Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:27 AM

Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? (3040 Views)

Host Gator Hacked / Zenith Bank Websurfer And Godaddy, Have You Tried It? / Host Gator Coupons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2009
Hi,
Any Nigerian ever tried hostgator? What payment method did you use to register? I plan to get a zenithbank web surfer card to use to register for it. Any pros and cons about their service? Thanks.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Quam1(m): 12:36am On Oct 30, 2009
I actually worked for hostgator while in college and I also host my sites with them, I host over 20 sites with them, so I am really satisfied with them.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by olutope200: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
cool I use hostmonster. Been using it for a year now. Based in US. accepts mastercard from Nigeria. I'll suggest GTB mastercard. 1 main account to host up to 1000 sub accounts(websites) dat is u can help others host websites for pple using you main account. very reliable and cheap. check http://www.HostMonster.Com/track/olutope for details
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by yawatide(f): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2009
I use hostmonster as well and they have exceptional customer service, which is why I have stuck with them since 2005. My only "problem" with them is that if you create a domain for a client (and this maybe because my account is "old" or maybe it's my package), and I know this cos I have asked as recently as less than a month ago, that client will not have their own cPanel. At best, they will have FTP access to the folder you create for them. In other words, if for example, they wanted to install joomla on their account, they would still have to go through you.

To this effect, if I as much as suspect that a client could pose a problem, I will recommend that they get their own full-fledged (hostmonster cool) account as opposed to them staying under my plan.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by TechPros(m): 1:16am On Oct 31, 2009
Yes yawa, one of the reason i dont see myself using hostmonster
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by sholyboy89: 6:43am On Nov 02, 2009
Hostgator is one of the best hosting services in the world
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by lagoshost(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2009
Hostgator is good but don't becare what you do with your account as they will suspended anytime they have abuse report.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Afam4eva(m): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
Hostgator is one of the best web hosting companies the world over. They have one of the best host review on the internet, infact i've never come across a bad review about them.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by agboifo(f): 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2009
I agree, you won't go wrong using Hostgator.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 10, 2009
There's such thing as host Gator?

Wow, is we popular nationwide or what? tongue
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by mamagee3(f): 2:15am On Dec 10, 2009
Tried what? undecided
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by beninman1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
I used hostgator to host my sites and i am impressed.
Had no probs so far
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by 212blaze(m): 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2009
why dont you guys just host with nigerian webhosting companies.isnt it less cumbersome??
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by yawatide(f): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2009
mic check 1-2-1-2, mic check 1-2-1-2  tongue

One word (and I am speaking in general, based on numerous threads about this on this board): reliability.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by 212blaze(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2009
I just checked out the host gator and they are really good but i also checked out one hostbite and they also look really good and reliable.I think everyone should check it out

http://www.affbot3.com/link-dd1a5705dd1b570308050d00510f0d505703595d4c400c014b5c450b0101420208005e41575c520002?plan=952
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by derk(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2009
they have excellence service, i speak from experience as i have a web hosting reseller account wth them and i have got no beefs with them.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2010
trying to use my Intercontinental bank issued Visacard to pay for Baby Package Type hosting service with hostgator, and got this feedback:

The following errors need to be corrected before signing up:

* We were unable to process your credit card. Our merchant processor replied with:
This transaction has been declined.
* Your reference number is 29********

don't know if i did something wrong, so trying to check up on things/do my research and try again, but anyone with any advice?
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2010
just spoke to a few friends and subsequently chatted with their customer care people.
might have to first contact sales@hostgator.com with issue along with sending scanned Visa card and your International passport

anyways this guy offers excellent advice: http://www.strictlyonlinebiz.com/blog/cheap-web-hosting-with-unlimited-disk-space-and-unlimited-bandwidth
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2010
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by oddworldstranger(m): 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
Host gator is a very good and reliable hosting company, so many recommendation has been made concerning them.

you can always give it a try if not satisfied, then move on to another hosting company, but am pretty sure you will not be disappointed.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by ThatBoy: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
i registered with hostgator but they asked for intl passport and copy of my scanned credit card. I sent them my intl pp and cc, which is virtual card from zenith bank, but they said my name must be on it. after everything it didnt work out.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Seton(m): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2010
@ThatBoy

What i will suggest you do is to contact, the sales and the billing dept, they will help you out. One of my trainees had the same experience. Maybe you can try and use wired transfer, while you sort every other things out.

