Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,406 members, 7,901,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:14 AM

The River - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The River (38684 Views)

Romance On The River - Book Review / Cries From The River “nun” Poem, Dedicated To Gabriel Imomotimi Okara / Murica: My River Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2017
Mehn dis Lleigh sabi keep 2 her promise sha

nice one yet again ma'am

is it jxt me or is mali d gal found dead by dat in man at d beach

edward is a creepy old hag dat wnt end well

anyhow d story goes I FOLLOW STILL grin

PS: Since i came 2 join d crew on d river i havent gotten my own share of d pop corn o....or is it only d pretty ladies here dat are entitled to it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Adesina12: 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
Lleigh:

Adesina12 you want to Read the River by moonlight ..good luck wink

Why not?

I am still reading it

To comment latter.......Enjoy ma reading with ma popcorn
Re: The River by Tuhndhay(m): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2017
To think i was only invited to join this fiesta and interesting tale by "Riverside" at only the 17th Chapter breaks my heart...... Lleigh i see your handiwork,...... Baba, Edward, She, Durotimi, the 2 other kids!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by davspog2(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
Just when I was giving up on the literature section of Nairaland, I came across creeza and someone mentioned this story over there. I wasn't disappointed at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
Tuhndhay:
To think i was only invited to join this fiesta and interesting tale by "Riverside" at only the 17th Chapter breaks my heart...... Lleigh i see your handiwork,...... Baba, Edward, She, Durotimi, the 2 other kids!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tuhndhay please forgive me o, I beg
Re: The River by ladyverere(f): 9:27am On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh, U have got a serious talent in bringing out d dark and evil part of man. U captured it beautifully in ur works. And all of these U have made us understand, r fueled by dat age old emotion, GREED!

An uncle murdering his nephew out of greed no doubt.

My mother told us dat if U worship even a plastic cup on a daily basis and U spill blood to dat plastic cup it will give it power because by spilling blood U have invited a demon to inhabit dat cup. Chapter 1 of dis work is exactly like dat. Without spilling blood there is no spiritual power.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The River by Tuhndhay(m): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh:

Tuhndhay please forgive me o, I beg
On one condition,....... Hehehehehehehehehehe... You are forgiven dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by ladyverere(f): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
I think Edward and Durotimi aka Eliora are siblings. But where is the 3rd sibling? Kehinde, Taiwo and Idowu!
Well done Lleigh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
davspog2:
Just when I was giving up on the literature section of Nairaland, I came across creeza and someone mentioned this story over there. I wasn't disappointed at all.

Hi davspog2 thank you for such a glowing endorsement. I hope you stay and enjoy the rest of the story

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
ladyverere:
Lleigh, U have got a serious talent in bringing out d dark and evil part of man. U captured it beautifully in ur works. And all of these U have made us understand, r fueled by dat age old emotion, GREED!

An uncle murdering his nephew out of greed no doubt.

My mother told us dat if U worship even a plastic cup on a daily basis and U spill blood to dat plastic cup it will give it power because by spilling blood U have invited a demon to inhabit dat cup. Chapter 1 of dis work is exactly like dat. Without spilling blood there is no spiritual power.

Hi ladyverere
Your Mother is right. Greed isn't good.

Thank you for staying with my stories and you taking the time to comment
Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh bae...................... I dy feel u...................... U drop update u know even care u hala my name.

God dy watch u oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
Prinxxdave:
Lleigh bae...................... I dy feel u...................... U drop update u know even care u hala my name.

God d watch u oooo

Prinxxdave how could I have left you out. Please no vex

1 Like

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh:

Prinxxdave how could I have left you out. Please no vex

vex ke, i dy crazy...

I no sabi vex

i love your writing skills...................... U dy do Research before u write story ba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 12:47am On Jan 20, 2017
Chapter 18

cc swann, Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Lawlahdey, girlhaley, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,
DADDYSLY, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Zehner, itsandi, ROYH, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, Creeza, skarlett, bibijay123, debra101, samyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, yorhmienerd, obumsway, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, DarkRebel101, Babsopey, Angelinastto, skarlett, Chumzypinky, opal4real, Mobecs, latbas, biafraBushBoy, AndyAustin, kingsmith4, ladyverere, KunkeAkinola, rachealfst, mrsuccessful, JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane, Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, nastynic, orluuchi, brighttech95, DavidPaul, Tuhndhay, MozB, Kaycee625, Perfectionist11, otunbaphemie, Missmossy, skillz121, samwise180, Lastking147, richommie, nairaland94, suffy834, Prinxxdave, emmynku, aryan28, bossy512, sod09, rachealfst, nikz, BlissfulJef, ladySuperb, davspog2, TeleboiZ005, Michelle55, sunshine46,

Devine looked at Commander James, he was in shock.

