Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,961 members, 7,906,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:33 PM

Need A Page View Script - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need A Page View Script (734 Views)

Page View / Boost Ur Website Or Blog Page View. / Get 1000 Page View/clicks To Your Website For Just $2 Perfectmoney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Page View Script by owner(m): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
Hello all great webmasters like Yawa, afam, dhtml and co, pls, i need a script that count how many time a page is view, i dont mean website counter. I mean a page counter that shows how many time a page is view, like d one of nairaland.
Re: Need A Page View Script by yawatide(f): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2009
I am going to go out on a limb and say, if we are on the same page, that feature is in-built in smf (or whatever forum app for that matter).

Personally, I am not a fan of counters. It only lets the site visitor know whether or not your site is popular. To me, certain info should remain private as it can make or break a site. Having said that, for a forum, it makes sense as users will know what the hot topics are. I guess it all depends on the context.
Re: Need A Page View Script by kolitos007: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2009
owner:

Hello all great webmasters like Yawa, afam, dhtml and co, pls, i need a script that count how many time a page is view, i dont mean website counter. I mean a page counter that shows how many time a page is view, like d one of nairaland.

You don't really need any code, you can use google analytic, its really simple to use, all you just do is register and follow the instruction you can have it do so many things for you, and you can even set goals to for example see how many pple send you messages using the contact form.
Re: Need A Page View Script by hostmot(f): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2009
Well, as yawa-ti-de as said, most forum scripts already come shipped with page counters.

But if you are looking to create a custom counter using php, you would have to store the page view inside a database or a text file. A text file is easier, but you would have to check out the file functions in the php.net manual.

It bores down to storing a number that increments when the page is called in the text file, and calling the content of the text file at the point where you want the number of page views displayed. I'd have posted an example here, but I've forgotten the nitty gritty of the file functions. Just google php file functions and put your innovation into good use.

Biodun,
Hostmot Support (www.hostmot.com)

(1) (Reply)

Godaddy $1.99 Domains / Sms Sending Php Application / Sms Gateway Website For Just N7k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.