I had the same experience with hostgator in Feb 2008 when i registered for their reseller web hosting with my zenith websurfer which was initially rejected and later accepted after satisfying all their conditions. i have been using the websurfer to pay for my renewal ever since.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by BidzaMoyo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2010
I have used Hostgator in the past and this is what I think. Probably one of the best hosting companies out there. Pricing is very reasonable and downtime is very rare. Also good customer service. The best thing about Hostgator is that they give you a 45 day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied. So you can not possibly go wrong.

You might want to check out the following review on the top 10 hosting companies;  Top 10 web hosting companies
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by mcfranc(m): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2010
I have been using HostGator for a long time and have rarely recorded any dissatisfaction. I am impressed with their customer care services especially their online chatting, it has really helped me in solving my client issues at times when it matters most. Meanwhile there are still other hosting companies that i use that are as reliable as the aforementioned.
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by oddworldstranger(m): 2:57am On Apr 12, 2010
Hostgator is a very good hosting company, there is alot of good reviews about them, and i know alot of people using their service.
So give them a try,
All the best
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by oddworldstranger(m): 2:59am On Apr 12, 2010
Hostgator is a very good hosting company, there is alot of good reviews about them, and i know alot of people using their service.
So give them a try,
All the best
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by easycoolxyz: 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2010
No need to be afraid host gator is a wonderfull hosting company
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Okponee: 4:53am On May 01, 2010
Hi all! I really like this . Pls can someone help me out on these issues: 1- after getting my reseller package from hostgator, how can I install payment options like interswitch for ATM payment, Liberty Reserve etc to receive payment on my site in addition to paypal and visacard. 2- apart from Hostgator, which other reliable hosting provider offers reseller package that goes with a free domain? name?
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:52pm On May 01, 2010
well that puts my mind at ease. I was worried because some consultant (against my wishes) used HostGator for a client's website and i was furious to say the least, but he kept on about how good and reliable they were. so i guess the comments here have confirmed it somewhat
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by Okponee: 6:42pm On May 04, 2010
Pls someone should help me out. If someone gets a web hosting reseller package from hostgator, can he integrate it with interswitch to receive payment via ATM?
Re: Host Gator - Anyone Ever Tried It? by DualCore1: 7:54am On May 05, 2010
Okponee:

Pls someone should help me out. If someone gets a web hosting reseller package from hostgator, can he integrate it with interswitch to receive payment via ATM?
I understand you get a WHMCS license along with your reseller pack from HG.
Ever heard of CashEnvoy? Its a payment system like some others out there which allows you to receive payments from your visitors using their Interswitch ATM cards. If accept CachEnvoy on your site, customers who choose that payment method will be directed to the cashenvoy site during order for them to fund their account using the ATM cards, once account is funded, they can then use the funds in their account to make payment on your site. The money paid wiill be sent to your CashEnvoy merchant account and it can be transfered to your bank account on your request smiley

If you get a Reseller account from HG or anywhere else and you run WHMCS as your billing system, I can write and integrate payment gateways for you.
I will charge you on a per hourly or per gateway basis.

One more thing I can do is build your site to be tied seamlessly to your billing system. It doesnt feel nice to see a nice site and a nice billing system, yet both of them are so different in layout, in most cases when you hit /billing or /clients e.t.c its a totally different interface. I could show you sites I have built like that.

I have to tell you this straight up though I am not cheap but I am affordable. My charges are best-fit to the job and are non-negotiable.
Check my site in my signature for my contact details smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Over 900 Millions Email List Of Active Citizens Worldwide To Send Blog Post / Please How Do I Pay For An Ad On Facebook / My Blog Theme Doesn't Show My Pictures, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.