Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,790 members, 7,886,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:37 PM

New Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Job (42611 Views)

New Job Vacancies For The Week / New Job Vacancy At The Coca-cola Company LAGOS / New Job Vacancies (entry Level) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Job by Nezan(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2009
Congra-tulobia!
Re: New Job by Biatide1: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2009
Congrats! Your girlfreind has proved she can be there fou you through thick and thin, a true wife material, a combination of inner and I believe outer beauty, a guy should not despise cheesy
Re: New Job by Pyramid001: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2009
My Fellow NLers, im very happy for those of you just securing good jobs and respect those of you that have the guts to resign from one.

I wish i can gather enough guts to do same as im VERY tired of where i work presently. Im working in one of these multinationals where your career path is dependent solely on your manager and unfortunately my current manager/country controller has a candidate for my desk. He is a lebanese guy and he brought in his country man like 6 months ago to come and support me as my colleagues(2 of them) resigned around the same time. Both of these colleagues had the kind of guts im wishing for although one of them got a better job before tendering her resignation. Now ive bn able to employ 3 guys one of which is a senior position and so i don't need the help/support of this 6 months that is now turning to 1 yr help. My manager has said he should remain there and now some of my mgt accesses are bn disabled and given to the guy all in the name of responsibility sharing. All of a sudden he has issues with everything i do; a job ive been doing for 6 yrs without issues(e.g your presentation is not good enough, you are too close to the customer - 'Hello, can someone pls tell him you sometimes need customer relationship to get results'., e.t.c). A lot of things i can't bother u guys with. Ive learnt that it is not always about the pay although it is important. a lot of people will do anything for this job buts its when u get there that u see u need to eat sh*t. He wants me to convert the guy to a permanent staff but wont approve the conversion of my own staffs to permanent.

One thing i've learnt is ur cert and experience only gets u to the door, its ass licking and [i]high service that gets u going. I don't look forward to work as before and thats why i spend more time on NL cheesy grin. the motivation is no more there.

Imagine my controller telling me im too straight forward that u need to be political sometimes if u wanna make it. Left to me i think he sees his new appointment as the controller a GOLDMINE but now sees me as an obstruction(Like the time he wanted to buy a Lexus jeep - 17m for himself which is far above his limit and i did not approve).Its only here i know the expats come and give us bullsh*t and nothing happens. Im widely travelled and ive not seen it in any other country.

I go back to say 'i wish i had the guts to resign' - but man must chop now and continue to be a big boy although suffering in silence.
Re: New Job by mygladness: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2009
Congratulations! I tap into your anointing for similar breakthrough. Though I have not resigned my job yet, but have really been so unhappy with my current job that I wonder why I report to work everyday. It is a terrible thing to have a bad job where there is no structure, promotion is stagnated and no effort is appreciated.
Re: New Job by FBS: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2009
@OP

Congrats!
Re: New Job by Ekwere(m): 10:48am On Oct 22, 2009
Pyramid001:

My Fellow NLers, im very happy for those of you just securing good jobs and respect those of you that have the guts to resign from one.

I wish i can gather enough guts to do same as im VERY tired of where i work presently. Im working in one of these multinationals where your career path is dependent solely on your manager and unfortunately my current manager/country controller has a candidate for my desk. He is a lebanese guy and he brought in his country man like 6 months ago to come and support me as my colleagues(2 of them) resigned around the same time. Both of these colleagues had the kind of guts im wishing for although one of them got a better job before tendering her resignation. Now ive bn able to employ 3 guys one of which is a senior position and so i don't need the help/support of this 6 months that is now turning to 1 yr help. My manager has said he should remain there and now some of my mgt accesses are bn disabled and given to the guy all in the name of responsibility sharing. All of a sudden he has issues with everything i do; a job ive been doing for 6 yrs without issues(e.g your presentation is not good enough, you are too close to the customer - 'Hello, can someone pls tell him you sometimes need customer relationship to get results'., e.t.c). A lot of things i can't bother u guys with. Ive learnt that it is not always about the pay although it is important. a lot of people will do anything for this job buts its when u get there that u see u need to eat sh*t. He wants me to convert the guy to a permanent staff but wont approve the conversion of my own staffs to permanent.

