Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,795 members, 7,918,555 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:48 AM

Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement (2634 Views)

Buhari And Angela Merkel Pictured In Abidjan / Buhari And Merkel Laughing Off Aisha’s BBC Interview (Photos) / Senate Thug Dino Melaye Embarrasses VP Osinbajo (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by biaframustcome: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-37658760

Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari: My wife Aisha belongs to my kitchen
25 minutes ago
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has responded to criticism of his leadership by his wife Aisha Buhari by saying that she "belongs to my kitchen".

Visit BBC website link above to listen to watch video

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by optional1(f): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
Not again.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by Mujaheeeden: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
Is the woman place solely in the kitchen?

Imagine the egg head that calls himself our President

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by Tocheagle(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Of course , he meant it as a joke

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by biaframustcome: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
In a BBC interview, Aisha Buhari suggested his government had been hijacked by only a "few people", who were behind presidential appointments.
She said the president did not know most of the officials he had appointed.
Mr Buhari, who is on a visit to Germany, has responded by saying his wife belonged in his kitchen.
Standing alongside German Chancellor Angela Merkel at a news conference, the president laughed off his wife's accusations.
"I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room," he said.
Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Media captionMuhammadu Buhari: My wife Aisha belongs to my kitchen
The remarks earned him a glare from Chancellor Merkel.
Mr Buhari said that having run for president three times and having succeeded the fourth, he could "claim superior knowledge over her

See link below for full article
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-37642282

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by biaframustcome: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
OAM4J, Mynd44

Is this not front page material? please do the needful

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by BuariCopyPaste: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Merkel must be laughing at Buhari's stupidity lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by optional1(f): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
biaframustcome:
OAM4J, Mynd44

Is this not front page material? please do the needful

U don see as lala sticlala use power chance u bah...

They go soon lock Ur thread.....

And na that same 'it' go lock ur thread...
Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by ColdHeatt: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
I'm not out to exonerate the President, but that statement of his is a satirical way of making light his indictment. I think it successfully belied his personal frustrations in the heat of the moment.

Or should he have said "I'm sorry and I thank you Aisha; my eyes are now fully opened"?
No, surely.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by youngdoctor(m): 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

I guess you don't know the meaning of egghead
check your dictionary for enlightenment
Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by metallisc(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

are you really sure you know the meaning of the tag 'egg-head'?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by Fyno: 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
How can a civilized people vote this biggot as president.

I do not like insulting people but Buhari is a biggot.

And the Afonjas that played a big role in this bigotry are the worst species of bigotry

The almajiris are born bigots

Afonjas are bigots by inheritance, the worst bigotry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by acenazt: 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
Fyno:
How can a civilized people vote this biggot as president.

I do not like insulting people but Buhari is a biggot.

And the Afonjas that played a big role in this bigotry are the worst species of bigotry

The almajiris are born bigots

Afonjas are bigots by inheritance, the worst bigotry
the Beerfrauds r criminals
Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by acenazt: 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
youngdoctor:

I guess you don't know the meaning of egghead
check your dictionary for enlightenment
lol free the guy he Is practicing his words and opposite. Egg head/mumu
Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by onatisi(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
optional1:
Not again.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by abumeinben(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
Traditional Buhari....this is not the old era of kitchen wives...wives now run the house...and stop leading us in thr old era.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Embarrasses Nigeria In Germany. Merkel Watches on In Amazement by Nbote(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
Whether joke or not he simply indicated how inconsequential his wife's opinion on his govt and d nation's pressing issues are. His wife is wailing on code and his only response is to question wave it off cos even her opinion jus like d rest of d masses doesn't mata. And some morons will still com in here to defend his continuous ineptitude. I guess his wife is also a "wailer" or beta still 5%. We neva see anything yet. By d time we enta d "DOLE" part of the "CHANJI", even zombies go get sense then.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Drone Spotted A Boat With 5 Armed People Heading To IDO (pics) / Biafra-trump Rally: We Are Inviting You To Join Us – IPOB Sends Powerful Letter / Yahaya Bello's Chief Of Staff In Trouble As Dino Melaye Opens His GTB Fraud Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.