Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts (30866 Views)

Photos Of Obanikoro With Oluremi Tinubu & Other APC Members In Lagos Today / ‘n284b Budget Padding’: EFCC Uncovers Rep’s Bureau De Change / EFCC Quizzes Man Who Flew Obanikoro With N1.2bn For Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by MinorityTribe: 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
I am tired of all these worthless EFCC news. Buhari you are a mistake and a failure! Stop distracting us with all these irrelevant news. I apologize for voting for this wrinkled senile thing. Abeg i know say wailers form don finish but i fit still wail small? cheesy
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by 989900D: 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Detectives were said to have assured the ex-minister that the EFCC had a clinic and an ambulance in case of emergency.

My favourite part of the story.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by trendyrammy(f): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
yarimo:
With this picture I hope OBANIKORO is not about to claim he is sick?

lwkmd

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by musa7m(m): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
Name check

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by dokiOloye(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
Why does EFCC release every little information they have on cases they are handling to d public?
Is this not a way of warning other would be criminals to change tactics?
In d end this case will drag till forever and they will never be able to secure a conviction.
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by anointingOil: 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
iamdynamite:
ko si koro ko si ibo(election)
u need epp and its on its way
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by prinsam30: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sources at the EFCC told The PUNCH that Obanikoro informed them that he was ill and was on medication. He pleaded with the commission to let him go home.

He specifically told them that he had recently had a spinal cord surgery and was still recuperating.

“He has been cooperating with us. He has made useful statements, but we still need him to shed more light on the main issues.

“He came with a bag load of drugs and told us that he was treating himself. We will keep him here for now,” a source in the EFCC said.

Detectives were said to have assured the ex-minister that the EFCC had a clinic and an ambulance in case of emergency.

EFCC got no Chill at all

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by iamdynamite(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
anointingOil:

u need epp and its on its way
lol am just playing around ooooo....am not a fan of his ooooo....before people like you eat me raw tongue

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by epini(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
ok
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by erico2k2(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Guyman02:
The man caught them off-guard by going to their office immediately he arrived Nigeria unannounced.
Very soon EFCC will release receipts he used in buying Akara or shopping at Shoprite.

The truth is that with Tinubu no longer after people like Obanikoro for political reasons due to the disappointment he has suffered from APC, this matter will end up as another media spectacle.
We wait for the next revelation tomorrow while the budget padding by Dogara has been swept under the carpet.
And Dansuki mouth develop blockade

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by jrusky(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
Copy of the receipt please And the name of the Bureau de Change and the address pls
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by damiloladuke: 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
it's well
read on

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by iamauxin(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
He's wearing a Boko Haram customized bangle.... Is he indirectly confessing?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by Biddypearl(f): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
LOBATAN WITH ALL D GRAGRA LMFAO BS!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by AntiWailer: 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
yarimo:

He came with bag of drugs.
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by yarimo(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
AntiWailer:

He came with bag of drugs.
grin
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by lordkhalifa(m): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
from the long list of those politicians indicted so far... North and waste are leading the pace.... this people really milk Us dry.... sipping my Smirnoff ice waiting for the day JAGABAN will go down
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by lordkhalifa(m): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
kolaaderin:
A former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, was on Monday grilled for several hours by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and where he was confronted with evidence by detectives.

Obanikoro, who had remained in the United States of America since mid-2015, went straight to the Abuja office of the EFCC immediately after his arrival in Nigeria on Monday from the US.

An aide to the former minister told one of our correspondents on the telephone that Obanikoro, who reported to the commission by 1.20pm on Monday, had not been released by 8.59pm.

A company, Sylvan McNamara, allegedly owned by Obanikoro’s sons, was said to have received N4.7bn from the Office of the National Security Adviser under Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.) in June 2014.

Sources at the anti-graft agency said after Obanikoro allegedly handed over N1.219bn to Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and N1.3bn to Senator Iyiola Omisore, the then Osun State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party; he directed that about N759,384,300 should be transferred into the accounts of about six bureau de change operators.

The two bureau de change operators that received the bulk of the funds were A.A.G.B.S. Oil and Gas and North Line Limited.

While A.A.G.B.S. received N168m on June 16, 2014, North Line Limited received N835, 000 on July 14; N83,750,000 on June 17; N1,680,000 on September 3, 2014; about N2,325, 300 on September 9; N5,932, 500 on September 17 and N842,500 on July 30.

An aide to Obanikoro, who accompanied the ex-minister to the EFCC, told the commission that he visited a bureau de change operator on the instruction of Obanikoro and collected over $1m on behalf of the ex-minister and handed it over to him (ex-minister).

Obanikoro could not deny the statement when confronted with the evidence including receipts.

