Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,188 members, 7,880,705 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

Wizkid Wins MAMA Artist Of The Year, Linda Ikeji Loses Personality Of The Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Wins MAMA Artist Of The Year, Linda Ikeji Loses Personality Of The Year (716 Views)

Wizkid Wins BET "Best African International Act" Award / Wizkid Wins 3 Billboard Music Awards And Counting, Checkout Full List / Caster Semenya Beats Wizkid & Linda Ikeji To Win MAMA Personality Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Wins MAMA Artist Of The Year, Linda Ikeji Loses Personality Of The Year by Towncrier247: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
Nigerian superstar, Wizkid was the highest winner at the just concluded 2016 MTV Music Award in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Having won the ‘Best Male‘ category, Wizkid also smiled home with the biggest award of the night ‘Artiste of The year’.

Wizkid won the award ahead of fellow nominees, Black Coffee (South Africa), Diamond (Tanzania), Sauti Sol (Kenya) and Yemi Alade (Nigeria).

In his acceptance speech, Wizkid said, ‘I want to say a big thank you to God, my fans and my family Sunday Are, Jada, Famo, R2Bees. Team Wizkid this is for you’.

Interestingly, Linda Ikeji who had a heated war with the artist earlier in the year, and was also nominated with him in the "Personality OfnThe Year" category did not win as Caster Semenya from South Africa snatched the awrd from them. See the fulll list below...

Artist Of The Year — Wizkid

Best Male Act — Wizkid

Best Female — Yemi Alade

Song Of The Year — “My Woman, My Everything” – Patoranking feat. Wande Coal (Nigeria)

Best Live Act — Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)

Best HipHop — EMTEE

Best International Act — Drake

Personality Of The Year — Caster Semenya

Best Pop — Shekhinah & Kyle Deutsch

Best Group — Sauti Sol

Legend Award — Hugh Masekela

Best Francophone — Serge Beynaud

Best Lusophone — C4 Pedro

Listeners Choice Award — Jah Prayzah

Best Collaboration — Dj Maphorsia ft. Wizkid & Dj Buckz – Soweto Baby

Video Of The Year — “Niquer Ma Vie” – Youssoupha (Congo) – Director: Antony Abdelli & Jose Eon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wins MAMA Artist Of The Year, Linda Ikeji Loses Personality Of The Year by Towncrier247: 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
. More
Re: Wizkid Wins MAMA Artist Of The Year, Linda Ikeji Loses Personality Of The Year by chibatov(m): 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2016

Re: Wizkid Wins MAMA Artist Of The Year, Linda Ikeji Loses Personality Of The Year by funkymoore: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2016
Congrats to wizzy .

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown Furious At Fling Cydney Christine For Cheating? See His Emotional Po / Actress Bimbo Thomas Ends Maternity Leave, Returns To Nigeria / One Word For Them!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.