing"?
Please use your head,have you not changed your mind on an issue before maybe after someone pleaded? does it change your personality?.Lets be reasonable at all times
Re: Does God Change? by malvisguy212: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2016
rexben:
that is because its a new covenant,God did not send his son to condemn the world, but to RECONCILE the world to himself. In the old testament, we see how sins is terrible and we see the penalty of breaking God law is, God will not ignore sin.

The first convent was written in MOUNT SINAI and it is the Law, when you live by the law, sin flow easily, and when sin flow, PUNISHMENT came.

The second convent was made in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and the bible made it CRYTAL clear, it will be DIfFERENT from the one made with your father:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 - "Behold, the days come,
saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel, and with the house of
Judah: NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENAT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHER in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah.

This is self explanatory, you don't expect the old and new covenant to be the same, the new convent was fulfilled in christ jesus, and jesus did not come to judge the world:

John 3:17
17 For God did NOT send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be SAVED through him.

In fact, verse 17 came right after john 3:16 ( for God so love the world). Then why are you accusing God of not showing equal love ? So I think there is an intention that the Old
Testament look bleak, sin look horrible, God
look just, and that there be much less mercy,
proportionate to what you see in the three
years of the ministry of Jesus. And that's
intentional. This is what God's heart is to the
world right now.

All this, is an effort to prove God does not exist ?
Re: Does God Change? by malvisguy212: 7:39am On Oct 12, 2016
rexben:
Lol
Which jesus are you witnessing to ? Were is the message of this jesus ?
Re: Does God Change? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:40am On Oct 12, 2016
God told the Israelites that he z destroying those people for them not because the Israelites deserved it but because of the covenant he made with their fathers and because of the wickedness the nations have shown towards him. mind you even in the old testament God said “thou shall love thy stranger because thou were a stranger in the land of Egypt". God talked about love even in the old testament.. he doesn't change. as for the ‘no mercy ' stuff, i don't know much about it.. if u do please tell me

(1) (Reply)

See Life Of RCCG Oooo / Here Are The 20 Things The Blood Of Christ Does / www.AMORConline.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.