Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,542 members, 7,929,762 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:04 PM

I'm A Product Of A Broken Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm A Product Of A Broken Home (1193 Views)

Married From A Broken Home? What's The Experience So Far? / I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos / Can You Marry From A Broken Home(divorce) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by elwire: 1:15am On Oct 15, 2016
My Father divorced my Mom when i was very young, i created this account when i was 18 now I'm 20. Depression has eaten deep into my soul! I dont socialize with people. I became an introvert! I started drinking and smoking! But still i'm not happy! I have never experienced mommy love in my life, that kind of love people have for their moms i dont have any! I can go a whole year sometimes 2 years without calling my mom. She's always complaining that i dont even have time for her. But that's not true i'm always thinking about her, there are things that will never happen to me if she's around. I cant spend 30 minutes with my mom whenever we meet, imagine having brothers as in blood brothers back stabing you. Hating on you. Siblings that sit and gossip about you just because you guys are not from the same mother. I bacame a drug addict! People keep on judging me without knowing my reasons for smoking and drinking. Imagine growing up with no parental love no brotherhood everyone dont like you just because your mother gave birth to only you in the house. I'm depressed, i need help i'm suffering! I cant continue living like an outcast in my fathers house! I hate crowd i spend almost all my time on the internet, no self confidence very low self esteem. what a wicked world!!!!
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Ranchhoddas: 1:39am On Oct 15, 2016
Accept Jesus into your life. Na the best solution be that.

5 Likes

Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by lilmax(m): 6:27am On Oct 15, 2016
you have yourself to blame, you make your own consequences
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Amberon11: 6:51am On Oct 15, 2016
And you ain't even a christian.
Ranchhoddas:
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Amberon11: 6:59am On Oct 15, 2016
O.P if you claim to love your mom then show her. How can you go 2 years without calling her? And you claim to love her....geez!!!
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by elwire: 7:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Amberon11:
O.P if you claim to love your mom then show her. How can you go 2 years without calling her? And you claim to love her....geez!!!

there is this feeling i get whenever i tried talking to her. I have not been living with her since when i was 6years! I dont know anything about mommy love.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by elwire: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2016
lilmax:
blame myself? You are lucky You're not from a broken home.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Ranchhoddas: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2016
Amberon11:
And you ain't even a christian.
Monitoring Spirits. Una don follow me reach family section!
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by dillycool(f): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2016
Deep sigh!
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 15, 2016
Have you got uncles and auntys that you are close too?
are you close to your dad?
You see the smoking and drinking is not the answer as you can already see
Your line of defence is to be good and successful in everything you do
Your continued behaviour is what is causing you to be seen as an outcast

Are you in Uni?
You cant let your parents mistakes ruin your life
You deserve better
Your parents have chosen their path
Time to choose yours
You can have a better life
but you have to work for it
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Amberon11: 7:47am On Oct 15, 2016
Are you the only one in Family section?
Ranchhoddas:
Monitoring Spirits. Una don follow me reach family section!
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Amberon11: 7:51am On Oct 15, 2016
Oo OK, I quite understand now but it doesn't you should just blank out on her. Develop a good relationship with her. Some mothers can be very cool; well at least mine is.
elwire:
there is this feeling i get whenever i tried talking to her. I have not been living with her since when i was 6years! I dont know anything about mommy love.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by byvan03: 7:51am On Oct 15, 2016
Most products of broken homes actually excel so I don't know why you have chosen to remain flat on your as*s. You an adult now, so I don't get your mummy love issues, get a life bro. If no one is loving you, atleast love yourself.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by lilmax(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2016
elwire:
blame myself? You are lucky You're not from a broken home.
you have no issue here

most people I know from broken homes don't smoke and drink, they learn from the mistake of the parents, stop acting as if,you are from a broken home then its your right to be wayward
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Ranchhoddas: 7:54am On Oct 15, 2016
Amberon11:
Are you the only one in Family section?
Why are you asking me this?
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 15, 2016
In a more saner society, people will advice you to see a shrink in order to talk and let your emotions out which is very therapeutic and even go for meetings to help with the addictions. Anyway, when life hands you a soured lemons you have to make what comes close to lemonades from them. Dust yourself up and try to be positive and also contact your mum frequently if possible.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by dahmie2013: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2016
Op, it's rada unfortunate, but we cannot choose our parents. So just man up, see all dese as a challenge & prove ur step siblings wrong by being a better person.
U're 2 young 2 start life like dis, u have a whole life ahead of u, so start working now.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Yes, because an imaginary friend is what he needs right now.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2016
lilmax:

Exactly!!!

