Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,187 members, 7,907,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:52 AM

We Must Go Back To Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / We Must Go Back To Agriculture (881 Views)

Join Farmers Group For Free Articles And Content Related To Agriculture / Advise To Agriculture Add Meat Processing To It Is Profitable Check This / Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Amen02(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
We have been talking about diving into Agriculture right from when the 'change agenda' came in. We have discovered that agriculture is the way out of this economic recession. But the question is what step have been taken to facilitate the 'going back to Agriculture'
I discovered that the number one problem that counter the move is DISUNITY. if we can overcome this problem then we are good to go. For this nation to get to the realm of 'agriculture of old' and even to surpass it, every citizen must participate, regardless of various fields of study or specialization. If we can stand on one motion, then we are ready to bring about the change.
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Mustack: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Seconded
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Johncuppa(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thirded!
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Johncuppa(m): 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thirded!
I don't understand, my agric graduate friends are still rushing for Msc instead while I've started without any background in agric. Egg is now like gold even company are in demand for it yet people are still not seeing it.
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Mustack: 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Johncuppa:
Thirded!
I don't understand, my agric graduate friends are still rushing for Msc instead while I've started without any background in agric. Egg is now like gold even company are in demand for it yet people are still not seeing it.
Hmmm as an accountant about to serve this year I have seen it in 3D. An planing to start it during my service

2 Likes

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Arvinkris(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
It's not a 'Must' please. If all of us come farmers who go be buyer. If u don't have passion for agriculture please don't bother doing it cos u will get frustrated
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Mustack: 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
Arvinkris:
It's not a 'Must' please. If all of us come farmers who go be buyer. If u don't have passion for agriculture please don't bother doing it cos u will get frustrated
Yes its a passionate thing but buyer is already available.
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Amen02(m): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
We have to come to the level at which an average man should be able to feed himself and his family. I'm not saying everybody should become farmers but that everyone should become a 'planter' and not only a consumer. We should be able to think when there are problem, what are the way out? What can I do to counter the effect of this change?

For example, my dad is medical doctor and mum is a nurse, and yet we have have a family type 'mini poultry' inside the compound of our house and little Plantation of vegetables and rearing of snails inside the same compound. We produce these ourselves, so therefore, these are out of my mum's budget anytime she is going to the market
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture by Mustack: 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
Amen02:
We have to come to the level at which an average man should be able to feed himself and his family. I'm not saying everybody should become farmers but that everyone should become a 'planter' and not only a consumer. We should be able to think when there are problem, what are the way out? What can I do to counter the effect of this change?

For example, my dad is medical doctor and mum is a nurse, and yet we have have a family type 'mini poultry' inside the compound of our house and little Plantation of vegetables and rearing of snails inside the same compound. We produce these ourselves, so therefore, these are out of my mum's budget anytime she is going to the market
The way you think is just excectly the way am thing.. To tell you I finish as an account this year hoping for service same year but all my orientation is not directly to that line.. I have brother and sis already acquired or trying to acquire one or two profession but everyone must eat..
Same goes to everyone pursuing carriers but they forget we must eat something in which a lot of ppl fail to realise it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unlimited Supply Of Moringa Leaf Needed... / Any Agricultural Land Available For Sale In Ilorin, Kwara / Anyone Interested In Buying Cassava?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.