If there had been flies in the room they would have flown directly into the gap his open mouth had created.

Wow!!

Some things started to fall into place.

He had always wondered why such a good looking girl like Eliora had ended up working in the Cold Case Unit in the middle of nowhere.

His initial thoughts had actually been that she must have seriously pissed someone off, for her to end up on a grave yard assignment such as the Cold Case Unit.

Not that he thought the work his unit did as unimportant, it just wasn’t as exciting as being on the front line of policing.

Chasing criminals on the streets of London, was definitely more exciting than thumbing through old case files, on an island that didn’t even have a decent coffee shop.

He found Eliora odd, the rest of the team would not even use the word odd. They said she made them feel uneasy, her eyes were very disconcerting.
When she looked at you they all said it was as if she was looking into their souls, he had laughed nervously at this whenever he heard it. But he knew what they were talking about, it was what he felt the first day he had met her.

She did not mix that much with the team; she spoke to them and said good morning, but she never instigated a conversation that did not pertain to a case she was working on.

The other thing everyone in the office found strange was how she had settled into that office. The haunted office; it was as if she did not notice anything strange going on in the room.

He had been annoyed that he had been told not asked to take on another officer. He had hoped that if the new person was put in the strange office where kicks and slaps could be felt but not seen; the person would leave and not come back.

He did feel a bit guilty; he had been expecting an older man. He was aware about the rumours regarding the office he had allocated to her, unfortunately Eliora had thrived in the place.

Without a doubt the woman called Eliora was strange.

Devine sighed under his breath.

Technically speaking, he hadn’t actually asked for the DNA profile to be run; that had been requested by John the pathologist.
However, he was accountable for the request as he was the head of the Cold Case Unit.

Devine looked towards John the pathologist, he stared back at him. Devine could tell he was feeling uncomfortable.

John held up his hands, ‘I was only doing my job. My job entails running DNA profiles for various officers, it was a routine request.’

‘Well sort of,’ John mumbled.

Devine and James both looked at John at the same time.

Devine asked, 'what do you mean sort of?'

‘Eliora asked me if I had access to other DNA databases, I said yes. We normally only run DNA profiles against the offender’s database.’

‘She asked me to widen the search and tap into all the databases I had access to’ he took his glasses off his face wiped them and put them back on.

‘I was only doing my job’ John said.

Devine looked at James, ‘Sir, whenever we get a new member on the team, we tell them to go over the cold files and see if they can add a new perspective to the file.’

John chipped in ‘it was while Eliora was evaluating the file that she asked me to run Child Peter’s DNA again. Especially once that young woman turned up on Sheerness beach.’

‘What woman?’ The Commander asked.

‘The torso of a woman turned up on Sheerness beach not too long ago. I called Devine, as I thought it was similar to the Child Peter case. Eliora turned up to look at the body. While I was examining the body she asked me to run the DNA of the unknown woman.’

'She wanted to see if there were any similarities.'

John continued, ‘I widened the search and also altered the parameters of the search’ he said quietly.

Commander James stared at John, ‘what parameters?’ he asked.

‘She told me to run a mitochondrial DNA profile in addition to what I would normally do. She reasoned child Peter would not have DNA on the database as he had been a child.’

‘I thought she was thinking along the lines of missing children, who have their DNA on file.’

‘I widened the search and went into a few other databases and the computer came up with a match.’

‘According to the computer results…’ a knock on the Commander’s door stopped John mid-flow.

A young man in police uniform put his head through the door.

‘Sorry to disturb your meeting Sir, the Home secretary is on line 1, she said it’s urgent’ he said, staring at James.

‘Ok, tell her to give me two minutes’, he said as he stood up from his desk.
James waited until the man closed the door and turned to John.

‘I have to wrap this up gentlemen, I need to get on the phone.’

‘John, what were you saying before Simon came in?’ James asked, as he stared at his phone.

John stood up and buttoned his jacket, he said ‘according to the results there is a 95% probability that the owner of the DNA profile I tried to access is Child Peter’s Mother’

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The River by Smooth278(m): 4:16am On Jan 20, 2017
Twists and turns... Nice that the updates have started coming once more... Keep em coming aii...

Meanwhile, why were they interested in her DNA ? Is it because of her perspective or is she related to the child that was found

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:43am On Jan 20, 2017
Smooth278:
Twists and turns... Nice that the updates have started coming once more... Keep em coming aii...

