Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:15 AM

Soda: The Sweet Poison That’s Going To Kill You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Soda: The Sweet Poison That’s Going To Kill You (421 Views)

8 Diseases A Prostitute Can Give You The Last Can Kill You In Days / This Horrific Instant Skin Bleaching Method Could Kill You (Photos) / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soda: The Sweet Poison That’s Going To Kill You by TheNGmag(m): 9:35am On Oct 14, 2016
Did you know the recommended sugar intake in a day is 70g for men and 50g for women yet a normal bottle of coke yes I am talking about that plastic bottle one you buy for N150 contains 65g of sugar, that is 17 and a half cubes of sugar.

I understand why people love Sodas; they are everywhere, convenient, tasty, cheap, and that caffeine addiction hits you from nowhere all you coke addicts. Soda companies also pump billions into advertisement and promotions but trust me Shakira did not get that flat tummy from drinking one Pepsi a day.
For every reason you love to drink Soda, I can give you three reasons why you should stay away from them.

Firstly, Soda is useless

Containing no nutritional value whatsoever, it is made of filtered water and refined sugar. This is almost as good as drinking a bottle of water and popping sugar cubes into your mouth.

Weight Gain and Obesity

The link between soft drinks and weight gain has been scientifically proven. One of the first guidelines my gym instructor gave me was never drink your calories, rather eat them. A can of sprite contains 140 calories in comparison with a roasted chicken leg that has 45 calories, or even a banana, which contains 89 calories and costs a lot less.
Drinking one can of cola a day for four weeks is equivalent to ingesting 3,920 extra calories, or a gain of 1.1 pounds if the calories are not burned. A 160-pound person must walk for 27 minutes at 3.5 miles per hour to burn off the calories in one can of cola, according to the calorie-expenditure analysis provided by the MayoClinic.com. Now do you really want to be that person?

Diabetes

Linked to number #2. Consumption of sugar on such a high level increases your risks of developing non-insulin dependent diabetes, or type 2 diabetes. Keep in mind artificially sweetened beverages are not healthy alternatives to sugar sweetened drinks for the prevention of diabetes. Best to just grab a bottle of water with your lunch.

continue reading here http://thengmag.com/Blog/2016/10/soda-the-sweet-poison-thats-going-to-kill-you

(1) (Reply)

Wellness Tip: Farting Is Good For The Body / I’m A Doctor. If I Drop Food On The Kitchen Floor, I Still Eat It / The Foundation Of Aging Younger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.