Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,760 members, 7,969,234 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:00 PM

7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget (36722 Views)

The Brutal Form Of Punishments In The Ancient World / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos) / 7 Types Of Classmates We Had In Primary School (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by notoriousbabe: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Op thank you very moch for this thread. I have sin the ponishments that I will be using to ponish all those stoborn boys in my school.
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by rawpadgin(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
n
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Nice memories
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by excellent2013(m): 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by buffalowings: 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
7. Frog Jump
Imagine squatting up and down while walking to and fro a particular distance. In all of this, your hands are drawing your ear so bad. Who invented these things?

Na this one I hate pass
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by ayeeshaapink: 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
This was my most engaged punishment. Lol grin grin
adewumiopeyemi:

2. Standing on the chair and raising one leg
You think this is beans until you’re up there for an hour
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by lovingyouhun: 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
Still in standing position you are asked to bend your knee just a little bit, this reduces your height and then you are asked to stretch your hands forward but must be straight such that your hands are in the air. Try it, I GIVE YOU ONLY 5 MINUTES hahahahahahaha
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by lovingyouhun: 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
Still in standing position you are asked to bend your knee just a little bit, this reduces your height and then you are asked to stretch your hands forward but must be straight such that your hand is just in the air. Try it, I GIVE YOU ONLY 5 MINUTES hahahahahahahahaha
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by kayodescrib(m): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Should I call it good old days? Lol
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by buffalowings: 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
1. Caning
Caning is traditional and we all know the teachers who had some magic with the cane. The ones who couldn’t flog students always sent them to that one teacher.

My principal of blessed memory did this when I was the class captain

I didn't write the name of the noisemakers grin
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by dopedealer(m): 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
That stooling down and my popsy were like this when was young. Any small thing that time go and stool down there. At least 40mins. ..

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by hardbody: 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
OK, so what happens if I refuse to do any of those barbaric things? In my school in Israel, we did not have these types of punishment. You are only asked to climb mount Carmel until you heard the Lords voice asking you to remove your sandals because you are standing on holy ground. You can only come down when you hear that voice.
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by davbravo(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
iykekelvins:
Sitting under the sun. Our VP then..

Cc: Davbravo grin
lol....The man enn...i remember the 1st day he punished me , without a genuine reason
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by hardbody: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
lovingyouhun:
Still in standing position you are asked to bend your knee just a little bit, this reduces your height and then you are asked to stretch your hands forward but must be straight such that your hand is just in the air. Try it, I GIVE YOU ONLY 5 MINUTES hahahahahahahahaha
b

This is a regular pitch training before playing football
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by uhiochris1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
1* sleep under the sun 2* walk down the stairs on your knee 3* cut grass till break period 4* wash the toilet or fetch water 5* push car on the board 6* head the ball (hitting your head on the wall)
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by olatex25(m): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2016
Am a gentle guy 2 d call.. Fear of being Cane was d architech of my gud manner..
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
**paint the wall*or a Senior will send you to her hostel*you go go message tire*boarding house was fun those days

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by omnisali: 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
Damilare5882:
i did all.....including
1. squatting on your toes
2.leaning against the wall while taking a sitting position.. (angle 90)
3.carry of desk or chair
4.squatting under the table
6.sucking of the thumb where by you put your hand through your thigh
7.taking a pressup position for hours
8.taking a cyclist position
9.being beaten at midnight whereby theres no where to run to and no neighbor to plead for my release......and the list goes on and on

took most of these punishments under my mom cos shes a teacher..a very tough one.. she ships cane into the house like gadgets..well to be candid, i was a little bit stubborn too ..even though i am the only boy out of 2, she still drills me like mad , she never for once pampered me .at first i thought she hated me so much but i never knew she was doing me a favor ... but thanks to her..she shaped my life...I LOVE MY MOM........we are so close now

hahahahaha!!

that NO 9

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by daveP(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
There are a lot more really but these ones stand out any day, anytime. Which other ones do you recall? Here’re a lot more standard punishments in a school. cry cry cry cry cry cry punishent na bad tin oolol grin grin grin
Why would you leave out riding Okada punishment?

The pics though grin
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by agrovick(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
¹) Crawling on sand ²) Lying face down on the ground ³) Standing on the table on one leg and then getting whipped.
I was a handful in Secondary School grin
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
Men! I can still remember those days at James Welch.
Na which punishment we nor do.
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by vislabraye(m): 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
Angle 90...
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2016
angry
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by isan(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
:PI did it all
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by mriyesecnerwal(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
I just too chop number 3 ehn...after you finish, your life, destiny, career won't remain the same again
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Mujtahida: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
charix:
Cutting grass.
Truth told these punishments are dished out by frustrated teachers who never achieved anything in life and knew very well they were heading nowhere. I hear things have changed nowadays for the better.
I found out recently a teacher who had knack for always making me kneel down from beginning of school till the end of classes back in the day was frustrated in her marriage. Her husband was a serial cheater and the only way to relieve stress was take it out on her students. The confirmation was given to me from a reliable source.
You must be a very vindictive person. Even the passage of time has not blunted the edge of your bitterness. While many remember their teachers including the tough and 'wicked' ones with fond memories you announce with glee and fiendish delight the pain in your teacher's life. You got no joy!
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by shumuel(m): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
Kikiki Lol grin Stand up and raise your hands, Chai!
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mujtahida:

You must be a very vindictive person. Even the passage of time has not blunted the edge of your bitterness. While many remember their teachers including the tough and 'wicked' ones with fond memories you announce with glee and fiendish delight the pain in your teacher's life. You got no joy!
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
picking pin is the best punishment for stubborn child
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Greenbullet(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
Edwardhead:
only ajepako can relate...

lalasticlala, is this how they normally punished you when you were a kid? grin grin
your ban na till 4040
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Savvy2(f): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
I did all and much more... grin grin
When a senior student just calls out the entire JSS 3/2 students and starts playing "change your style" on a Saturday just know your own have finish. Or lay flat on your back, under the sun, raise your left leg and your right hand.

Then one of my maths teacher always sent noisy and stubborn students to kneel on granite, under the sun in the middle of the academic/administrative block... what a disgraceful and painful experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / Breaking News -->>> ASUU-lasu Pull Out Of General Strike / The Origin Of The Word Oyibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.