Meanwhile, why were they interested in her DNA ? Is it because of her perspective or is she related to the child that was found

Smooth278 thank you. Yes will be updating regularly going forward

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:05am On Jan 20, 2017
ladyverere:
I think Edward and Durotimi aka Eliora are siblings. But where is
the 3rd sibling? Kehinde, Taiwo and Idowu!

Well done Lleigh.

thank you ladyverere... my lips are sealed cheesy
Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2017
wow! the story is taking a whole new dimension o...wow wow wow...

oh and Lleigh please whatever u do dont make devine be d 2 sibling of eliora cos i know say e no go hard u do...i want them to have some sort of romance 2geda abeg....

Edward, Eliora and E____ are the 3 children...

anyhow sha i follow still

nice work ma'am grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Tuhndhay(m): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2017
I was actually right in my analysis.... Wow.... Claps excitedly but how does she intend to weave this intrigue.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,...... "Not a clue yet" i see Durotimi confronting the Baba and that "earth smell" or "Her"... Ifa is coming for you.... Sorry Lleigh *zips mouth*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2017
Woah, m so loving this...u r so talented ma,truth be told smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by ladyverere(f): 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ah ah. The plot thickens!
Pls keep it coming Lleigh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
wow! the story is taking a whole new dimension o...wow wow wow...

oh and Lleigh please whatever u do dont make devine be d 2 sibling of eliora cos i know say e no go hard u do...i want them to have some sort of romance 2geda abeg....

Edward, Eliora and E____ are the 3 children...

anyhow sha i follow still

nice work ma'am grin grin

samyfreshsmooth romance.....erm let me think about it cheesy

Thank you for following. . Enjoy that popcorn

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Tuhndhay:
I was actually right in my analysis.... Wow.... Claps excitedly but how does she intend to weave this intrigue.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,...... "Not a clue yet" i see Durotimi confronting the Baba and that "earth smell" or "Her"... Ifa is coming for you.... Sorry Lleigh *zips mouth*

Tuhndhay what is your analysis grin
You will have to wait and see

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
IemFava:
Woah, m so loving this...u r so talented ma,truth be told smiley

Hi IemFava thank you for your kind endorsement.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
ladyverere:
Ah ah. The plot thickens!

Pls keep it coming Lleigh.

ladyverere the plot does grin
Re: The River by Michelle55: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
thanks dearie for this wonderful update! Keep it coming bae

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by lord3plex(m): 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
they killed mother n child ?? hmmm

the twists and turns of this story is too much I just hope I don't get lost before it ends
Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lleigh:

samyfreshsmooth romance.....erm let me think about it cheesy

Thank you for following. . Enjoy that popcorn

hmmm abeg dont think about it o cos whenever i ask for favours from story writers and they use dat phrase "lemme think about it" they go ahead and do just the opposite of what i ask....so please dont thimk about just do it

and am begging to get tired of adesina's pop corns o....they all have the same taste...

i follow still though grin grin

1 Like

Re: The River by Adesina12: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

hmmm abeg dont think about it o cos whenever i ask for favours from story writers and they use dat phrase "lemme think about it" they go ahead and do just the opposite of what i ask....so please dont thimk about just do it

and am begging to get tired of adesina's pop corns o....they all have the same taste...

i follow still though grin grin

Thanks for your patronage bro.

We have about 99+ varieties of popcorn ...so there's no way you won't love em..the taste until you are 99years

We are the toast of all NL writers because our popcorn keep them glowing and going

Do you realize I have been banned for days for taking my popcorn everywhere I go on NL?

We are everywhere on NL....pls do mention me where you feel my absence.
Enjoy ya weekend bro.
Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adesina12:

We have about 99+ varieties of popcorn ...so there's no way you won't love em..the taste until you are 99years

We are the toast of all NL writers because our popcorn keep them glowing and going

Do you realize I have been banned for days for taking my popcorn everywhere I go on NL?

Enjoy ya weekend bro.
Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adesina12:

Enjoy ya weekend bro.

lol....dude u're super funny o and am so sorry for degrading ur pop corns...i had tasted jxt 6 flavours of ur pop corn so i assumed dats all the varieties u have.....i hope u'd b kind enough to let me taste the oda varieties grin grin
Re: The River by Adesina12: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Lleigh !!!

Where are you nah?

I beg bring it on...river by moonlight wink

I am missing you oooo bae

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Theory X--- A Crime Thriller / Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter / BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.