Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. (33493 Views)

‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ / How NYSC Camp Changed My View Of The Northerners - Akeredolu Odunayo / Tell Us How NYSC Travel And Inside Your Various Camp Is Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
asha80:
how was the danish cartoon riots the fault of the people from other parts of the country?

Don't be silly, since when is it acceptable to take one or few of incidences relating to the actions of a minority to categorise the majority of a people.
The OP is correct: most of the stories you hear or read in the media are often exaggerated; the southern dominated media is known for its sensationalism as well as reporting stories from an unbalanced under researched/investigated perspective - often due sheer laziness and biased stereotyping.
Therefore, its not too difficult to understand why most southerners have a warped view of northerners, given the manner in which they are being misinformed - sometimes deliberately for political reasons, in order to stoke animosity between the north and south divide or to cause disaffection between the the Christian and Muslim north - so as to break up the northern voting pattern during elections.

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by asha80(m): 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
wiseoneking:
It pained you again? NO APOLOGY.
never expected one..not sure what you mean by again..still is nonsense .
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by asha80(m): 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Don't be silly, since when is it acceptable to take one or few of incidences relating to the actions of a minority to categorise the majority of a people.
The OP is correct: most of the stories you hear or read in the media are often exaggerated; the southern dominated media is known for its sensationalism as well as reporting stories from an unbalanced under researched/investigated perspective - often due sheer laziness and biased stereotyping.
Therefore, its not too difficult to understand why most southerners have a warped view of northerners, given the manner in which they are misinformed - sometimes deliberately for political reasons, in order to stoke animosity between the north and south divide or to cause disaffection between the the Christian and Muslim north - so as to break up the northern voting pattern during elections.
you lack brains if you break this down to election voting pattern

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
asha80:
you lack brains if you break this down to election voting pattern

You must either be intellectually lazy or deficient for completely missing the general message of my post and picking on only one among the multiple reasons given as cause for the apparent misconception of northerners by southerners - such narrow minded mentality as exhibited by you can only but give more credence to my earlier assertion.
You clearly need to revise your comprehension before becoming a source of further more embarrassment to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by asha80(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

You must either be intellectually lazy or deficient for completely missing the general message of my post and picking on only one among the multiple reasons given as cause for the apparent misconception of northerners by southerners - such narrow minded mentally as exhibited by you can only but give more credence to my earlier assertion.
You clearly need to revise your comprehension before becoming a source of further more embarrassment to yourself.
please spare me your story..i simply countered where you say the southerners in the north are usually the ones that bring those carnage northerners unleash on them..i gave the danish cartoon one you said why should I use only one..fine..what about 1953 Kano riot? Was is the southerners in Kano that caused that one too? What about sharia Kaduna riot in 2001?look don't allow me go memory lane those victims of those senseless riots have relations.

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mondee02(m): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
RIZLER:
Oga you try ooo undecided God forbid make I serve for that boko haram republic
I trust you better serve for militants and kidnappers republic abi?
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
mikolo80:
when you know blasphemy is a ''crime '' in the North why do you commit it and expect to go rant free.
When in Rome......
so the woman that was preaching early morning and the carpenter that ate during Ramadan as committed a crime.
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
asha80:
please spare me your story..i simply countered where you say the southerners in the north are usually the ones that bring those carnage northerners unleash on them..i gave the danish cartoon one you said why should I use only one..fine..what about 1953 Kano riot? Was is the southerners in Kano that caused that one too? What about sharia Kaduna riot in 2001?look don't allow me go memory lane those victims of those senseless riots have relations.

Apparently, you are not only intellectually lazy but also dishonest as well.

You are clearly lying to be claiming to be still responding to my penultimate post (which you already had); when in fact it can be seen you were evidently responding to the latter, in which I gave reasons behind the deliberate misinformation about northerners, among them the motivation to influence the northern voting pattern.
Your words, not mine:
how was the danish cartoon riots the fault of the people from other parts of the country?
What a bloody liar.

Yes go ahead with your threat and quote all the northern riots you can recall; such relatively few incidences would still and cannot not change the reality on the ground i.e. that northerners (as also adduced by the OP) are being misrepresented - much in the same manner you are also desperately trying to do, by taking the same paint brush to paint the majority based on a few bad minority examples amongst them.

By the same token, the same can be said for your ppl: one can equally cite all the communal clashes within the SE region and paint the Igbos as hostile against themselves; or cite the OSU cast system and say all Igbos are discriminatory even against themselves; similarly, the treatment of widows etc.

Once again: stop exposing your silly bigotry and dishonesty - it is quite shameful.
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by asha80(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Apparently, you are not only intellectually lazy but also dishonest as well.

You are clearly lying to be claiming to be still responding to my penultimate post (which you already had); when in fact it can be seen you were evidently responding to the latter, in which I gave reasons behind the deliberate misinformation about northerners, among them the motivation to influence the northern voting pattern.
Your words, not mine:
What a bloody liar.