One thing i've learnt is your cert and experience only gets u to the door, its ass licking and [i]high service that gets u going. I don't look forward to work as before and thats why i spend more time on NL cheesy grin. the motivation is no more there.

Imagine my controller telling me im too straight forward that u need to be political sometimes if u wanna make it. Left to me i think he sees his new appointment as the controller a GOLDMINE but now sees me as an obstruction(Like the time he wanted to buy a Lexus jeep - 17m for himself which is far above his limit and i did not approve).Its only here i know the expats come and give us bullsh*t and nothing happens. Im widely travelled and ive not seen it in any other country.

I go back to say 'i wish i had the guts to resign' - but man must chop now and continue to be a big boy although suffering in silence.

@Pyramid, I believed u have some savings that could enable you establish your own business in the terrain that you are familiar with instead of suffering in silence for the sake of still being the big boy. Think of establishing your business and do it right and remember to treat people well when you are up there.

A word is enuf for the wise
Re: New Job by koolchicco: 11:45am On Oct 22, 2009
@Poster

Am inspired by your miraculous testimony.
Re: New Job by chosen04(f): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2009
Congrats Poster.

@Islet:: Feel ur Pain, God will see u thru.

@Stanbiggi:: Wish all ladies can be as supportive as ur babe. Pls learn to treat her like a LADY.
Re: New Job by Pyramid001: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ekwere:

@Pyramid, I believed u have some savings that could enable you establish your own business in the terrain that you are familiar with instead of suffering in silence for the sake of still being the big boy. Think of establishing your business and do it right and remember to treat people well when you are up there.

A word is enuf for the wise

My brother, it is not easy to start up something. Im an investor in different sectors(e.g logistics, site build, agriculture) but at the end of the day the few coins u make from where u work counts a lot. I have staffs i pay on a monthly basis but its not like i get jobs that easy. it is from this salary i pay my staffs sometimes when bizness aint booming so u see y i nid a job. I dont want to be an employer that owes his staffs. Also, sometimes it seems like more and more people are starting off what u r into thereby making getting contracts more of people u know that want the service than the quality of service been provided. Atimes it seems like if im out there 24/7 i will get more jobs but how sure is this. Whichever way, i plan to resign and face my bizness squarely early next year and i pray i excel in it. Thx for the advise though.
Re: New Job by Ekwere(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2009
Pyramid001:

My brother, it is not easy to start up something. Im an investor in different sectors(e.g logistics, site build, agriculture) but at the end of the day the few coins u make from where u work counts a lot. I have staffs i pay on a monthly basis but its not like i get jobs that easy. it is from this salary i pay my staffs sometimes when bizness aint booming so u see y i nid a job. I dont want to be an employer that owes his staffs. Also, sometimes it seems like more and more people are starting off what u r into thereby making getting contracts more of people u know that want the service than the quality of service been provided. Atimes it seems like if im out there 24/7 i will get more jobs but how sure is this. Whichever way, i plan to resign and face my bizness squarely early next year and i pray i excel in it. Thx for the advise though.

That is correct but do also talk to ur members of staff that you use ur hard earned money to pay their salary whereas they are not bringing anything in to warrant them collect their salary though it is not easy. I would implore you to pray for God's guidance before any decision is made. Wishing you well, you are welcome and Amen to that
Re: New Job by longfem: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2009
Thats ridiculous. sometimes desperation can make someone reduce his self worth. And the most annoying thing is that some of these organizations have the effontry to ask for a GRADUATE. thats a job 4 a school cert.

You are absolutely correct, most of these employers are opportunist who are harping on lack of employment in the country to milk their prospective employee dry. Imagine a university graduate earning N10,000 per month yet much is expected of them so much more than those earning ten times their salaries elsewhere. God help us
Re: New Job by Gloria2: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2009
Happy for you hope mine will be soon too.
Re: New Job by justright1: 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2009
Congrat on your new job. I will also advice you take a good look at yourself and make necessary adjustment, so you don't have another supervisor who "hate" you.
Re: New Job by cheexy: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2009
@all
I recently decided to go job hunting after i realised that my business was no more supporting me the way i wanted it to. I then got chatting with an acquaintance of mine to see if there were any vacancies at his place of work. There were vacancies all right but the salary was 10,000 to 15,000 per month for a graduate. I was shocked to my core. Sitting at home without even stepping out to actively source new clients, i could make 3 times that just from my site designs. I found it really painful the extent these so called companies exploit their staff.

