Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,876 members, 7,889,918 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Cause Of Cheating In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Cause Of Cheating In Relationships (482 Views)

Things Ladies Do When They Are Cheating In Relationship / Man Catches His Wife Cheating In Hotel, Disgraces & Batters Her Publicly (Video) / What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cause Of Cheating In Relationships by Flickzvill(m): 6:50am On Oct 18, 2016
We live in an era of social media and constant temptation...so what's the leading cause of cheating in today's relationships?
Cheating. Infidelity. Disloyalty. Untrustworthy (is that a word?) Whatever you want to call it, cheating in relationships seems to almost be par for the course these days. We often talk about how difficult it is to find happy, healthy, solid relationships in our society – and there are many different sets of circumstances that get blamed for this.
I was out with someone a few weeks ago and she was talking to me about how she felt that all of the temptation put forth by social media has really hurt the concept of monogamy and shifted the dating scene to something much more fleeting. Hence: The hookup culture. A somehow accepted norm in our generation that we just can’t handle being with one person anymore.
We need the flavor of the week. To upgrade. To always be testing the waters. To be onward and upward to the next best thing (person) as soon as they come along. I talk about this often in my articles and videos, discussing our ‘disposable society.’ However, while this is something that social media and the increased pace of our society has brought to light, it is not something that we have created.
You see, cheating on significant others has been around for as long as significant others have been around. Even the eras of our history that we romanticize – like the 1950’s – were full of debauchery and cheating. They had no Facebook or Instagrams or Tinders. They had no DM’s to slide into. They just had the newspaper, house phones (maybe), black and white TV, and the copy room at the office…
When the aforementioned girl I was out with told me about her theory of social media causing cheating, I gave my perspective that it doesn’t cause cheating, it is just another tool for it. So if social media isn’t the leading cause of cheating in our society, what is…?
CHEATERS.
Cheaters have, and always will be, the cause of cheating in relationships. I fully stand by the position that if a man or woman is in a relationship and has absolutely no interest in pursuing anyone else, that temptation simply doesn’t matter, because... http://osagiesblogs..com.ng/2016/10/the-1-cause-of-cheating-in-relationships.html

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Women Behaving Like This? / 5 Ways To Escape An Abusive Relationship / Romantic Needs Of A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.