Yes go ahead with your threat and quote all the northern riots you can recall; such relatively few incidences would still and cannot not change the reality on the ground i.e. that northerners (as also adduced by the OP) are being misrepresented - much in the same manner you are also desperately trying to do, by taking the same paint brush to paint the majority based on a few bad minority examples amongst them.

By the same token, the same can be said for your ppl: one can equally cite all the communal clashes within the SE region and paint the Igbos as hostile against themselves; or cite the OSU cast system and say all Igbos are discriminatory even against themselves; similarly, the treatment of widows etc.

Once again: stop exposing your silly bigotry and dishonesty - it is quite shameful.
what is more shameful and idiotic is when you initially said southerners living in the north are the ones that usually incite the violence meted against them with their behaviour which is clearly a mischievous statement..i am not even against what the op has narrated..it is that thinking in your post I first referred to that I am countering

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
asha80:
what is more shameful and idiotic is when you initially said southerners living in the north are the ones that usually incite the violence meted against them with their behaviour which is clearly a mischievous statement..i am not even against what the op has narrated..it is that thinking in your post I first referred to that I am countering

You are apparently even more foolish than I initially thought you were.
How can anyone, if not a pathetic slowpoke, translate the following statement to mean that southerners are usually the ones inciting the violence against them.

As the OP mentioned, the operative key word for southerners wishing to visit or stay especially in the Muslim north is RESPECT: respect for the religion and culture - sadly, there are some ppl known for their propensity to insult, disrespect as well as provoke who unfortunately may have been the cause of their own grief.

The key words and the most important difference between my statement and your stupid interpretation are SOME (mine) against USUALLY (yours) - a typical example of an educated illiterate without grasp of simple basic English comprehension.

The more you post the more you continue to expose your seemingly cretinous poor intelligence and dishonesty; which also continues to lend credence as why you and your ilk are a major problem to the unfortunate stereotyping of northerners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by asha80(m): 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

You are apparently even more foolish than I initially thought you were.
How can anyone, if not a pathetic slowpoke, translate the following statement to mean that southerners are usually the ones inciting the violence against them.

As the OP mentioned, the operative key word for southerners wishing to visit or stay especially in the Muslim north is RESPECT: respect for the religion and culture - sadly, there are some ppl known for their propensity to insult, disrespect as well as provoke who unfortunately may have been the cause of their own grief.

The key words and the most important difference between my statement and your stupid interpretation are SOME (mine) against USUALLY (yours) - a typical example of an educated illiterate without grasp of simple basic English comprehension.

The more you post the more you continue to expose your seemingly cretinous poor intelligence and dishonesty; which also continues to lend credence as why you and your ilk are a major problem to the unfortunate stereotyping of northerners.
stereotyping of northerners is their own doing..a long list of senseless and mindless killings all over the years speaks for itself and unfortunately will still continue ( shias attacks these past few days is a testament).sorry not my fault

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
asha80:
stereotyping of northerners is their own doing..a long list of senseless and mindless killings all over the years speaks for itself and unfortunately will still continue ( shias attacks these past few days is a testament).sorry not my fault

As usual, still exposing your stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mikolo80: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
WinningSun:

so the woman that was preaching early morning and the carpenter that ate during Ramadan as committed a crime.
when handshake pass elbow na wrestling be be dat

Why must you poke the bear

If somebody doesn't like your religion or you don't like there's why agitate them

Like our mumu neighbours using loudspeaker to disturb in my two neighbourhoods disturbing sleep and in school also

Would Christians like it if prostitutes started selling market in church premises
Won't fight happen, tell the truth

So why disturb other ppl peace
Is that how to evangelise
Is it by force
Can't you dust your sandals the way Jesus instructed
Why disturbing with loudspeaker
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Pylony(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2016
When you sight some one hating over any region of this country and its people, just dig deeper you'll see that he or she has a hidden venomous agenda only striking from afar with out a good knowledge of the people, their cultures or religion. Taking a final judgment from rumours which our local Journalist are very good at, sitting in their offices, busy lying about events hundreds of kilometers away. I've live in the north all my life and most confess the Hausa man is frndly and will sympathise with you in your time of sorrow with out considering your tribe or religiouss affiliation. And many will agree with me, in the north when buying a land to build on, it is easyer as well.

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Pylony(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2016
mikolo80:
when handshake pass elbow na wrestling be be dat

Why must you poke the bear

If somebody doesn't like your religion or you don't like there's why agitate them

Like our mumu neighbours using loudspeaker to disturb in my two neighbourhoods disturbing sleep and in school also

Would Christians like it if prostitutes started selling market in church premises
Won't fight happen, tell the truth

So why disturb other ppl peace
Is that how to evangelise
Is it by force
Can't you dust your sandals the way Jesus instructed
Why disturbing with loudspeaker
If you so hate loudspeakers use in Preaching, should it not be that you as well will be in support of all loudspeakers erected on mosque buildings to be brought down so no one muslim will lost his life for public disturbance? What is good for the goose is good for the gandar as well with no bias.
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by JI4D(m): 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
Get a job after attending the Competency/Employability Skills Training in Abuja

Thursday, 27th October, 2016 & Friday, 28th October, 2016 in FCT Abuja

Joint Initiative for Development's Internship Connect programme empowers young graduates from tertiary institutions with Employability skills needed in the 21st century workplace. After the training, we connect you with Employers to intern for a period of between 3-6months, giving you opportunity to work your way into full-time engagement. Our training focus on Life skills which are skills needed to effectively meet the challenges of everyday life and the 21st century workplace.