Are you the only one from a broken home? Even people with NO parents are making something of their lives. Your parents don't love you, that's why you have low self esteem? Alright.

You're 20. Stop wallowing in self-pity, and make yourself useful.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Ranchhoddas: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Yes, because an imaginary friend is what he needs right now.
Go ahead. Insult your Maker!!!
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by elwire: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2016
tearoses:
Have you got uncles and auntys that you are close too?
are you close to your dad?
You see the smoking and drinking is not the answer as you can already see
Your line of defence is to be good and successful in everything you do
Your continued behaviour is what is causing you to be seen as an outcast

Are you in Uni?
You cant let your parents mistakes ruin your life
You deserve better
Your parents have chosen their path
Time to choose yours
You can have a better life
but you have to work for it
thanks bro! I'm a 300L university student.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by elwire: 10:54am On Oct 15, 2016
dahmie2013:
Op, it's rada unfortunate, but we cannot choose our parents. So just man up, see all dese as a challenge & prove ur step siblings wrong by being a better person.
U're 2 young 2 start life like dis, u have a whole life ahead of u, so start working now.
Thanks bro! I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by elwire: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2016
nma24:
In a more saner society, people will advice you to see a shrink in order to talk and let your emotions out which is very therapeutic and even go for meetings to help with the addictions. Anyway, when life hands you a soured lemons you have to make what comes close to lemonades from them. Dust yourself up and try to be positive and also contact your mum frequently if possible.
Thank you sis, i appreciate.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by TSOM(m): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

[b] Ignorant Christians like you are one of the reasons why distraught atheists take repeated shots at Christianity and religion in general.

What on God's green earth is "Accept Jesus into your life"? Even the Bible makes it clear that " faith without work is fruitless". Don't go sweeping all of his pain beneath a rug of vague, useless solution just so you can register your presence on this thread. It's as insensitive as it gets.

OP, you've mentioned your mum still craves your company so how about re-establishing the communication link? She's dying to bond with her son and there you are waiting for some half-siblings who've probably been injected with hate serum to love you? Screw them. What love is greater than a mother's love? Go find mummy and embrace her. Feed on the positivity of her love and attention until you've become reassured enough to be confident in yourself.

Your half-siblings can make you feel bad if only you allow them. Confidence attracts attention. Sooner or later, they'd either seek you out or they take the highway to 'IGNOREDville'.

Then again, have you considered the fact that you might be difficult to approach? Have you ever wondered about the fact that you shut everyone out means they can't reach out to you? That they might misconstrue your withdrawn state of despair as pride? Only you know the truth.

Forget religion now. I'm a Christian myself but forget it. Start interacting. One smiling face at a time. Heck! Interact with football fans. Argue and you'd naturally bond with one or two. From "Hey, bro. What's up? Did you watch Barça's match last night? Messi was awesome!" it would become "Bro, what's up? We'd be hanging out at the park. Let's make the most of this Sunday evening." Something along those lines. Gradually, your social life would be something of note.

If you're somewhat religious, you could start interacting with folks in your church. Don't wear your troubles on your face. Sooner that expected, you'd be found out by people seeking your company.

And, dude, easy on the drinking and smoking. At least for the sake of your well-being. It's a Saturday and a football weekend. Start today. Don't forget to call mummy as many times as possible too. [/b]

1 Like

Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Ranchhoddas: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2016
TSOM:

[b] Ignorant Christians like you are one of the reasons why distraught atheists take repeated shots at Christianity and religion in general.

What on God's green earth is "Accept Jesus into your life"? Even the Bible makes it clear that " faith without work is fruitless". Don't go sweeping all of his pain beneath a rug of vague, useless solution just so you can register your presence on this thread. It's as insensitive as it gets.

