Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,920 members, 7,883,212 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics (70578 Views)

BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Peace2love: 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
KITCHEN = WOMAN'S OFFICE
SITTING ROOM = RECEPTION
THE OTHER ROOM = HEAD OFFICE
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Doyin2(m): 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
Fasaha:
My name is Mr Lecturer, and I am here to support the motion which says, "My wife belongs to my kitchen, my living room and the other room."
My wife is the General Manager of my Ministry of Stomach Infrastructure. She is responsible for cooking my meals and dishing them on my request. As my Store Manager, she takes charge of all available food items and draw up a list of commodities required for the smooth running of her ministry.
She is also my Minister of Interior who ensures that our Living Room is not messed up by our children or visitors. Whenever I am away, she controls the television and dictates which channels the kids watch.
As my wife, of course she also belongs to my INNER ROOM and makes her "team" available for the "Champions League", any day, any time. Beyond these, she is the Vice president of the house in terms of our working together to consolidate our matrimony and move the family forward.
However, as far as my job (as a Lecturer) is concerned, my wife only plays an advisory role and nothing more. She does not decide who passes my courses or on what grounds a student has passed or failed. If she, by accident, picks up an examination script and discovered some probable discrepancies on my part, her duty is to call my attention to it. No more, no less.

If after calling my attention to it, I refused to correct it based on my personal conviction, she has no right to go public with it or approach my employer to report me. If she do, then it is either that she has taken bribes from my students to secure them good grades, or is hell bent on sabotaging my job and destroying my life.

Aisha Buhari is the WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT and not the FIRST LADY. Let her stop destroying her husband to achieve some personal ambitions or settle some matrimonial scores.

Fasaha,you are just too much what an excellent illustration!

It seems you are truly a lecturer?
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
Omeokachie:

How do you quantify her contribution?

If like you alluded Buhari contested thrice without Aisha's input (which he lost), and the fourth time around Aisha was with him every step of the way and he won, how does this sit with your statement which seemed to diminish her contribution?
am nt dimishing her effort,my stand is dt,witout her,buhari will still av won becos nigerians just wnt change
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by vislabraye(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
oloriooko:
So when the lady was busy running all over the country campaigning for him, the old hag forgot she belonged to the kitchen?
Old foolish ungrateful cow angry

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by kessler53(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
bigtt76:
Absolutely! The man knows the forces he's up to and wants his wife out of harms way ...buh she doesn't seem to understand. Words of an elder it is.
but why did he allow her campaign for him?
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Doyin2(m): 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
kessler53:
but why did he allow her campaign for him?

Hello.................!

Your wife can help you secure a job,but does she have the right to expose your shortcomings at the job,to the shareholders of the company, (the public?)

Assuming she had advised you to perform better or make certain appointments and you refuse,based on your own limited conviction.Is she than suppose to report you to the shareholders of the company

If she behaves silly,wouldn't you remind her of where she belongs,whether she has other professional jobs or not?

Nigerians,think!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by acevic: 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Abeg abeg... Enough of all these lame comments about aisha sabotaging her husbands work. Habba
Buhari never even acknowledged her as the first Lady of this nation in the video.. Big enough insult already....
I'm pro buhari but that man needs to go back to statecraft and diplomacy class... You handle issues like that carefully and not sound unintelligent..

You claimed you belong to no one and everyone.... Your is wife is involved too all round.

You fought hard to serve this country and your wife didn't sit back.. She fought with you.... Now age belongs to the kitchen? C'mon man.
I believe this is the a case of intense pressure on the family... Buhari not being able to closely monitor his family like he used to. Not probably listening to his wife's contributions to issues. Blabla

He needs to adjust and stop seeing aisha as the little girl he married 27 yrs ago or the little baby that was born the year he had his first marriage..
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Carter4luv(m): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
this man is making common sense
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by eflintsone(m): 12:36am On Oct 17, 2016
jaymejate:
I can't blame him cos that's how it is in the North. Their wives are Limited to kitchen and other rooms, even to enter the husbands bedroom, you must fill forms.
That's the reason why this president keep saying this, but he should know he is saying it in a wrong way in the presence of wrong people and also at a wrong time.
He should know that, his wife as the first lady can't just keep mute and be a kind of ghost. Not possible.

Many woman fought for the freedom of women so as to participate in the society and it's also to relieve the men.