Our trainings are FREE but interested participants must send CVs and a Passport photograph to internshipconnect@jidglobal.org. Venue and other details will be communicated subsequently. Deadline for submission is 25th of October, 2016. CVs received after deadline date will be scheduled for our next training. Please note that our Internships are paid.

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mikolo80: 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pylony:
If you so hate loudspeakers use in Preaching, should it not be that you as well will be in support of all loudspeakers erected on mosque buildings to be brought down so no one muslim will lost his life for public disturbance? What is good for the goose is good for the gandar as well with no bias.
they are all nuisances. But even mosques don't blast music for 3 hours.
Secondly, you know they are violent and choose to chook finger in their nose. Not smart
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Pylony(m): 11:39am On Oct 19, 2016
mikolo80:
they are all nuisances. But even mosques don't blast music for 3 hours.
Secondly, you know they are violent and choose to chook finger in their nose. Not smart
Then who are those blasting music for a whole 3hours using out door mega-phones to cause nuisence as you put it?? And i don't tend to get you, who are you refering to being violent with a finger up a nose hole.
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Rottymy: 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
For more information about NYSC 2016 Batch B mobilisation kindly join this whatsapp group by clicking on the link below :
https:///FrVFWawQ2CIGZQhVFTDFva
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mikolo80: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pylony:
Then who are those blasting music for a whole 3hours using out door mega-phones to cause nuisence as you put it?? And i don't tend to get you, who are you refering to being violent with a finger up a nose hole.
when you're in a foreign territory where you're outnumbered
You play by their rules
Whether you like it or not
Written or not

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Pylony(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
mikolo80:
when you're in a foreign territory where you're outnumbered
You play by their rules
Whether you like it or not
Written or not
Abi! Then why complain if dominance speaks louder than loud speakers?
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mikolo80: 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pylony:
Abi! Then why complain if dominance speaks louder than loud speakers?
no be you de complain
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Pylony(m): 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
mikolo80:
no be you de complain
Go and sin no more grin
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mikolo80: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pylony:
Go and sin no more grin
me ke
I de my own jeje until I can get a sniper rifle then I take out any eediot that is disturbing my sleep
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Vikky014(f): 4:20am On Oct 20, 2016
oweniwe:
They made you comfortable cos you're a corper. Try staying behind after Nysc.... Nobody will beg you to run

All the people calling me names should take note of the Shiite massacre ongoing. You don't have to offend anybody. If you rent a house and your landlord is shiite, they will come and scattered your properties for nothing.

My friend in Katsina said she hasn't been able to go out for days now cos of their senseless fights. Just look at this topic and pics.. .

Hoodlums Vandalise Cars Of Secretary Of Kaduna Contractors 4 Being A Shitte

https://www.nairaland.com/3413150/hoodlums-vandalise-cars-secretary-kaduna

and i didnt know when i clicked katsina. God please i dnt want to b posted to katsina
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Chriswazo(m): 6:00am On Oct 20, 2016
Vikky014:
and i didnt know when i clicked katsina. God please i dnt want to b posted to katsina

Dear fear nothing, if not for any thing you are a coper, who knows what great fortune that might be there for you? Trust God plans for your life, it will pay off at the end.
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Pylony(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2016
mikolo80:
me ke
I de my own jeje until I can get a sniper rifle then I take out any eediot that is disturbing my sleep
You most have gotten a red eye from lack of sleep. grin
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Vikky014(f): 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
Chriswazo:

Dear fear nothing, if not for any thing you are a coper, who knows what great fortune might be waiting for you there? Trust God plans for your life, it will pay off at the end.
Thanks honey. na only long distance i dey fear.but sha flight will be of help incase they finally post me there
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by mikolo80: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
Pylony:
You most have gotten a red eye from lack of sleep. grin
don't mind d baggars
Dem no go pass 7 o
De blast drums and loudspeakers
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by saintkel(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2016
zika1:
there are also people who stay as far as possible from the north but still get killed one way or the other. Only God can protect us. Pls try to erase the mentality u have of the north....
Happy birthday dear

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by zika1(f): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2016
saintkel:
Happy birthday dear
tnx dear
Re: How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. by Pylony(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=mikolo80 post=50403102]don't mind d baggars
Dem no go pass 7 o
De blast drums and loudspeakers[/quote ] EXPECIALLY DOES ONES DISTURBING MY PRECIOUS SLEEP LATE AT NIGHT CALLING ON THEIR gods grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corps Member Participating In Election To Receive N35,000 – NYSC / Heavy Rain At NYSC Edo Camp Destroys Dilapidated Structures, Corpers Injured / Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.