Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations (4229 Views)

Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation / Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by kcnwaigbo: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2016
About a week ago before Justice Okoro's letter to the NJC was made public.Trentonline actually reported the judges allegations and the confrontation that the CJN had with Buhari and the DSS chairman at aso rock.So many people here disparaged the reports and even the mods refused to move it to the frontpage but finally it has been proven to be true.The confrontations between the CJN and PMB as reported by trentonline was is delineated below

Mahmud Mohammed, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, has confronted President Muhammadu Buhari in a face-to-face meeting in the Presidential Villa following the weekend crackdown on federal judges and two Supreme Court justices by the country’s secret police, The Trent can exclusively report.

The meeting, which held in the morning of Monday, October 10, 2016, was at the instance of the Honourable Justice Mohammed, multiple sources reveal.

Present at the meeting were Lawal Daura, the director-general of the Department of State Security Services, DSS, which serves as the country’s secret police and the president of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria, Babatunde Adejumo.

Our findings are that the meeting was very tense and the chief justice did not mince words when addressing the president on the matter. The visibly infuriated CJN tongue-lashed the president for violating the democratic principles of separation of powers and assuming the unconstitutional status of “supervisor” of the judiciary, an independent arm of government.

RELATED: Presidency Confirms That President Buhari Sanctioned DSS Crackdown On Judges

Justice Mohammed accused President Buhari of victimizing the judges targeted in the midnight crackdown by the DSS for refusing to be intimidated by the secret police over the matters of the election petitions of Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

According to one of our top inside sources, the CJN exposed a series of scare and intimidation tactics carried out by the DSS director general, a kinsman to President Buhari, to make the bench bow to its wishes and overturn the judgement against the current governors of two oil-rich states.

Mohammed expressly accused the DSS DG of using the name of President Buhari in carrying out what he called an “unprecedented attempt to influence the bench and pervert justice” in the country. The president was visibly upset by the revelations and repeatedly denied knowledge of such harassment of of judges by the DSS.

Mr. Daura attempted to deny knowledge of such subterranean moves and claimed that the judges that were arrested, in what the secret police wrongly termed as “sting operation”, were corrupt. A claim which saw the CJN shout him down telling him to shut up and sit down.

After lambasting the secret police boss, Justice Mohammed proceeded to unreel instances in which Daura contacted judges handling the election petition cases claiming that ruling in favour of the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidates was “what President Buhari wanted”. [/b]Again, the president denies issuing such instructions.

[b]The CJN also revealed that the minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi offered the judges millions of dollars to overturn their ruling on the two election petitions. He said the honourable justices rebuffed Amaechi because they were hellbent on delivering a sound judgment on the cases which had been unduly sensationalised by politicians.

Justice Mohammed revealed that Amaechi also said that he was acting on the orders of the president and that in actual fact, the judges arrested over the weekend were those who refused to be corrupted by the DSS and Amaechi and insisted on preserving the independence and integrity of the bench

On this revelation, Buhari presented a disturbed contenance, our sources say. The president requested that the CJN puts down his position which we are reliably informed has been done.

Insiders revealed to The Trent that the climate in Aso Rock is unusually tense following the posture and damning revelations by the CJN.

There are whispers in the corridors that based on the gravity of the allegations against the DSS director and Amaechi, Buhari may let go of the duo to “clear his name from the embarrassing episode’, a top security source told our reporter.

Justice Mohammed went on to describe the DSS action as “very saddening”, “deeply regrettable” and a “distressing and unfortunate” incident when he later addressed the valedictory court session held in honour of a retiring Justice of the Supreme Court, Suleiman Galadima. The attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami was conspicuously absent at the event on Monday.

In the early hours of Saturday, October 8, 2016, operatives of the county’s secret police invaded the homes of a number of senior judges and abducted some of them from the homes under the guise of an anti-corruption battle.

“My lords, invited guests, ladies and gentlemen, not to detract from this occasion, it is indeed very saddening and deeply regrettable, the distressing and unfortunate incident which occurred on Friday, October 7 and Saturday, October 8, 2016,” Mohammed said at the valedictory court session held in honour of a retiring Justice of the Supreme Court, Suleiman Galadima

President Buhari appointed Lawal Daura, his kinsman from his hometown in Katsina on July 2, as head of the DSS after firing Ita Ekpeyong. Daura was recalled from retirement as he had retired from the service of the DSS when he reached the mandatory age of 60 according to the Civil Service rules of Nigeria. He is also a member of Buhari’s political party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and served on the security committee for Buhari’s presidential campaign.