Mr President, know this, what you're trying to do now is to limit the women. You're going back to the time of old. And also my own wife o will not be Limited to the kitchen, some rooms and other rooms, but will own the house as a whole and will also contribute to the society positively. Think well and make restitution privately i suggest

Women should say no to the #OtherRoom
mister man u just a tribe hater frm ur talks .... We are africans and we all know the women are nt more superior than we men ...women gat less say wen it comes to leadership in every african and nigerian culture .. Be an african dnt imitate a white man's culture ... Be orijinal thats all
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Jafstar: 12:43am On Oct 17, 2016
what buhari said as a President is totally wrong he ought to know what to say when in public
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by RealBae: 5:56am On Oct 17, 2016
And the HYPOCRITES rush to twitter and said he is joking lipsrsealed
His Zombie supporters rush here to defend him.
Ara oyiiii
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by emi14: 6:36am On Oct 17, 2016
Then why must he be our leader. Handicapped in memory? How can he work positively when he cannot vividly recall the events and decisions of yesterday? Risky!!!
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by emi14: 6:38am On Oct 17, 2016
BUHARImyDOG:

hello testing the mic 1....2

see as I rush grab land 4 site

Its high time they stopped interviewing buhari with
English language pls.He might have one thing in mind
but doesn't know how to put it so he say another
thing.Illiteracy is the worst disease.

Buhari must be forgiven. He is terribly ill and the illness
affects his ability to remember events clearly, particularly
recent events. There is always a flicker of memory of
past events in a disjointed fashion with reawakening of
primitive sensory perception in a tenacious manner. He is
terribly helplessly handicapped. We should not always
hold him for his words and actions. The national tragedy
is that people are profiting from his handicap and ill-
health. Instead of offering help as a national duty.

Then why must he be our leader. Handicapped in memory? How can he work positively when he cannot vividly recall the events and decisions of yesterday? Risky
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Vello(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2016
jaymejate:

We all know the woman is saying the truth.
People are saying ought to advice him in bed not publicly. She must have done that like million times, buh the old man nor gree.

In short, truth must be told
"She must have done that like million times". My problem with your supposition is, where you there?
To all you naysayers, were your wife to act by embarrassing you not only nationally but internationally for that matter, what would your reaction be? And here is a President that has the presence of mind to take all that in his stride, you're all still up in arms shouting, puffing and howling where you're least supposed to.
Aisha's outburst was informed by her frustration at not enjoying what your 'shepoppotamus' enjoyed which in turn messed up Nigeria internationally...
#istandwithbuhari
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by fabre4: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2016
DonCortino:
[size=18pt]Is it that nobody watched this video at all Nobody is talking about the first question he was asked if d girls were exchanged with anybody!!!

Buhari the president, commander in chief if the armed forces says he does not know!!!! shocked shocked Ha!

He does not know if the chibok girls were exchanged with any prisoner!!!!

We are finished oo! Aisah is right this government has been hijacked by some cabal.[/size]
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Omeokachie: 8:01am On Oct 17, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
am nt dimishing her effort,my stand is dt,witout her,buhari will still av won becos nigerians just wnt change

With no data to back up your assertion, surely you want me to just take your word for it?

Would Buhari have won without Tinubu?
Would Buhari have won without Amaechi?
Would Buhari have won without Kwankwaso?
Would Buhari have won without Okorocha?

Do you have data on how many people that voted because of each of those individuals mentioned above?
Do you have data on the number of women that supported Buhari because of the involvement of his wife? 1k? 2k? 500k? 1m? 2m?

They all contributed to the APC victory. It is disingeneous to now turn around and claim that victory would have been possible without the contribution of any one of them (Aisha inclusive), seeing that there are no data to back up such assertion.

If Buhari had done it alobe thrice and failed, but did something different this time around and won, why discount the contribution of anyone involved in making it happen without any supporting evidence?

It was nice having this debate with you Ahmed. Atleast we were able to discuss issues without name calling and ethnic slur as I have seen people do on here.
Have a good one.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2016
bigtt76:
Absolutely! The man knows the forces he's up to and wants his wife out of harms way ...buh she doesn't seem to understand. Words of an elder it is.

Are you saying women should not be active in politics? If as a woman you are in support of what Buhari said then you have betrayed womanhood for their struggle in becoming relevant to the society.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Stoical: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2016
At least Aisha B is not a zombie, who concurs to every mis-step this administration takes...even if the President fart, some of them will still cheer undecided
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2016
Omeokachie:

With no data to back up your assertion, surely you want me to just take your word for it?

Do you have data on how many people that voted because of each of those individuals mentioned above?
Do you have data on the number of women that supported Buhari because of the involvement of his wife? 1k? 2k? 500k? 1m? 2m?

