Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,762 members, 7,882,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:27 AM

Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country (7313 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / 90% Of Boko Haram Are Foreigners,northern Youths Rise Up And Protect Your Land / Youths Rise Up N Fight For Your Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

aisha2 and rosabelle, Il advice you stop responding to him. (or her). It only brings you down to his level.
Its either of two things,

1. Either he has
a bad experience from someone who owned an NGO or

2. He secretly admires you and finds it out to come out straight wink
We ignore him already but he just cant get enough of us. Now i know am hot. when you have a confirmed stalker, then u become a celebrity
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Anyways, so we don't derail the thread, aisha, do you know who is organising the 29th October march?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

aisha2 and rosabelle, Il advice you stop responding to him. (or her). It only brings you down to his level.
Its either of two things,
1. Either he has a bad experience from someone who owned an NGO or
2. He secretly admires you and finds it out to come out straight wink
will do
proudly9ja:

Prove it by not replying to any of her posts for at least 3 days!
  smiley
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

We ignore him already but he just cant get enough of us. Now i know am hot. when you have a confirmed stalker, then u become a celebrity

stalker ?! keep on deluding urself. you UGLY Arrow!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2009
Good people don't go about announcing about how they wrote a 500 naira check to help children pay for their school fees, your intent is ATTENTION which is WHAT YOU LACK.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

Anyways, so we don't derail the thread, aisha, do you know who is organising the 29th October march?
Civil society organizations nationwide, NLC and co.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
You are just as POOR as the people that u' r announcing that u've helped.    kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Finally found a job and now we no go hear word. Your mates are married u're here on NL crying wolf.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

Civil society organizations nationwide, NLC and co.
Ok, cool. Tanx
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

You wan kill me with laugh. They have a ready response for you. With a lot of high sounding words, i assure you

I noticed you did not respond to my repost. Is it that you now see why ANOTHER MATCH makes me wonder if folks like you even understand what we are potentially doing to ourselves here??

I happen to know some folks who work in government offices around the country, that have seen match after match and watched how at the end of the day, the people walk away with next to nothing accomplished and no follow ups. In some cases, some of the matchers are treated like nuisances and even bribed off so they do not show up again. Like I mentioned earlier, Martin Luther King did more work than match for his cause. He did a lot of paper work and a lot of door knocking and meeting up with the so called leaders to get them to pay attention to him.  Another MATCH is welcome IF and only IF we are not going about thinking a Match is what we need yet again.

There was the Ekiti Women's match that essentially went silent after the match. No news on follow-up or nothing. At the end of the day, Oni got back in his seat like nothing ever happened. We had a couple of Matchs last year that did not really move much dust, and we have had so many matches this year as well and not much follow up. The most recent I am tracking is the LIGHTUPNIGERIA match of October 1st. We have yet to hear of follow ups and all. I remember when the thread for the group was created and I kept asking of what would follow but got not much information. Well, it has been 22days and still no news of how it went or what effect that had on the intended. I have my fingers crossed that it would be different from the ones before it anyways. Now There is the dayStart March, I am almost certain that the church will do all it can to do follow up on the cause to ensure the march was not for not.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I noticed you did not respond to my repost. Is it that you now see why ANOTHER MATCH makes me wonder if folks like you even understand what we are potentially doing to ourselves here??

I happen to know some folks who work in government offices around the country, that have seen match after match and watched how at the end of the day, the people walk away with next to nothing accomplished and no follow ups. In some cases, some of the matchers are treated like nuisances and even bribed off so they do not show up again. Like I mentioned earlier, Martin Luther King did more work than match for his cause. He did a lot of paper work and a lot of door knocking and meeting up with the so called leaders to get them to pay attention to him. Another MATCH is welcome IF and only IF we are not going about thinking a Match is what we need yet again.

