Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,404 members, 7,950,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. (38061 Views)

How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” / How To Answer The “tell Me About Yourself” Interview Question / 7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by pweetixandy: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2016
yy
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by Skimpledawg(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2016
zubby29:
thank you for this write-up. I did exactly what you said here a week ago when I went for an interview but 1 of d director said I should start with my primary school qlf tru university when answering the question I was shocked. it's all about favor wen job hunting. though I got d bcozbcozbcozthe I quickly read him and what he wanted. one secret I have learned from interviews is don't make dem allow you to be nervous. make dem feel u r ahead of dem in dat field
This is so true. Just this Monday I was in an interview and after the "tell me about yourself" thing, I was asked what can I offer the organization? The question was so direct and at
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by opson2016(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2016
Good one. But answering that question depends on the position you applied for.

For instance, you applied for Sales Rep and you're asked "tell us about yourself."

Let see the likely response...

I'm Goodnews Brown with a degree in marketing.

I'm self motivated: set goals for myself and work towards them to ensure I achieve at least 99% if not all. It's through that man makes significant progress.

And that's number 1 thing in sales and marketing.

What're the strategies needed to get to my potential buyers?

How do I retain them and win their hearts?

These are some of the questions I work on when implementing sales.

I can go on and on

One good thing about this is that you'll be able to indirectly shift the point of question to something you know better. That's one.

Second, your potential employer will be anxious to know how you'll add value to his company.

Remember, he's not 100% interested in your degree at the point of interview, rather your ability and zeal to turn around his company positively.

Things to avoid while answering question like this:

Don't dwell too much on your academics or interests. He's already gone through your cv.

Don't look down. if they're up to five or more, once you start talking, look into the eyes of each of them at intervals. Don't ignore any of them.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by Bazinga(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2016
adesewa4uyahoo:
#teamselfemployed..... I hate interviews ehn....

I used to, but not until I studied all the interview threads on nairaland, and prepared my cv very well and prepared my answers to all the questions, memorized everything, then went for diamond bank interview. Guess what, I passed and am now a diamond bank staff.
Customer service

1 Like

Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2016
Bazinga:

I used to, but not until I studied all the interview threads on nairaland, and prepared my cv very well and prepared my answers to all the questions, memorized everything, then went for diamond bank interview. Guess what, I passed and am now a diamond bank staff.
Customer service
awww that's cool... Nairaland is a good site.... Don't mind me I just feel these employers are sometimes partial ni..
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by Bigii(m): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2016
You just come scatter my head say u the give me interview tips angry
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by Vokians(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2016
GoldenJAT:
the question wasn't answered!!...Op was just beating around d bush... rules differ from organization 2 organisation.
You are on point bro. The Op was really beating around the bush. I was expecting to read a straigth forward answer.
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by GindoX(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Gracias!

How can u quote a long text only for you to write just less than 8 letters word? grin
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by rajidestiny(m): 11:39am On Oct 22, 2016
Hummm. Isorit. sad
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
GindoX:

How can u quote a long text only for you to write just less than 8 letters word? grin

Unless I don't get ya, you actually want me to write a textbook to show my gratitude?
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by ola4shaki: 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2016
Bro i see uuu
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by Wealthcommando(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
zubby29:
thank you for this write-up. I did exactly what you said here a week ago when I went for an interview but 1 of d director said I should start with my primary school qlf tru university when answering the question I was shocked. it's all about favor wen job hunting. though I got d job bcoz I quickly read him and what he wanted. one secret I have learned from interviews is don't make dem allow you to be nervous. make dem feel u r ahead of dem in dat field

congratulations!!! How has your new job being?
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by lilliesboy(m): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
Copy-and-paste error.
Re: How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. by lonelydora: 4:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Yehman:
OK naa.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

CEO of the company. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard / Glo Nigeria Limited Business Development Executive Position / AAUA Recruitment CBT Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.