Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest (77745 Views)

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by SenatorJames(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2016
The business of AGRICULTURE is truly a serious business.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
aquadude15:

pls how do you apply the manure b4 planting and wat quantity do you apply on the spot,then is their still nid to apply manure again after the first application

Go to page 1 of the thread you will find a picture that may help.

There is no need again since you will be using fertiliser.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
Dadanoah:
pls dnt be vex abt my question....Do u mix insecticite and fungicide together and spray it every four!four! interval or what?...please which method do u use to spray it in time of harvest?,because chemical wil be at the cucumber skin and its harmful like that. THaNKS

I mix insecticide and Fungicide

I spray the plants but it's done at least 48 hrs before the day of harvest
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
owoademola:

I really appreciate your effort, kindly continue to work towards greater goal.
This is what I want to be seeing from NL not abusing the Man that said we should look inward.
I will be posting my Processing Plant soon, once its completed not depending on Dollar like some ignorance on this Forum that does not know the meaning of opportunity.
Kudos to you guy.
Thank you
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
Second harvest at Day 48

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Arvinkris(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
What's the size of your farm?
your harvest is huge. You re planting Tokyo variety?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Dadanoah(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
jephito:

I spray the plants but it's done at least 48 hrs befriending the day of harvest
THANKS
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by aquadude15: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
jephito:

Go to page 1 of the thread you will find a picture that may help.
There is no need again since you will be using fertiliser.
I saw your pics but what I want to ask sir is *do you just spray the manure were you plant or u mix it into the soil *do you plant the seed before or after application
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
aquadude15:
I saw your pics but what I want to ask sir is *do you just spray the manure were you plant or u mix it into the soil *do you plant the seed before or after application
I place(not spray) it where I want to plant I plant after.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Ajusshi: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
jephito:

I place(not spray) it where I want to plant
I plant after.
Please, could you be kind enough to tell us the quantity ( in bags ) of each harvest update?. Thanks in advance.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:10am On Oct 20, 2016
Jstemmanex was in my farm yesterday

One of my follower on Twitter @bakaresegun

and Josephine (a reporter) too visited today

Day 53
3rd harvest

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jstemmanex(m): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2016
Big ups to u bro, great job u doin
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
jstemmanex:
Big ups to u bro, great job u doin

Thank you my brother.... Looking forward to seeing yours too very soon
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Objzus(m): 1:32am On Oct 21, 2016
You apply local fertilizer(dungs) while planting? How long does it take from planting to harvesting?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by SenseiAri: 5:28am On Oct 25, 2016
Please @jephito how do you apply the npk and urea? Do you just place them near the plant? or digg and mix them in? Thanks and congratulations on your harvest.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 6:35am On Oct 25, 2016
I just place them about 4"inches away from the plants.

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 6:45am On Oct 25, 2016
Day 58

4th Harvest

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Arvinkris(m): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
Can u help me with how many seeds are likely to be in 50g tin. To help me estimate how many to buy for an acre?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by aboutbiz: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
please how many acres do you use to plant this
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
aboutbiz:
please how many acres do you use to plant this

1½ plots
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
Arvinkris:
Can u help me with how many seeds are likely to be in 50g tin. To help me estimate how many to buy for an acre?

No, I don't have the figure. But you can buy one and count to get the number of seeds in a 50g can

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Pavore9: 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
jephito:
Day 58

4th Harvest

You really did have a bountiful harvest! cool

Hope you will avail us what you made from it in respect to sales......is all about the figures! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by bamigee: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2016
Is this in line with the withdrawal period specified on the pesticide bottles

I think 48 hours is to little for the pesticides to get broken down and go into the harmless state

Please check.

jephito:

I spray the plants but it's done at least 48 hrs before the day of harvest
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
Pavore9:

You really did have a bountiful harvest! cool

Hope you will avail us what you made from it in respect to sales......is all about the figures! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bountiful indeed! Cos I made the 5th harvest today at Day 62.

All glory to God.

I will try post ROI at the end. I will be doing a mop up harvest by Tuesday Day 66

1 Share

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Pavore9: 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
jephito:

Bountiful indeed! Cos I made the 5th harvest today at Day 62.

All glory to God.

I will try post ROI at the end. I will be doing a mop up harvest by Tuesday Day 66

God really blessed the works of your hands...such harvest from a Lagos farm! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
Pavore9:

God really blessed the works of your hands...such harvest from a Lagos farm! cheesy

All thanks to God.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
bamigee:
Is this in line with the withdrawal period specified on the pesticide bottles

I think 48 hours is to little for the pesticides to get broken down and go into the harmless state

Please check.

I will check. Thanks.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Arvinkris(m): 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
@jephito,wat cud be the cause that all my cucumber plants look wilted during the hot sunny day but look healthy in the morning and evening? Any idea? I planted in sacks n they are like 4 weeks now
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2016
Arvinkris:
@jephito,wat cud be the cause that all my cucumber plants look wilted during the hot sunny day but look healthy in the morning and evening? Any idea? I planted in sacks n they are like 4 weeks now

Lol... There no cause for alarm.. The hot weather is responsible.
Just irrigate properly
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Arvinkris(m): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
jephito:

Lol... There no cause for alarm.. The hot weather is responsible.
Just irrigate properly

thanks. We learn everyday.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by FarmTech(m): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
Jephito, nice WK., do u have problem with rodents?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
FarmTech:
Jephito, nice WK., do u have problem with rodents?

No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Harvests A Very Big Cassava. Photos / Piggery House Construction Design Details / How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.