OP, you've mentioned your mum still craves your company so how about re-establishing the communication link? She's dying to bond with her son and there you are waiting for some half-siblings who've probably been injected with hate serum to love you? Screw them. What love is greater than a mother's love? Go find mummy and embrace her. Feed on the positivity of her love and attention until you've become reassured enough to be confident in yourself.

Your half-siblings can make you feel bad if only you allow them. Confidence attracts attention. Sooner or later, they'd either seek you out or they take the highway to 'IGNOREDville'.

Then again, have you considered the fact that you might be difficult to approach? Have you ever wondered about the fact that you shut everyone out means they can't reach out to you? That they might misconstrue your withdrawn state of despair as pride? Only you know the truth.

Forget religion now. I'm a Christian myself but forget it. Start interacting. One smiling face at a time. Heck! Interact with football fans. Argue and you'd naturally bond with one or two. From "Hey, bro. What's up? Did you watch Barça's match last night? Messi was awesome!" it would become "Bro, what's up? We'd be hanging out at the park. Let's make the most of this Sunday evening." Something along those lines. Gradually, your social life would be something of note.

If you're somewhat religious, you could start interacting with folks in your church. Don't wear your troubles on your face. Sooner that expected, you'd be found out by people seeking your company.

And, dude, easy on the drinking and smoking. At least for the sake of your well-being. It's a Saturday and a football weekend. Start today. Don't forget to call mummy as many times as possible too. [/b]
Vague, useless, solution. Cool.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by tsilva: 11:52am On Oct 15, 2016
He who feels it,knows it. I can bet your mom is always thinking about you even if you find it hard to communicate, just the same way you think about her. Just concentrate on fulfilling your dreams and get busy doing what you love. By doing that,you would have made her very proud. Don't worry about it too much and always have a positive mind.

Time heals everything.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
Elwire, I understand what you are going through and how u feel about your family. It's sad but that's how it is in either broken homes or some polygamous homes.
Am from a polygamous home and the children are much from my dad different wives, but my mum was the last wife and the fairest of them all. I look like her and am the only fair one.. Even my late two brothers looked like my dad but due to the attitude in the family they both got depressed and allowed d devil take control of their lives..just because we all felt like an outcast. They couldn't bear the emotional pain they both delved into smoking all kinds and invariably it affected their brain and health.. They are dead now, due to complications caused by drugs and other vices..
Trust me, u don't want to end up like my late brothers.

I have a thick skin, no matter how my family victimize and envy me.. I don't give a foot nor care about it... Initially I use to worry and think alot but when I saw the way my brothers died and no one in the family cared.. I just blanked my mind off them and focus more on myself, my career, my few friends who are now like family smiley and my BF.
Life is tough.. U need to be strong and wise to survive.. And yes prayerful..let the word of God seep into your heart and spirit.
Then make good friends ,focus on your career and people who truly care about u.
Forget family for now..when u are rich and successful they will seek u out and come knocking on your door.. . Families are just like most women..
Just be strong.. U can do it... Don't allow depression take hold u.. It's suicidal.
And stop smoking, u r just killing yourself slowly. Be pls strong and start afresh with yourself and God..
For God truly cares more than anyone... And God will bring friends your way who will be more than family to u.. Be outgoing but do it moderately. Don't close up from everyone. Pls.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by nnamdibig(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
Yes you are a product of broken home but being a drunkard or a drug addict is not the way to the with it.
You are the only person that will get yourself out of the mess you claim to be.
Re: I'm A Product Of A Broken Home by ifyalways(f): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
nnamdibig:
Yes you are a product of broken home but being a drunkard or a drug addict is not the way to the with it.
You are the only person that will get yourself out of the mess you claim to be.
Gbam!

Life is what you make outta it. Happiness, wellness of soul, mind and body is an individual choice. Decide today to soar stronger than the circumstances surrounding your birth and upbringing.

You are an adult now, take charge of your life.

(1) (Reply)

Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage For Men: / My Demon Wife Have Finally Absconded With My Son. / I Have A Feeling My Husband Is Cheating On Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.