Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

5 Good Things That Comes With Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Good Things That Comes With Recession (376 Views)

How Nigeria Can Learn To Deal With Recession Like America / 10 Things That Annoyed Buhari In 2016 / 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Good Things That Comes With Recession by BuzzAss(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
The title of this post sounds counter-intuitive, that’s what you thought, and I agree totally. However, if you can take a minute to follow through, you will probably agree with me that the current recession in Nigeria has got some silver lining with it, even though many have not seen it yet; and many will not see it.

Just like it was said of Jesus in the Bible “No good thing comes out of Nazareth”, and that was until Jesus. Same applies to recession. Many of us have not been able to see any good thing about the recession we are going through in this country. I however believe that by the time you are done with reading this, you will see those good things, with the hope that they will help change your perspective to things, to the opportunities that surround recession.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
― Winston S. Churchill
The media is currently filled with bad news. Everyone is talking about how the price of a bag of rice has skyrocketed and how many have lost their jobs. We turn on our TVs for Network News at 10PM and all we hear is how things have gotten worse for the economy. The government is considering selling assets, many businesses have shut down or fled the country to neighboring countries to stay afloat, husbands are beating their wives as response to the request for more money to provide food in the home, kidnappings on the rise, and the list goes. If this is all you listen to, you will hardly see the silver lining in the cloud of recession.

For those who will not mind to shift their focus from what is, just for a while, I am sure it won’t be hard for you to see these good things that come with recession.

Recession births creativity
Do you want to see creativity at its peak? Wait till people are in crisis, like recession. It’s simple. If you are faced with extinction, your brains kick in and start working better. Your thoughts are now directed to how to stay alive. You start looking for opportunities and learn to let go of things that don’t add value. A good example is my wife, she started making bread at home and we stopped buying bread. She also stopped buying pure water and started boiling water for us to drink. That’s creativity. If everything was going fine, she wouldn’t have thought of that.

Read the rest of this at BuzzAss http://buzzass.com/2016/10/14/5-good-things-that-come-with-recession/
Re: 5 Good Things That Comes With Recession by HQuadreal: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
All is well.
Re: 5 Good Things That Comes With Recession by ezechueze(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
OK

(1) (Reply)

Shiek Magu Call For The Arrest Of Aisha Buhari / Boko Haram Am The 21 Chibok Girls / PDP Tasks Buhari On Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.