Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,586 members, 7,975,306 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:23 PM

How Good is Your Observation And Memory? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Good is Your Observation And Memory? (711 Views)

Unidentified Lady With Memory Loss And Her Daughter In Lagos State (photo) / Service Host Local System High CPU And Memory Usage Fix / Observation: npower Pre Selected Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Good is Your Observation And Memory? by yorex2011: 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
So I just decided to end my day with a normal recap excercise i normally, which involves recalling the events of today with as much detail as possible. Its an exercise that generally helps ones brain, your memory improves, your focus improves, etc
So I left my haus at 8:52AM, I remember cos normally I leave at 8:30AM but while wearing my wrist watch I stole a glance at the time and it was about 8:49AM, and I should have spent at most 3 mins max in the haus before leaving the door.

The first bus I entered Had a driver who was Igbo and wore a black shirt who was prolly about 5ft 8inches tall (cos I remember when hearing an Agbero calling him short man in one of the bustops) and i looked at him to ascertain that he was really short, I was the first person to enter the bus and then another lady entered an told him the bustop she was gonna stop,
Then another dude entered before we moved. about 200m or so away, a petite lady wanted to enter but had 1000 naira but he told her he didnt have change, but the was advised by the second woman that he wud definitely get more passenger along the road so he carried her.

The vehicle was a yellow shuttle, judging from the series of people that were in the bus the driver probably made about 430 or so from all the passengers cos i remember 4 people paying 50 naira, Then 3 paying 80 naira (I, the 1k lady and the third person to enter). The two guys entered much later and stopped close to each other paying 50 naira each, the second lady paid 50, then picked up a woman with child who sat at the attachment seat whose fair was 50 naira.

There was hold up so he had to take a different route, on getting to first leg of my journey, had to take a different approach as there was traffic, entered a danfo which was looking like scrap, the driver had no conductor, wore a white singlet, I remember the people seated in the row behind the driver, one got into a fracas with the driver cos he wanted to pay for 50 naira with 500 lolz. There were two hausa men who sat entered together, one beside me, one behind me. They spoke Hausa throughout, a bunch of walahis and "million biyu" whatever that means, apparently the one dat did more of listening was surprised at what the other was saying.
Got to my bustop and remember the touts cursing at the driver for stopping at that particular lay-by

Got an Orbit chewing gum from a lady who sold sweets on a small tray. She was wearing a blue native dress. The final Keke Napep I entered was the same one i entered yesterday, two men with one woman who apparently told the driver where she was going but the driver eventually forgot and took her past it and she got really pissed.

after alighting the keke, crossing the first part of the road, twas a Danfo with high ceiling that was closest to me, I remember it passing me by just as a climbed on tho the road separator, tho I had completely crossed and was walking beside the separator before eventually climbing onto it to get to the second crossing.

Crossed the second half then greeted a woman who sells stuff by road tho she didnt hear me.

Cant give details of all that happened at the workplace

left the work place around 5:20pm or so cos i remember a call came into my fone and my phone's time was around 5:17pm, then the person called back a few mins later when i had already left.

The Keke i entered was driven by a short muslim guy with beards who wore a native and carried a small strap bag where he kept his money, the keke was filled with men this time.

The second vehicle I entered didnt have a door and the lady that sat at the attachment complained about it during the ride, when we got to out destination he showed us where his door was as proof that it wasnt intentional that he didnt have a door but it pulled off or something like that

There were 4 women and 3 men in the vehicle

The one directly in front of me had a samsung (one of the A series or an S5 not sure) gold with a slight crack line on the screen.

One getting to the bustop to take my last bus, 3 of the shuttles were filled and where already leaving the third one to leave had a plate number (JJJ 990 XM) or something of the form cant really visualise clearly, twas navy blue colored, then I entered the second one from him.

That particular journey was uneventful, tho i didnt like the way he was speeding and the way he was using his brakes was suggesting to me that he may have brake issues which i was initially scared of.

The rest of the trip was pretty routine, Cant remember exactly when I got home, I remember my GF whatsapping me at around 5:40pm, while I was in the first bus, I'd prolly say i got home around 6:20pm give or take 10mins.

This practice has helped me remember important stuff, and my brain is a lil sharper and I'm able to remember stuff after just one glance.

Its also interesting re-living some of this stuff in your subconscious with so much clarity.

grin grin grin

Y'all shud try it, challenge yourself!!!

Abeg yall shud disregard any typos o, afterall I'm not writing a journal or publication lolz
Re: How Good is Your Observation And Memory? by jopretty(f): 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
It is a good one, I think I have to start it too.
Re: How Good is Your Observation And Memory? by yorex2011: 12:05am On Oct 12, 2016
jopretty:
It is a good one, I think I have to start it too.
yeah you should, You can start from the little things..
I remember when I was younger and didnt have a phone yet, I had over 100 phone numbers in memory, but then I got a phone and I got lazy.
truth is you'll get to a stage when you can just remember stuff after seeing it once and your brain automatically calculates a way for you to remember it. I remember seeing a phone number once that ended in 2987 and my brain just figured a way to remember instantly. someone who is 29 now was born in 87. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Naira Inches To N280 To US Dollar As At 20/10/2016 / Deleted / Watch Shocking Video Of Lady Who Walked Nekedy On Stage At 3 Thrones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.