CSOs have done the paper work, they have with the help of churches and some Mosques collected 15 mlillion signatures ( goal is 20 million) to send to the national assembly for the full implementation of the Uwais report. by the way Have you signed?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

CSOs have done the paper work, they have with the help of churches and some Mosques collected 15 mlillion signatures ( goal is 20 million) to send to the national assembly for the full implementation of the Uwais report. by the way Have you signed?

Any information to back this claim or am I just to take your word for it?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2009
Their campaign for signatures have been on TV for a while, most churches i now including mine asked its members to sign, am sure when they have the mark 20 mil, they will make a formal announcement and a press conference, so for now you may need to have faith in me. Except if you want to keep going on and on.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200904170317.html, http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/may/12/national-12-05-2009-04.htm, http://naijainworldview..com/2009/05/nlc-may-day-speech-2009-economic-crises.html
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2009
Sorry, my faith is not that easy. I will monitor the progress myself so I will NOT end up being fed hooey by yet another group out there ready to pray on the people's need for change. Thanks for the links, I will take the researching from here.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by naijaway(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2009
Nigerians want change but fear change; which is normal on earth but coupled with greed, heightened jealousy, and willingness to oppress; then we have a disaster.

Nigeria's problems are enormous especially because we expect much and rightfully do, and come to find out that we don't even have a solid foundation/ the basics.

Am not going to blab on and on because this are not new but a few examples of our path to success are:
*Creating equality nationally - by not having too many traditional rulers because many of them were traitors to the black race back then. We don't thank their descendants while knowing what happened back then eventho not all were traitors. The best way would be to respect all citizens and only deal with credible elected officals from the peoples choice.

* Our education system needs an urgent overhaul - the idea of turning a blind eye to cheating students of different grades in school is bad for our nation. I mean examiner conductors, inspectors, etc sometimes during jamb, gce, waec, neco exams do give the papers out before the day or call what they think are the answers out during the test or help a client that paid them or rarely simply do their job that they were assigned to do.   Now we have a dull nation of so called graduates with less credibility. even the british do theories alot and moderate praticals but still excel just like the more pratical world and important theories of america.

*Strides to be taken to perform credible elections from LGA to LGA, from state to state, and then nationally.

*Identity should be enforced and national records should be kept. These are also jobs of maintaining records and collecting them just like the ability to create employment are also great in other areas. Identity of people now should start with making people know that where you live is your state because of the # of years you stayed there; any new born baby will be recorded and samples will be taken like blood types and so on. This should also make it easy to organize elections and so on.

*Corruption at all phases should be frowned upon. Nigerians (roughly more than half) don't really like to get down and dirty to accomplish tasks without eyeing an avenue to scheme and start enjoying and oppressing others. So that the similarities between different 419 chaps, armed robbers, bad politicans and so on. Before you talk one, some lame fools will say na big boy na, the guy is doing this and that and watever meanwhile the overall pix is that he got a contract or schemed someway through that road you will drive thru, or the light you need, or the water drainage to avoid flood etc.

*Then the government need to really be able to say our anthem and pledge and wear our national flag and have great visions that will make future generations feel loved and remembered with respect beginning from the parents. It is sad that the honourable achebe and soyinka waste their time on the current generation because many said they went to academic institutions meanwhile they went to cult schools, and what other majors they took but less than 35% of academic understanding and expertise.  But the honorable men know that there's no harm in trying and saying your mind.

I hope for a better nigeria but with the momentum of recklessness and domination of bad over good attitude in the populace, the future is looking blurry and even more than blurry. We need to hold Nigeria and first dig her out of the hole, work on her basics, stir her out of the off road or ditch, then upgrade her on at appropriate times during lapses. That our only way out.
  All those fools coming with we have oil now now, bring investors, no payment before proof etc are all fakes including other kinds of deals that are meant for a few when it could be traded for the legitimacy of the hardworking populace and infrastructure for the future generations.  We have a choice in Nigeria and we have allowed crooks from the communities to those of responsibility to take us in their mad drive. And the worst is that we see it as normal thing. Worship pastors, imams, and fetishness everyday for long hours and forget that God lends his hand to those that are willing to dare to be different for mass good. Because God is good.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rooneyboy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2009
Who will start ? Who one die ?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
is he talking about the youth that has taking to militancy and kidnapping?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nigerd(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
So the Old man wants us to take up Arms kill the old thieves
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by naijaking1: 6:32am On Oct 23, 2009
Niger_d:

