Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,924 members, 7,890,048 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Suicide Is Not An Option - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Suicide Is Not An Option (533 Views)

Suicide Is Not The End Of Life. There Is An Afterlife. / Suicide Is Not A Sin Because Jesus Committed Suicide / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens- Backsliding : Not An Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Is Not An Option by aboveonly(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
For close to three days now, I have had to push out of my mind the strong inclination to do a write up on the topic, “Suicide Is Not An Option,” hoping that someone, or somewhere out there who is going through a very rough time, would read this piece and be encouraged not to take his or her own life.
Whatever the tragic situation you are going through or have experienced of late, and thinking in your mind to commit suicide, please DON’T DO IT. Suicide is not an option! Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, loves you and can make a message out of the mess you have found yourself.

God says concerning YOU, in Matthew 11:28-30, that:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (NIV)
There is always a way out, and if you hand over everything to Jesus Christ, no matter how bad and tragic things may be for you, He will rescue you and give your life a meaning and direction.
Doing hard drugs, excessive alcoholic consumption, or sexual addiction can never bring you the much needed succor. Tell it to Jesus. He will give your rest on every side
Causes of Suicidal Thoughts
Quite a number of people in Nigeria, and all over the world are going through a very difficult time. May be as a result of unfaithfulness in marriage, financial burden, unexplainable addiction to hard drugs and violent sex, and the like. What are the causes of suicidal thoughts that often lead to suicide?
Suicidal thoughts have many causes. Most often, suicidal thoughts are the result of feeling like you can't cope when you're faced with what seems to be an overwhelming life situation. If you don't have hope for the future, you may mistakenly think suicide is a solution. You may experience a sort of tunnel vision, where in the middle of a crisis you believe suicide is the only way out.
There also may be a genetic link to suicide. People who complete suicide or who have suicidal thoughts or behavior are more likely to have a family history of suicide
The Way Out.
For one thing, it is normal to have times of sadness in this fallen world.These times of sadness only become a serious problem when they begin to linger for days, weeks, and months. When this happens, it’s time to reach out to someone for help. Even more serious are when this sadness leads to thoughts of suicide. When a Christian reaches this point, they can’t put off seeking help and should do so immediately. There are wicked spirits that often put these thoughts in our minds. When we fail to read the Bible on a regular basis and our prayer life drops off precipitously, we can fall prey to feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, and being of no use for God or anyone else. It is sometimes a simple brain chemical imbalance which can be treated. At other times it is counseling that can help lift us out of these deep valleys. The point is, we all get depressed, have times of sadness and may even contemplate suicide but when these feelings stay with us for a long period, they can lead to apathy, irritability, and even suicide. It’s time to get help, even if it’s in the Word of God, so here are some Bible verses that can help us when we have times of extreme sadness or have suicidal thoughts.

Help Through The Word of God.
Here are some spiritual tablets or capsules that can help you out of suicidal thoughts. Confess them out loudly and memorize them:

Psalm 34:18-19New International Version (NIV)
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all;

Psalm 55:22New International Version (NIV)
22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;he will never let
the righteous be shaken.

1 Peter 5:7New International Version (NIV)
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Isaiah 53:4, NIV
Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

Joshua 1:9New International Version (NIV)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 23:4New International Version (NIV)
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,[a]I will fear no evil, for you are with me;your rod and your staff, they comfort me
There is no need to go it alone. God wants us to cry out to Him and seek out godly counsel from others, even if it means seeking medical help.
Suicide is not an option, God has a purpose for your life!

N.B. Feel free to send me sms on 0802 631 9698 or write me at solo.lawrence@gmail.com for further counseling. It is well.

(1) (Reply)

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/11/16 / Moshood Fayemiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.