Sources at the EFCC told The PUNCH that Obanikoro informed them that he was ill and was on medication. He pleaded with the commission to let him go home.

He specifically told them that he had recently had a spinal cord surgery and was still recuperating.

Obanikoro was said to have arrived at the commission with a bag containing drugs, toiletries, and other items.

“He has been cooperating with us. He has made useful statements, but we still need him to shed more light on the main issues.

“He came with a bag load of drugs and told us that he was treating himself. We will keep him here for now,” a source in the EFCC said.

Obanikoro was said to have insisted that the money he received was not part of the $15bn arms scam but from the imprest account, a special account belonging to the ONSA.

When contacted on the telephone, Obanikoro’s lawyer, Mr. James Onoja (SAN), told one of our correspondents that his client was cooperating with the EFCC.

Onoja said his priority was to get Obanikoro out on bail.

When asked about Obanikoro’s health, he said, “I am not a medical doctor; so, I cannot give any expert opinion on his health. He is cooperating with the EFCC now, and he surrendered himself willingly to them, which shows that he has nothing to hide. Hopefully, we will be able to get him out on bail tomorrow (today).”

In a statement by his media aide, Jonathan Eze, Obanikoro commended the EFCC for its professionalism and pledged that he would continue to cooperate with the commission.

The statement read partly, “Senator Musiliu Obanikoro arrived in Abuja this morning and headed straight to the office of the EFCC. This is consequent upon an invitation sent to him by the anti-graft body, which was received on June 15, 2016, coincidentally, at a time he was pursuing a postgraduate degree in the United States.”

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/18/efcc-confronts-detained-ex-minister-obanikoro-1m-bureau-de-change-receipts
from the long list of those politicians indicted so far... North and waste are leading the pace.... this people really milk Us dry.... sipping my Smirnoff ice waiting for the day JAGABAN will go down
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by MAXIMAL123(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
“He came with a bag load of drugs and told us that he was treating himself. We will keep him here for now,” a source in the EFCC said.'' grin I love dis Man for his strong preparation, cos He knows He might not come back home easily cheesy
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by fxskye: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
yarimo:

Oga, Obanikoro walked in sicked. Claimimg is an understatement.

It's on that ground his lawyer would leverage on to get him bail ASAP. This is Naija show. It's only when they have issue on accountability they become sick.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by foladara777(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
TimeManager:
Children of clifford orji are very ready to adopt & asslick obanikoro in their usual way. Stupid wailers, foolish wailers. Stupid ogbete people.
Kiss the truth!
PS; Nigerians must allow buhari suspend the so called stupid constitution to enable him throw corrupt asses in jail. Nigerians should stop preaching the stupid gospel of rule of law that is not extended towards the common man. Stupid rule of law, stupid democracy.
The truth has spoken!
Seriously?? ...am all for the fight against corruption but suspend d constitution? That's just so dumb on so many levels.
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by GOFRONT(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
Dem alwayz havin health issues.

I guess is because they loot our patrimony regardless of "the rule of law"

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by mukthar2000(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ooogaa EFCC pls don't allow him go anywere, the most die in ur custody, Stupid man when u are looing the money u are heathly sound abiii,but now u are sick, God punished ur FATHAR

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by CHYMZZY(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
Obanikoro!
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by metallisc(m): 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
TimeManager:
Children of clifford orji are very ready to adopt & asslick obanikoro in their usual way. Stupid wailers, foolish wailers. Stupid ogbete people.
Kiss the truth!
PS; Nigerians must allow buhari suspend the so called stupid constitution to enable him throw corrupt asses in jail. Nigerians should stop preaching the stupid gospel of rule of law that is not extended towards the common man. Stupid rule of law, stupid democracy.
The truth has spoken!

slowly... crawl back to the crypt from whence thou came!

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by sammyj: 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Obanikoro has entered ONE CHANCE train on this one ooo!!! shocked angry

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by Skain(m): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Is our federal govt money cursed? Abi wetin

From deziani to others and now koro also.

So these swearing-in of a thing truly dey work ooo...
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by goshen26: 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
If I pick my pen to write on the drama [/b]"Nigeria's Diary"[b] I will write more seasons than [/b]"Jenifa's Diary"[b]

ITT everywhere kiss
Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by fakati(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nigeria is in a sorry state only God will deliver Nigerians from the hands of these politicians who have stolen the present and the future,the amount shared among the few of them is enough for the present recession..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by lailo: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
God thank u for giving us Baba.Pls protect him for us and shame d wailers by making Nigeria better.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts by Progressive01(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
yarimo:
Lmao. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soludo Submits Anambra State's “VISION-2070” Perspective Development Plan / Boko Haram Bombed Kano Today / Female Suicide Bomber Killed At Army Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.