Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,139 members, 7,949,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu (779 Views)

Amaechi Responds To Justice Ngwuta's Allegations / Justice Ngwuta Accuses Amaechi Of Begging Him Over Fayose's Removal / SSS Releases Justice Ngwuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by sharpden: 7:25am On Oct 22, 2016
THE Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu yesterday reacted to the allegation by one of the two embattled Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Justice Sylvester Ngwuta in his petition addressed to the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman of the National Judicial Council, that the All Progressives Congress (APC) leader approached him to pervert justice in the 2015 Ebonyi State governorship election appeal.

The former Abia State governor, who hails from the same part of Ebonyi with Ngwuta distanced himself from the current travails of the judicial officer, saying that he did not offer him bribe.

Onu did not however, mention whether he had any communication with the judge in order to seek favour for the Labour Party gubernatorial candidate as alleged‎ by the petitioner.

He no doubt agreed that he has known Ngwuta for almost 30 years, stressing that he felt for him in this trying period of his career life.

Onu in a statement he issued noted that he has laboured hard with other compatriots to strengthen the depth and reach of participatory democracy in our beloved country.

In doing so, he said, “I am conscious of the essence of the rule of law as a vital component of true and enduring democracy and the important need to treasure, protect and defend it at all times.  Even as a student, teacher, engineer and administrator, I have always worked tirelessly to uphold the rule of law.”

Continuing, he said, “let me affirm that I did not offer Hon. Justice Sylvester Ngwuta or any other judge for that matter bribe to influence judicial proceeding at any time.

“I am astonished that Justice Ngwuta made such statements against my humble self, especially considering that he is my brother, friend and long standing associate of almost three decades.

“I wish to make it clear that I know Hon. Justice Sylvester Nwali Ngwuta, both of us having come from the same old Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.  Our relationship has been that of mutual respect for one another over the years.”

“I have always been a builder, not a destroyer, a man of peace, honour and justice and shall remain so.

“I believe in honour as a strong attribute that has guided me throughout my more than 25 years old career in public service.  I have not changed.  And I will never change.  I wish to reassure Hon. Justice Sylvester Nwali Ngwuta that regardless of the circumstance, my heart goes out to him, especially at this challenging time of his career as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.”

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/i-did-not-offer-bribe-to-justice-ngwuta-onu/

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2016
This is one man I can always trust cool

Tho I'm not saying he's not corrupt tho
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by yeyeboi(m): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Ok
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by sharpden: 7:28am On Oct 22, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by psucc(m): 7:34am On Oct 22, 2016
And Ngwuta said you sent for him and he visited your house in company if a court registrar.

Onu of today is not and can never be the ONU of yesterday. If Osinbajo, a renown Pastor could be compromised to the extent he now talks 20 to a dozen, then Onu can't be immune to the APC bug.
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by niceprof: 7:39am On Oct 22, 2016
If the Judges are saying there is a communication,the mobile phone operators can help in providing the transcripts of such calls to lay all these to rest,but in all sincerity,i believe neither the Judges nor Amechi and Onu are guiltless.The main reason this case will die a natural death like others.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by Mujaheeeden: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2016
Onu don't mind anyone because you are under the umbrella so you are covered.

You and Amaechi would have resigned now in developed societies rather you are busy writing rebuttals

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by ouzo1(m): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2016
Nairaland make una bear me witness o,na 50 naira igbo wey I d smoke for uncompleted building na im police the find me like say I join share dasuki loot...
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by mazifrankmore: 7:44am On Oct 22, 2016
If this were to be an advanced country,we won't be here arguing about who is lying or not because,DSS could have just track their communication.

But,trust me DSS will never try this knowing fully well that this will expose this fraud government.
How I wish these judge's have CCTV in their houses.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by nzeobi(m): 7:45am On Oct 22, 2016
You did not offer him bribe but wanted judgement to favour your camp. angry

Anyway sha let's enjoy the show.
Since the judges were accused on newspapers let them also put their own part of the story on newspapers till the case gets to court. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by Nazacent: 7:45am On Oct 22, 2016
100 likes! Today is my birthday.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by BossKratos: 7:50am On Oct 22, 2016
See him smile for that pic sef?

He looks like someone who just successfully got another person to collect his bribe!

cheesy
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by yjgm(m): 7:55am On Oct 22, 2016
I believe you
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by Kingsley10000: 8:13am On Oct 22, 2016
these judges are confused....from amaechi to onu next now is ngige...............Buhari should send them to jail
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by Princy13: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2016
Onu did not however, mention whether he had any communication with the judge in order to seek favour for the Labour Party gubernatorial candidate as alleged‎ by the petitioner.
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by matamaros: 8:53am On Oct 22, 2016
THE JUSTICE IS LOOKING FOR WHO WILL GO DOWN WITH HIM. UNFORTUNATELY HE CHOOSE HIS KINSMAN. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM THE TRIBE OF HATE
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2016
onu confess and resign
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by viktagorion: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2016
I verily believe Onu, he has a track record of honesty, incorruptibility and fidelity.

Drowning Ngwuta is hanging on straws in a desperate bid to stay afloat.

He will say anything,the CJN will soon disown him.

It's time to judge the judges that have abused their office and found wanting.

#judgethejudge
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by psucc(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
these judges are confused....from amaechi to onu next now is ngige...............Buhari should send them to jail
Just like that?

Then let's start from Buhari who has no certificate but lied on affidavit that it is with the army.

Followed by Amaechi, then Fashola before the judges.
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2016
mazifrankmore:
If this were to be an advanced country,we won't be here arguing about who is lying or not because,DSS could have just track their communication.

But,trust me DSS will never try this knowing fully well that this will expose this fraud government.
How I wish these judge's have CCTV in their houses.

You are wrong. Even in advanced country like United State FBI and CIA are useless when some political heavy weight is involve. If not Hillary Clinton wont be contesting as president despite all the damning revelations.
Re: I Did Not Offer Bribe To Justice Ngwuta - Onu by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2016
What d Judges are simply saying is that he collected bribe from PDP members and refuse to collect from APC members. It is as simple as that.

The Judges are clearly guilty of taking Bribe.

I also believe they were actually approached by APC members to influence the outcome. But the Judges were Pro PDP in heart and chose to collect bribe from PDP members that aproach them instead.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Officially Declares 46 Soldiers Missing / Fashola Laments Community Use Of Charms To Chase Away Contractors In Akwa Ibom / Buhari Is Not The Messiah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.