Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,707 members, 7,926,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 07:25 AM

Significance Of Gaining Admission Into Higher Institution. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Significance Of Gaining Admission Into Higher Institution. (656 Views)

Things You Must Do As A Freshman In A Higher Institution / 13 Things You Should Know How To Do Before You Go To Higher Institution / I Wrote UTME 12 Times Before Gaining Admission - OAU Fresher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Significance Of Gaining Admission Into Higher Institution. by Onikijipa1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
It is quiet encouraging seeing some post of aspirants asking series of questions, some questions required answer while some do not. Gaining admission might be the less blessing you received as a being, the question is: What are your preparations after being offered a provisional admission?

But, It's quiet unfortunate many aspirants are known at Mosque and night vigil in the name of admission but, failed to prepare their mind after their request being granted by Allah. Bear it in mind, if you aren't inform, you will be deform. And if you are deform, definitely you can never perform. In our world today, you might be opportuned to be offered admission but, rejoice less and be more grateful by thinking of the challenges ahead of you.

There are many Students today that lacks adequate orientation before gaining admission, thereby finds their staying in the campus more difficult. Seek orientation from the experieced learners, let them inform you about the difficult/easy moment of being in the campus. Here are some tips:-

0. Be prayerful!

1. My friend, it isn't a must you read 24/7 as a Student, your brain will be affected. Make a time-table for your day after each lecture and create a moment to rest.

2. Never stay alone when you discovered yourself as a slow learner:-
Many Students today finds it difficult to reach the best Student among them, claiming they are in the same Department and were taught at the same time. My Man, brain sharp pass brain, if you no mingle with them, you go regret at the end. And that won't affect their excellent result.

3. Be attentive while Lecture is on, and avoid all sort of distractions.

4. Mingle with the best and not those that will limit your inspiration of Success.

5. Attend all forms of tutorial and make your note comprehensive to go through. Walking around the School won't help you.

6. Yes! Let them identify you!
Some Students finds it difficult to ask question after lectures, no Professor will challenge you of asking what you didn't know. Had it been you knew it already, you won't seek admission. Never mind those that hisses/laughs while you ask question, let them laugh at your blunt grammar today and smile at your Success tomorrow.

7. Engage yourself in self extra-moral class:-
Prepare yourself series of questions and write out the difficult one for your peer group to solve. Before you know, you are already a First Class product.

8. Team Work is all about doing it once and multiplies its Success. Engage yourself in an excellent team work.

9. Never deprive yourself of the leisure time.

10. Be Smart:-
You find out some people are good naturally but, had fair result sometimes. Don't depend on solving to get, be smart in your calculations and learn the necessary fast formulas. It might be CBT sometimes.

11. Procrastination.
This is a deadly inspiration that destroys your aspiration of Success. Never left no stone unturned, do the right thing at the right moment. Avoid postponement of important task.

Little experience to learn from.

It was a best moment of gaining admission in a University. As lecture starts and discoverd some lectures aren't understood, i went to our class rep to explain my situation and promised to render some help. When i realized he's not responding, i stand infront of the class and shout "Please, help me!!!! I need a tutorial". Abdullah, who happens to be the best Student of our department volunteered himself. Many people do visit him for extra moral class but, he do create time for me alone due to my situation. I visited him almost every Day and Night till the end of my stay in the University. Academically, I was drilled by Abdullah and my staying in the Campus becomes a joyful moment worth remembering.This is how i manage to graduate with 4.35 CGPA.

Lesson:

Never hide your situation, it won't help. It is better they laugh at you today and later smile about your Success tomorrow.

May we all Succeed in our doings.

By: Ahmad Muhammad Onikijipa.
Direct entry aspirant of Federal University of Technology Minna.

Re: Significance Of Gaining Admission Into Higher Institution. by YhungPablo(m): 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
thanks
Re: Significance Of Gaining Admission Into Higher Institution. by leinad11(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
Great one bro
Re: Significance Of Gaining Admission Into Higher Institution. by djWALE(m): 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nice write up..
Re: Significance Of Gaining Admission Into Higher Institution. by Carisma4U(f): 12:25am On Oct 13, 2016
Creating kids as innovators part 1

We, educators live in an age when our job is to move students go beyond memorizing a things they might need someday. These days a smartphone and quick Google search are able to do that. Our true job is to get students ready for the future by helping them learn to access and use information in ways that are meaningful to them. To motivate their innate desire to learn about their world (and improve it).

It’s important that we provide them the opportunities to pursue their own interests and passions. Offering students this as part of their education tells them that their own desires are critical to the learning process. It also asks them the most important question a teacher can ask: “What do you want to learn?”

When I taught as a math teacher in North Carolina, I was fortunate to see this at work with our school requiring every senior to present a speech that encompassed something they were passionate about. We saw tremendous creativity, talent and skill emerge as students explored cooking, video game programming, yoga, astronautics, andmauto design.

I happened to teach students of various grades and learned to find creative ways to offer a similar experiences to my other students. Now I appreciate this practice more tan ever practice of offering students the hours and resources to develop passion projects on the side. Since then, I encourage teachers of all grade levels and in all subject areas, the value of offering students passion time (named “20time” by Google Educators Academy) at school.

This set aside time could be scheduled for one day a week, one hour a day. I’ve seen this type of program be successful in my wife’s kindergarten class, with senior projects, and in every grade in between. I’ve also seen it work at the various schools that I taught at.

One that I recall with fondness was that of a school in New York City; the Bronx; to be more precise a High School not too far from the Yankee Stadium where our visionary Principal created the Passion project as part of the school culture. All students spend their entire Wednesday working on a project pursuing one of their passions, and all the teachers at the school were involved (at least two teachers were required to sign off on each project before a student begun). The students build windmills, painted murals, produced illustrated books, to name a few. The evidence of their learning was all over the school.

These students have ownership over their own learning, and they had a school with the courageous leadership and empowered teachers needed to make that happen.

(1) (Reply)

2017/2018 Jamb Thread.. / Uni Abuja 2016/2017 Admission List Finally Out....... / Free Courses For Teachers, Tutors, Lecturers And Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.