Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,414 members, 7,891,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:40 PM

the significance of the events in the Garden of eden... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / the significance of the events in the Garden of eden... (371 Views)

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

the significance of the events in the Garden of eden... by THEcolorGREEN: 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
Read GENESIS CHAPT 3 and I'm a little confused

First God told Adam & eve they could eat every fruit except the particular "forbidden fruit"... what about the fruit of life? Where was it?

Then eve ate d forbidden fruit, Adam ate it n they became ashamed

God came, they hid he was 'surprised' & asked WHO TOLD U, U WERE NAKED? Have u eaten the fruit?? (it showed surprise and our GOD is "all-knowing"wink

God then said the man has become like one of US(which suggests a collective eternal presence not ONE person)

God then said "lest he eat the tree of life & live forever" (where this tree dey b4? Wey Adam n eve no know? Why didn't satan tell them about the tree so they could eat it b4 GOD returned)

>>Thus what I deduced from that verse is GOD doesn't want us to 'think' for ourselves, we were supposed to be like pets?

It is also confusing when in exchange for eternal life in heaven...we have to die on earth(loose our flesh) why?

These are my thoughts:
#man can become as powerful as GOD...@least we look like him and have some of his abilities

#did GOD become GOD by eating those 2 fruits?

#GOD created the heavens and the earth the same period? So what did he mean by 'LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE" once again who were the others? There's no mention of angels b4

# why is it such a bad thing to know good from evil? And why didn't he allow us have eternal life? Are we (humans) a threat to GOD?

#lets assume there were angels b4 humans and satan was the serpent.
Now what would make satan realistically think he could take over heaven (launch a coup) with his supporting angels? And why couldn't GOD kill him? What were they only chased out of heaven? Is satan also indestructible?

I need constructive answers.

Cc: seun

Cc; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

When The Doors Are Closed Against You / Join Online Service With Pastor Chris / Again! Joshua Iginla Rescues 87-year Old Woman With 10,000 Pula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.