They all contributed to the APC victory. It is disingeneous to now turn around and claim that victory would have been possible without the contribution of any one of them (Aisha inclusive), seeing that there are no data to back up such assertion.

If Buhari had done it alobe thrice and failed, but did something different this time around and won, why discount the contribution of anyone involved in making it happen without any supporting evidence?

It was nice having this debate with you Ahmed. Atleast we were able to discuss issues without name calling and ethnic slur as I have seen people do on here.
Have a good one.

i understand u ,buhari made three attempt and failed to clinch on d presidency nt untill the idea of merger came|but we dnt av to deviate from subject matter which is aisha.u knw aisha came into public when d den rulling party assert that buhari was a meninists and anti feminism ,on the ground that nobody has ever seen his wife and public,and even buhari statement aggravated the situation wen he propose scraping of first lady's office.it was after this proposition of the den rulling party that people like bisi akande,bola tinubu.ameachi and other wit solomonic wisdom in the political landscape decide to pressure bubu to introduce his wife in d campaign.so wen the woman came out,she was an epitome of a nigerian beauty,infact many nigerian were mesmerise wit her phisque especially women like her which inturn earn her husband support.and my point is that,am nt of d opinion that she is nt instrumental to bubu's presidency bt she shuldnt be overemphasis considering the reason dt made her husband introduce her after refusing her 3 previous times.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by tolagabriel1: 9:27am On Oct 17, 2016
. Words of an elder it is.[/quote]

Words from our ancestors
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by bigtt76(f): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2016
Listen ...don't make mistake here. PMB did not say 'the Nigerian women's place is in the Kitchen, Living Room and the Other Room' rather he said 'My Wife ...'.

He shouldn't be made to step down his principles. He said during his campaign he was going to do away with the office of the first lady and surprisingly, the same Nigerians clamoring for the scrapping of the office are now the ones questioning his response.

This man knows the people surrounding him and knows what they can do, he's protecting us all from 'something' we may not know now but that will come to head soon.

NOTE: I'm not a wailer or opposite.

KingOfAmebo:

Are you saying women should not be active in politics? If as a woman you are in support of what Buhari said then you have betrayed womanhood for their struggle in becoming relevant to the society.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ozimec(m): 9:51am On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2016
Omeokachie:

Have a good one.

ok,bt am sory am nt confortable wit d likes of tinubu,amaechi and other u mention.aisha buhari is subject matter,she contribute bt u guys over emphasising
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Omeokachie: 11:19am On Oct 17, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
ok,bt am sory am nt confortable wit d likes of tinubu,amaechi and other u mention.aisha buhari is subject matter,she contribute bt u guys over emphasising

So long you dont have data to back up your assertions on the level of each person's contribution to Buhari's victory, I cannot agree with you that Aisha's cobtribution is insignificant. If you have data to prove your position, then we can explore that further.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by cyrilamx(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

Not only in politics but also being active at the war front in commensurate number with men. I Think we should also canvass for that...in war torn region, they should conscript young girls . Way they do to malefolk
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmedhussain3463: 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
Omeokachie:

So long you dont have data to back up your assertions on the level of each person's contribution to Buhari's victory, I cannot agree with you that Aisha's cobtribution is insignificant. If you have data to prove your position, then we can explore that further.
pls watsap me zero seven zero three zero four six zero two seven seven,i just love ur perspective in regards to dis issue
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Dannyke: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
I think this issue is being dragged too far. If it was any other person who said that nobody possibly would have made a comment about it. Aisha is a man's wife and has duties to her husband and family. If her husband says she belongs to his kitchen, the living room and that other room, he was in no way demeaning her. He was just saying the obvious. Her priority is not NIGERIA but her husband and she has a responsibility to guard her home from predatory forces that are working to destroy it. Let her fight with him in the other room and keep the outcome there or sooner than later, she may join the growing camp of divorcees.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by cuteboy2: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
jaymejate:
Women should say no to the #OtherRoom

Hian. No go there ooo!
You are going to start World War III with this your advice
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by elsomm(m): 9:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
bigtt76:

Can't say if you're right or wrong but I admire your line of thought.

So different. I never reasoned it in that line.

You have wisdom.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by tbarrister(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2016
Ganiyat72:

Who's this almajiri loafer?
your daddy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

SWAT Begins Training Of 400 Personnel / Ondo Election: Analytics Of Official Results As Announced By INEC / Stop Using Me For Comedy, Buhari Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.