Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,360 members, 7,947,583 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

Meet 7-year-old Africa’s Youngest Author (photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet 7-year-old Africa’s Youngest Author (photos) (466 Views)

Meet Audrey Esi Swatson, Ghana’s Youngest Female Pilot (Photos) / Photos Of The Youngest Officer In The Nigerian Army / Captain Joan Obasi, The Youngest Female Pilot In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet 7-year-old Africa’s Youngest Author (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
The incredibly impressive seven-year-old, Michelle Nkamankeng from Johannesburg, has established herself in the global literary world by becoming the youngest author in Africa to make the list of the world’s top 10 youngest writers.

Her recently launched first book, Waiting for the Waves, which was inspired by a family visit to a seaside resort when she was five is only just the first in what she says is a four-part series that will be published over the next few years.

According to Eyewitness News, Waiting for the Waves follows the story of a little girl named Titi who is having fun with her family at a beach resort but is also struggling with a great fear of the waves. However, with the support of her family she succeeds in conquering her fears and enjoying the beauty of nature.

On her Twitter account which is managed by her mother, Michelle said:

“My dream is to inspire young children to believe in themselves.”

“I feel happy, excited and very proud of myself. I loved reading from the age of four. Writing is fun to me and I love writing in my spare time.”

Michelle’s mother had to get creative to publish her daughter’s book. She was forced to learn how to publish a book and ended up creating a publishing company in the process.

While speaking with Gauteng, Michelle talked about her hopes for her book and the future:

“I hope we can generate enough funds from my first book to publish the other three books in the series.”

The book was made available on Amazon from October 15.

Credit: http://brainnewsng.com/7-year-old-africa-youngest-author/

cc: Lalasticlala

Re: Meet 7-year-old Africa’s Youngest Author (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
cc: 1forall, CrazyMan

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Graduates Keep Hustling For Government? / Christmas Bonanza!!!2 Blocks Of Flats In Ota For Grabs!!get A Puppy From Abroad! / CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching And Applying Online Actually Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.