So the Old man wants us to take up Arms kill the old thieves

Please show me where he said that, I might have missed it.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by donlass: 6:56am On Oct 23, 2009
I think we are getting it wrong here.first and foremost,Nuhu Ribadu,has right to visit anybody he feels he wants to.Achebe,has seen that with this current leadership in Nigeria,we are heading to the doldrum,and he is saying''wake Nigerian youth,and take your destiny into your hands''.Personally,i see no reason,why people are casting Ribadu the way they are doing it.Tell me,who amongst the people Ribadu dealt with that were not corrupt?I personally,do not care about the tribe that rules this country,but all i sincerely want is a president and leaders that addresses problems in a pragmatic way,and cause development in every nook and cranny of the nation.
What has it got benefit you,if your tribesman rules,and rules badly,wasting another opportunity.Lets try to shun tribalism in this country and unnecessary criticism,less we will be stampeded.Any country that call what is bad, good and what is good,bad,will sure remain stagnated.Lets celebrate people with proven credence,than celebrate the Iboris,Tafa Balolguns,IBBs,Abachas,etc of this world.
Leave Nuhu Ribadu alone,stop the unnecesary castigation,and see the positives in Chinua Achebe's speech.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
Whilst I understand where Mr Posakosa's views I dont agree with attacking or maligning other people's efforts. You can't solve or effect any change in Nigeria if you are emotional (spot on ), but u gat to do something and it is from what you do that you learn lessons and plan your next move.
I'm not a history student but the one thing that I am certain of is that every society that has successfully implemented a change did it through their youths.
There's also a measure of selflessness required which I am personally yet to see in any Nigerian including my humble self.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by nzenze(m): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2009
This is very serious, we just heard Achebe Regnite us to empower and most of us cant even catch the vibe.plz he was addressing the youth not the already failed leaders.STAND UP AND FIGHT 4 9JA.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 24, 2009
How do we rise wen these old brains refuse 2 step down.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2009
bluntpis:

How do we rise wen these old brains refuse 2 step down.
Well if you think theyre going to 'step down' for you to 'rise', then you dont get the concept of 'claiming nigeria back'.
Thats the point. They wont step down, so you have to make them do the right thing whilst theyre in place.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by vislabraye(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2009
If I have my way I will go far beyond taxing the churches. I will hand over churches to states and stop individuals or companies from owning churches. My reason being, so that when people like Aloy-Emeka go and pay their 10% tithe to God, the money will go to that state and will be used indirectly to build central sewage system, refuse recycling plant, construct and maintain roads, maintain security, train local manpower for on going maintenance of state projects etc. And my brother Aloy can then kneel down and pray to God and say! THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERING ALL MY PRAYERS, MY 10% TITHE IS REALLY WORKING.

What has taxing of churches got to do with moving Nigeria 4ward? Do you know the amount of Nigerian money lying outside in foreign bank accounts? When you should be attacking politicians, you're attacking churches. Mind you some of these churhes have done what the states should be doing ie constructing roads, visiting motherless homes etc. How much have these politicians spent on their fellow citizens?

This present generation of politicians are crooks. They should be expunged out of our system like gangrene should be cut off
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by ibrahiem(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2009
we,the youths are not better than those OLD CARGOES.i wish, we would look back one day and regret why we never took any step to salvage the current situation.IT IS NEVER LATE TO TAKE A DECISION NOW.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. / International Women's Day: Enugu Overnor’s Wife Pushes Feminism, Inclusivity / Governor Soludo Gives Assurance Of Peace And Security In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.