While the election petitions were being heard at the courts, the INEC resident electoral commissioners (RECs) for Akwa Ibom, Austin Okojie, was detained and tortured for 13 days and his Rivers State counterpart, Gesila Khan , was also detained for two weeks by Nigeria’s secret police. The harassment, detention, and torture of electoral officials of the two oil rich states was reportedly connected with the interest of President Buhari in reclaiming electoral victory from main opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in those states.

None of the INEC officials detained by the DSS have been charged with any crime and the election petitions were eventually ruled in favour of the PDP by the Supreme Court.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/chief-justice-nigeria-confronts-buhari/

https://www.nairaland.com/3400745/chief-justice-nigeria-berates-buhari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by kcnwaigbo: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2016
Mohammed expressly accused the DSS DG of using the name of President Buhari in carrying out what he called an “unprecedented attempt to influence the bench and pervert justice” in the country. The president was visibly upset by the revelations and repeatedly denied knowledge of such harassment of of judges by the DSS.

Mr. Daura attempted to deny knowledge of such subterranean moves and claimed that the judges that were arrested, in what the secret police wrongly termed as “sting operation”, were corrupt. A claim which saw the CJN shout him down telling him to shut up and sit down
Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by kcnwaigbo: 8:05am On Oct 19, 2016
On this revelation, Buhari presented a disturbed contenance, our sources say. The president requested that the CJN puts down his position which we are reliably informed has been done.

Insiders revealed to The Trent that the climate in Aso Rock is unusually tense following the posture and damning revelations by the CJN.

There are whispers in the corridors that based on the gravity of the allegations against the DSS director and Amaechi, Buhari may let go of the duo to “clear his name from the embarrassing episode’, a top security source told our reporter
Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Luckylife(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Man of integrity indeed! No amount of deceit that can cover the truth from wise Nigerians but the world weep for zombies.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by kcnwaigbo: 8:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Luckylife:
Man of integrity indeed! No amount of deceit that can cover the truth from wise Nigerians but the world weep for zombies.

This is just the beginning.Am sure we will hear more in the coming days.I am still waiting to hear from Justices Ngwuta,Liman etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Kabashin: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

This is just the beginning.Am sure we will hear more in the coming days.I am still waiting to hear from Justices Ngwuta,Liman etc

They are still loading their protest letters. The zombies who were busy hating for blood have suddenly gone cold.

Silly set of human.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by kcnwaigbo: 8:16am On Oct 19, 2016
Kabashin:

They are still loading their protest letters. The zombies who were busy hating for blood have suddenly gone cold.

Silly set of human.

don't mind them.Even the mods here ignored the story when it first broke out.There are all now screaming "bring evidence" the same thing they discarded when they were crucifying the judges without evidence or hearing their own side of the story

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by vedaxcool(m): 8:20am On Oct 19, 2016
Trentonline has posted oya Aisha Buhari rice eaters and Jonathan butt kissers come out and play.

1 Like

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by udemejack(m): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2016
its very pathetic to discover that people who are supposed to be working against corruption are the same people who are fertilizing and nurturing it to grow..God bless Buhari for opening our eyes

3 Likes

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Bossontop(m): 8:22am On Oct 19, 2016
I would have expressed my feelings on the matter but i've already given up on this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Eden007(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2016
udemejack:
its very pathetic to discover that people who are supposed to be working against corruption are the same people who are fertilizing and nurturing it to grow..God bless Buhari for opening our eyes
Akwa ibom Man condemning your own before it is even proven. You should bury your head in shame. I know you are an ibibio man that doesn't like good things.

1 Like

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by otukpo(f): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2016
It has been drama since May 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by genearts(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2016
udemejack:
Thank God for Buhari honestly, we now know who the real enemies of Nigeria are. Smh for some people

3 Likes

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Kabashin: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2016
genearts:

Thank God for Buhari honestly, we now know who the real enemies of Nigeria are. Smh for some people

You mean Mamman Daura the defacto President. Una no get shame walahi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by genearts(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2016
Kabashin:

You mean Mamman Daura the defacto President. Una no get shame walahi.
No. I mean people like you.

