Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,391 members, 7,947,650 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen (885 Views)

Policemen Arrest SARS Operatives In Lagos (Photos) / Police AIG Summons Case Files Of Man Who Named His Dog ‘Buhari’ / Pulling Out Ceremony Of Joseph Mbu, Retired AIG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by KingRex1(m): 6:31am On Oct 20, 2016
Dan Bature, AIG of police in Zone 11 comprising Oyo, Osun and Ondo states, has warned policemen against checking vehicle particulars on the highways.
He said that the Inspector General of Police (IGP) was committed to changing the negative image of the police and supporting the anti-corruption war of the federal government.
He noted that a lot was expected by the public from the police, adding that this informed the monitoring of officers.
“The Inspector General of Police is determined to improve on your welfare and pursue the increment of your salary.
“But this can only be achieved when the people have good perception about the police,” Bature said.

Bature also advised officers unable to key into the laudable initiatives of the IGP to resign from the force.
This comes even as he warned policemen against blocking high ways, saying police patrol vehicles were not supposed to be toll gates.

Speaking earlier, Sam Adegbuyi, the Oyo state commissioner of police, said that the officers were dedicated and patriotic.

Meanwhile, IGP Ibrahim Idris recently reacted to the report by Amnesty International, which accused a special Nigerian police unit set up to combat crimes, of torturing detainees in its custody as a means of extracting confessions and lucrative bribes.
In an interview with Al Jazeera, IGP Ibrahim Idris denied all the allegations.

“Nigeria Police Force condemn in all its entity every element of torture in the conduct of police operations in this country,” he said.

He added: “And we have units on the ground to check some of these excesses.”
https://www.naij.com/1014888-duty-not-check-vehicle-particulars-aig-warns-policemen.html?
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by ezechueze(m): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2016
OK
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by nrexzy: 6:47am On Oct 20, 2016
I'm sure gonna rebel any police man that ask for my particulars cheesy grin grin
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by KingRex1(m): 7:01am On Oct 20, 2016
nrexzy:
I'm sure gonna rebel any police man that ask for my particulars cheesy grin grin
All these lagos policemen? Hope u get better lawyer.
Lalasticlala
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by sarrki(m): 7:04am On Oct 20, 2016
Oga AIG

To your Boyz on the field

You are singing a lord song in a strange land
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by Sensie(f): 7:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Them go hear?
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by columbus007(m): 7:11am On Oct 20, 2016
I think they should also focus more on the matter regarding the extra judicial killing to be there almost priority too,as so many families they where meant to protect have been gone with their with their Guns undecided
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by Moreoffaith(m): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2016
Lagos police go even ask how much fuel you buy for your car, so prepare for any question when they ask u to pull over.
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by Feranchek(m): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2016
Sensie:
Them go hear?

Dem batter hear ooo, cos I no even dey take am easy with dem before talkless of now wey dia oga don talk.

Buh I like my Surulere police, they usually come like this "big bro how far? We no wan check anything actually. Our vehicle breakdown cos fuel finish. Help us with anything abeg" grin grin
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by Sensie(f): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2016
Feranchek:

Dem batter hear ooo, cos I no even dey take am easy with dem before talkless of now wey dia oga don talk.

Buh I like my Surulere police, they usually come like this "big bro how far? We no wan check anything actually. Our vehicle breakdown cos fuel finish. Help us with anything abeg" grin grin

Lol. Nigerian police!!!
The worst set of policemen to fall into their hands is the northern policemen #lipssealed
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by BossKratos: 7:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Herdsmen, kidnappers and robbers will be butchering innocent citizens all over the place and this gremlins are more concerned with checking vehicle particulars that is not part of their remit?

E don tay wey naija police dey misplace their priorities sha......
Re: Your Duty Isn't To Check Vehicle Particulars – AIG To Policemen by tuzeriouz(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2016
Policemen plus checking of vehicle particulars are similar to Bob M. dreadlocks. You can't stop police from checking because they account for such monies to the IG through the AIG

(1) (Reply)

This Administration Has A Clear Northern Agenda / APC Crisis Extends To Its UK Branch / Life Abroad/life In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.