Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,477 members, 7,951,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:04 AM

Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread (2670 Views)

Career As Physiotherapist / Who Is A Physiotherapist? / Doctors, Pharmacist, Physiotherapist And Orthopaedic Nurses Please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by golden777: 6:50am On Dec 18, 2016
FindAPhysio:
for Erb's palsy, no equipment is needed as such, just the sound clinical skills and experience of a paediatric physiotherapist. Can you tell me specifically what the current physiotherapist is doing for your child? Just explain it in your own terms and I will understand. Sorry I'm replying this late, had my hands full.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by golden777: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2016
Thanks for the response. The physiotherapist uses a stimulator on him for about 30 mins and carries out a range of exercise on him which he showed us how to do so we continue with the exercises at home, after that he massages the affected hand with vaseline. We attend theraphy session twice a week.
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2017
golden777:
Thanks for the response. The physiotherapist uses a stimulator on him for about 30 mins and carries out a range of exercise on him which he showed us how to do so we continue with the exercises at home, after that he massages the affected hand with vaseline. We attend theraphy session twice a week.
Am sorry, my phone was stolen, just settled with a new phone. First and foremost, a splint called aeroplane splint should be used depending on the severity of Erb's palsy. Can you grade the level of improvement of your baby so far since commencement of physiotherapy? Usually, in this condition, certain muscle groups become weak and that the essence of the stimulation. I'm sure your physiotherapist is stimulating those weak muscles, positioning of your baby is also quite important to promote good outcomes. What concerns in his treatment or improvement level do you have?
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by golden777: 12:40am On Jan 07, 2017
Thanks, we have the splint which we used religiously in the first 3 mths and it really helped him in lifting his hand. Sincerely I have not used it much in the past one month. While in sitting position he can lift it at almost 90 degrees i.e shoulder level but yet to bring his hand to his mouth. His fingers are yet to move too. I just feel it is taking too long or am I too worried. He will be 5 months by the middle of this month. I will grade his improvement about 60%. Pls what do you mean by positioning the baby?
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by FindAPhysio: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
golden777:
Thanks, we have the splint which we used religiously in the first 3 mths and it really helped him in lifting his hand. Sincerely I have not used it much in the past one month. While in sitting position he can lift it at almost 90 degrees i.e shoulder level but yet to bring his hand to his mouth. His fingers are yet to move too. I just feel it is taking too long or am I too worried. He will be 5 months by the middle of this month. I will grade his improvement about 60%. Pls what do you mean by positioning the baby?
That's a really good improvement and he's still at the right age to get optimal outcomes compared with if he was older, say 1 or 2 years

as per the positioning, the way you carry him matters a lot. when carrying him, his hand should wrap round your back not in front of you close to his body, this is to promote what we call shoulder abduction, which is a problem to be corrected in this condition

secondly, when he sleeps, put a pillow between his hand and his body with him lying face up or sideways. ensure that his palms are always facing up

you could also suggest to your physiotherapist to stimulate the hand muscles that are not moving. tell the physiotherapist the wrist flexes and extended, as well as, the fingers flexors and extended in conjunction with what is being done already

lastly, you as the mother, take hold of your baby's hands and begin to pick up his skin, just like you are picking beans from a plate but be gentle, it will also help awaken those muscles faster.

with these, by God's grace, you will achieve the goals you've set to achieve for your child's healing process
Re: Physiotherapist Online, Free Consultation Thread by somudo: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hello sir, don't know if this thread is still active to respond to me,first of all I went to an orthopedic when I was having waist pain when I bend and feet pain when standing and walking,was told to go for xray,I went and was told it's muscle spasm,the doctor just gives me drugs which last for like a week,and told me to be maintaining a certain sitting position for the pain not to come back after I finish taking the drug,but after one week of taking the drug it will return and if I call the doctor he will tell me to come to meet him in his hospital,I willl go and still same drug will be given to me,he also talked of traction and I was ready to do it,but he said it's older people he prefer admitting and putting it on,that I am still young for that,that the sitting position can correct it if I maintain it,so I just gave up and stopped going to see him,and managing the pain with one lumber massager device I bought for myself personally,so this year I just decided to try physiotherapy,and he said the xray test I did wasn't muscle spasm but scatica,that my L4 and L5 bone is joined together and it's older people that do suffer from it or people doing hard work...so he told me that it's only for one month he use to manage that kind of case,he will be stimulating my nerve everyday,and give me drug that will last for two month and corset that run from my neck to waist,then when I started it's just few exercises he also tell me to do,he said it's the drug that will treat the bone case,I was like hope I am going to be fine for that one month he gave me and he said by the time I start it I will feel it and go for test after that two month,but till now I am still feeling pains atimes it will be like it stopped and later come back, this is the 16th section I am doing now and I haven't gotten that improvement as I thought with the way he said it, please any advice on the best thing to do, please I will need your number to talk to you personally

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 21 2021 In Nigeria / Treatment And Permanent Cure For Dandruff / Shocking Discovery!!! First Man To Gives Birth!! You Will Be Surprised ( Watch )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.