4 Likes

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2016
God which party is telling the truth here

If yhu think it d CJN tap like... . If otherwise (DSS) tap share

7 Likes

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Kabashin: 8:42am On Oct 19, 2016
genearts:

No. I mean people like you.

You still don't have shame for been a sycophant to a man clearly not in charge. He will continue making your jobs too difficult to defend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by udemejack(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2016
Eden007:
Akwa ibom Man condemning your own before it is even proven. You should bury your head in shame. I know you are an ibibio man that doesn't like good things.
ikpa i can never support even my 'father' when he does something wrong just because he is my own....you should be the the one to bury your head in shame for knowing what is wrong and you keep on supporting it...i am disappointed in you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Eden007(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2016
udemejack:
ikpa i can never support even my 'father' when he does something wrong just because he is my own....you should be the the one to bury your head in shame for knowing what is wrong and you keep on supporting it...i am disappointed in you.
what wrong exactly has he done? Where are the evidence that he is corrupt?
Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by udemejack(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2016
Eden007:
what wrong exactly has he done? Where are the evidence that he is corrupt?
i did not refer my comment to anybody but everybody....but if you refer it to anyone i think your conscience has started battling with you and something is telling me that you are among those who backing that man who has milk my state treasury dry

3 Likes

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Kabashin: 8:56am On Oct 19, 2016
udemejack:
i did not refer my comment to anybody but everybody....but if you refer it to anyone i think your conscience has started battling with you

Da owo, no dey deceive ya self. You be APC Umana zombie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by genearts(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Kabashin:

You still don't have shame for been a sycophant to a man clearly not in charge. He will continue making your jobs too difficult to defend.
At least i'm better than an irredeemable lover and supporter of corruption like you. How much do these people pay sef, please don't tell me you are doing it for free.

6 Likes

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by udemejack(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2016
Kabashin:

Da owo, no dey deceive ya self. You be APC Umana zombie.
point of correction;i am non partisan,i only support good governance.

2 Likes

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Kabashin: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2016
genearts:

At least i'm better than an irredeemable lover and supporter of corruption like you. How much do there people pay sef, please don't tell me you are doing it for free.

A zombie like you can never be better than even a stone.
High rated and prominent zombies have all conceded that this admin is a failure pending when and if they correct their approach to governance. While low rated zombies like you are still stewing in ignorance.

Continu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by Kabashin: 9:06am On Oct 19, 2016
udemejack:

That's what zombies who are ashamed always say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by genearts(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2016
Kabashin:

A zombie like you can never be better than even a stone.
High rated and prominent zombies have all conceded that this admin is a failure pending when and if they correct their approach to governance. While low rated zombies like you are still stewing in ignorance.

Continu.

Lover of corruption, get out of my mentions. CEDE

1 Like

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by kcnwaigbo: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2016
genearts:

The same Buhari who sent the Amaechi to bribe Judges? The same Buhari who sent the DSS after the judges for refusing the bribe?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by udemejack(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2016
Kabashin:

That's what zombies who are ashamed always say.
and its a shame to realize that even when PDP have succeeded in making you their nairaland e-diot diplomat,you cant still defend in moments like this when they needed you the most
Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by udemejack(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The same Buhari who sent the Amaechi to bribe Judges? The same Buhari who sent the DSS after the judges for refusing the bribe?
get your facts right before you will come and cry tyranny here like Fayose your role model.
Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by kcnwaigbo: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2016
udemejack:

pathetic !!!!!!I wonder how some people reason
Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by bayelsaowei(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2016
vedaxcool:
Trentonline has posted oya Aisha Buhari rice eaters and Jonathan butt kissers come out and play.
grin

So you Don decamp from aishas rice eating camp..

Cheiiii...

Sorry e hear...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN Confronted Buhari Over Justice Okoro's Allegations by bayelsaowei(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2016
udemejack:
we Don hear this line tire...just quietly come out and support your preferred thief.... grin

You are allowed.... grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confimed : My Late Uncles WIFE Has Just Married A WIFE For His CORPSE.. / Video: Gov Wike Caught On Video Insulting Obaseki / After What I've Seen, It's Northern Votes That'll Shock People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.