Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,212 members, 7,903,979 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:02 AM

Shia Members Have Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shia Members Have Rights (472 Views)

"Evidence Emerges Of Mass Burials After Arbaeen Massacre Of Shia In Kano"- IHRC / Attack On Shia Muslims Continues In Kaduna From “House To House" (Pics, Video) / Military And Shia Members Clash In Funtua Katsina (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shia Members Have Rights by mrrights: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
SHIA HAS RIGHTS Shia has been existing for many years, and to my understanding, I have never seen Shia members constitute threat to peaceful living. All they are known for is group solidarity.They are often very protective of themselves because they are a minority in Islam, and sometimes, they employ the use of strong words to describe what they disagree with. But do they constitute threat to National security? Definitely not. To a large extent, they are a peaceful people, with strong ideology and no fear whatsoever. I mean, very courageous and fearless group of people with strong dedication to their ideal. The only crime you can accuse Shia members of is holding a different ideology and having unbreakable loyalty to their leaders, if that is a crime. Anything outside this, is not a truthful description of Shia and it's movement . The only major offense of Shia, is the same offense all religious organizations do commit, which is the obstruction of roads during their religious activities, but is this enough reason to kill and destroy their places of worship with outright impunity? Is this enough reason to dehumanize them and commit all know crimes against humanity against them? Is this enough reason to strip them off basic human rights such as rights to free speech, movement and association? The answer is a resounding no. It is important to note that, we all saw the outcome of the commission of inquiry set up by the government which indicted the military in the Zaria massacre of Shia, but rather than redress government's culpability in that unfortunate incident, what we saw, or are seeing, is the use of force against defenseless citizens with outright disregard for law and order. Let it be known that, Nigerian government has failed it's citizens who are members of Shia, Shia members have been wronged, and no matter what those in government today do or say, they can never take away Shia's rights to justice. Shia has rights, not one bestowed on them by those in government, but one which they posses as people. I am confident that in the nearest future, all those who perpetrate these grave violations shall not go unpunished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shia Members Have Rights by CoolFreeday(m): 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
where are you speaking from? same way other Nigerians too have right. before you conclude, asked those that live close to them and hear what they have to say, don't stay in the comfort of your room and conclude.
I have seen Catholic doing procession and leaving part of the road for others to pass, but this guys block a whole Federal road denying other their right of free movement including the chief of army staff
Common. I do a lot of advocacy, speak against abuse of rights but we have to balance things up. your right shouldn't infringe on others right

1 Like

Re: Shia Members Have Rights by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
CoolFreeday:
where are you speaking from? same way other Nigerians too have right. before you conclude, asked those that live close to them and hear what they have to say, don't stay in the comfort of your room and conclude.
I have seen Catholic doing procession and leavr others to pass, but this guys block a whole Federal road denying other their right of free movement including the chief of army staff
Common. I do a lot of advocacy, speak against abuse of rights but we have to balance things up. your right shouldn't infringe on others right
Mr man, if u cme to the north on Fridays so many roads are close for prayers an nobody dare passes through them. That Is the same "crime" of the Shias nd nothing more!!!. Should the government als kill xristians and sunnis who do this also?

1 Like

Re: Shia Members Have Rights by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
CoolFreeday:
I have seen Catholic doing procession and leaving part of the road for others to pass, but this guys block a whole Federal road denying other their right of free movement including the chief of army staff
Mr man, if u cme to the north on Fridays so many roads are close for prayers an nobody dare passes through them. That Is the same "crime" of the Shias nd nothing more!!!. Should the government als kill xristians and sunnis who do this also?
Re: Shia Members Have Rights by mrrights: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
I wonder oo
Re: Shia Members Have Rights by neocortex: 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
CoolFreeday:

While we can ask those staying close to shiitess about their experience, unfortunately , we can't ask
those staying close to Boko haram(a sunni organisation) because they have all been killed.
Sunnis block road to pray every Fridays, no complain, no police or army
harassment, shiites gather twice in a year or engage in peaceful protests, gun fire, bomb targeted at them.

1 Like

Re: Shia Members Have Rights by CoolFreeday(m): 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
neocortex:

While we can ask those staying close to shiitess about their experience, unfortunately , we can't ask
those staying close to Boko haram(a sunni organisation) because they have all been killed.
Sunnis block road to pray every Fridays, no complain, no police or army
harassment, shiites gather twice in a year or engage in peaceful protests, gun fire, bomb targeted at them.

you're saying this because your relative is not a victim. Don't say what you don't know please.

(1) (Reply)

The Position Of The Judicial Service Commission On Arrest Of Judges / Buhari Said Her Wife Should Mind Her Business / We Met Economy In Meltdown But We'll Make Things Better – VP Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.