Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,398 members, 7,901,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:08 PM

Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi (814 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by abila122: 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2016

Nigeria’s renowned economist and financial expert, Professor Pat Utomi, has attributed the present economic recession to the “bad behaviour” of previous governments, Daily Post reports.
The renowned political economist noted that Nigerian leaders are lazy and many are in the position of authority but are not leaders.

He stated that every government appears to be worse than the one before it and that there is the dearth of leadership values among political elites.Utomi said: “Nigeria inflicted recession on itself through the bad behaviour of previous governments. It was the result of an elite that is too lazy to restructure the economy. Our leaders are lazy and they always want the oil price to rise.”

He challenged the youth not to emulate the present crop of “mentally lazy elite that are not ready to build their country.”

“We are in dire need of leaders with a sense of service towards others and contribution to the Society. Nigeria is a paradox of progressive degeneration. Every government is worse that the one before it because we have not refused to learn,” he said.
Utomi, had earlier said that Lagos state is a crucial catalyst if Nigeria’s economy is to witness a turn around for the better.

The former presidential candidate said there were a lot of lessons to be learnt from the Lagos economy, which according to him, is largely driven by it’s huge investment in infrastructure, vibrant tax collection strategy and an enabling environment for businesses to thrive with less dependence on oil revenue.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/10/22/recession-is-a-result-of-nigerias-bad-leaders-pat-utomi/

2 Likes

Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by yeyeboi(m): 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
Utomi is also one of the bad leaders
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by talktonase(m): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
And so what has the recent govt don about it...
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Kingsley10000: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
its apparent the corruption and massive looting of funds orchestrated by pdp for the past 16yrs is what led us to this economic leaching ...alas,Nigerians hate being told the truth

4 Likes

Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Kingsley10000: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
unfortunately some prejudicative wailer will call pat utomi a zombie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Baawaa(m): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
From Obasanjo downward,yes!
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by hungryboy(m): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
its apparent the corruption and massive looting of funds orchestrated by pdp for the past 16yrs is what led us to this economic leaching ...alas,Nigerians hate being told the truth
Your truth is not my truth,
I hate being told your truth, but I love being told my truth,
And here is my truth,
The Dullard grandpa is a confused mammal who is responsible for what we are going through
Even his wife will agree with my truth
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Emmaoga: 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Utomi is also one of the bad leaders

the way people reason with their nose baffles me.

the man said what he feels is right

we know he is one of the past leaders and you now labelled him Bad Leader.

just get the message and move on instead of attacking the messenger.

Are you a Saint?.

2 Likes

Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by juman(m): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
Baawaa:
From Obasanjo downward,yes!

nigeria never had a good leader.
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Kingsley10000: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
how I wish we can implement capital punishment for our office holders.....ghana once did it,now most asian super nations are doing it now
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Jesusloveyou: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2016
This stupid pat should park one side, he is not bright enough to work in this govt, he is not consistent in economics policies, [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Jesusloveyou: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
hungryboy:

Your truth is not my truth,
I hate being told your truth, but I love being told my truth,
And here is my truth,
The Dullard grandpa is a confused mammal who is responsible for what we are going through
Even his wife will agree with my truth
because the dullardiho is not stealing money, that's why we are in recession

2 Likes

Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Kingsley10000: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
wailers where thou are lol
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Donshegxy10(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
you make sense. . .
we thought you would be one of the ministers to be appointed by president President Buhari!!

1 Like

Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by Kingsley10000: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
Donshegxy10:
you make sense. . .
we thought you would be one of the ministers to be appointed by president President Buhari!!
he is more competent than our finance minister
Re: Recession Is A Result Of Nigeria’s Bad Leaders – Pat Utomi by RALPHOW(m): 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2016
The greatest mistake of this government is that Pat Utomi is not appointed as the Minister of Finance.
Though I love Buhari and Kemi Adeosun because of their sincerity
but both do not have required experience to manage the economy of this country.
The economy is too big for kemi Adeosun experience.
GMB please it is not too late, Move Kemi Adeosun to another ministry
and appoint Prof Pat Utomi as the Minister of Finance if truly you love Nigeria.
The suffering is too much please and please
We are happy about your anti corruption and war against terrorists but you need Pat Utomi now.
God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Full Speech Of Goodluck Jonathan In Oxford University (video) / Nigerians react on Twitter: Time For Wole Soyinka To Tear His Green Card / Petrol Should Sell At N70 Per Litre - Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.