A friend of mine pays his SSCE staff 40,000 naira per month and this company pays its graduates 10,000-15,000 naira. Do they even consider how the staff transport themselves?

It is really sad.
Re: New Job by ideas78: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
FAITH like mustard seed in big enough Glory to God Almighty,
Re: New Job by whiteroses(f): 12:06am On Oct 23, 2009
thank God for you. i'vealso got a new job yay!
Re: New Job by islet(f): 6:12am On Oct 23, 2009
its not going to be easy to forgive these people. for pete's sake the only thing they lost was the complimentary cards they gave to us. we spent 4 days for their training in lagos and didnt even give us water to drink! no accommodation,transportation, nothing. they cost me my job,my energy and my savings! next thing they'll do is to start recruiting unsuspecting graduates. and i should forgive them. how can i stop this anger inside me? how?
Re: New Job by ashany: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2009
hi friend i'm really inspired by your story, i am also desperately looking for a job in kaduna, despite all my records of excellent results its going to 3years now.i don't want to say i've lost hope but god dey, congrats
Re: New Job by tourmaline(f): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2009
O give thanks to God for HE is good , for HIS mercies endureth forever
Re: New Job by atikubaba(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2009
congrat
Re: New Job by weyo: 11:02am On Oct 23, 2009
Hey guys, there are some cool vacancies available check www.thisdayclassified.com and check
jobline
Re: New Job by Maryando: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2009
Our clients are major players in the Media, Telecommunications, Energy and Real Estate sectors and we require competent individuals for the following positions:

1. Admin & HR Manager

2. Site Acquisition Supervisor

3. Media Sales Manager

4. Media Sales Executives

Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience and must be able to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel packages comfortably.

0703 – 075 0043
01 – 73 88 910

Or email CV with covering letter to: careers@smateandsmate.com
Re: New Job by lysim: 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2009
Thank God 4 u my brother. I hope 2 get one someday.
Re: New Job by lysim: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our clients are major players in the Media, Telecommunications, Energy and Real Estate sectors and we require competent individuals for the following positions:

1. Admin & HR Manager

2. Site Acquisition Supervisor

3. Media Sales Manager

4. Media Sales Executives

Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience and must be able to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel packages comfortably.

0703 – 075 0043
01 – 73 88 910

Or email CV with covering letter to: careers@smateandsmate.com[quote][/quote]

Pls,where are the jobs located?
Re: New Job by Slyme85(m): 5:55am On Oct 24, 2009
congrat bro pls ensure u komit ur activities unto da mighty God!!!!!!!!!!

Re: New Job by rbest: 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2009
bravooooooooo
Re: New Job by jace: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2009
cast your burden upon him for he cares, i heard skye bank plc port harcourt branches are collecting cv for ond holders.age 25years, good luck
Re: New Job by sleemgal(f): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2009
loosing a job is apparently not easy
considerin d recent bank saga, i happen to knwo so many bankkers who have been laid off
but i feel its a trial of faith especial if u r a christaian and steadfast in your work with christ
if you r in dat situation
just look up to God the author and finisher of your faith, for direction on d next step
to me loosing a job is good ridance to bad rubbish cuz u never knw hw bad wot u had was until u get some thing better
its a step to elevation in ur career ladder
so in the tranisition period just stay faithful to God n dnt loose hope
he wud surely surprise u n use ur life as a testimony
same goes to job seekere
cheers all
Re: New Job by Topegold: 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2009
whatever you're goin thru, scriptures says we have a High Priest who cannot but be touched,
call on Him then wait, this is where most of us miss out. we wont wait. before u know he'll come to your aid!
I'll pray with you Father in Jesus name I commit every one that has lost his or her job for a divine job provision in Jesus name.AMEN

God is your muscle
Re: New Job by oyinlaifa(m): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
Congratulations but all the thanks goes to God almighty for making it possible for you. Like they say when one door closes another opens. so my friend you should always pray to God everrydasy not only when you have problems.
once again Congrats cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? / My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.