Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,196 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:40 AM

How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? (1063 Views)

Sansa Of Tife Sexual Abuse Allegations Gets Married / How Much Should A Lady Earn Before Considering Marriage / Man Surprises Girlfriend With Food, Wine As She Gets Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by alfredfrddy(m): 7:06am On Oct 23, 2016
I read here on nairaland last week, the reactions of ladies to a thread which asked if they could marry a man who earns #50,000 per month. Many ladies argued that they can't but never stated how much they think they should earn themselves.
There are married men who earn far less than that but are still living comfortably with their families whereas others earn more but are never satisfied with it.
So, how much do you think a lady should earn before getting into marriage?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Cutehector(m): 7:12am On Oct 23, 2016
All I know is that I won't marry a lady who isn't a graduate.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Doctorfitz: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2016
Lols,so many aren't planning on working talkless earning..that's y they 4got to speak bou it

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Jenny1010(f): 7:13am On Oct 23, 2016
alfredfrddy:
I read here on nairaland last week, the reactions of ladies to a thread which asked if they could marry a man who earns #50,000 per month. Many ladies argued that they can't but never stated how much they think they should earn themselves.
There are married men who earn far less than that but are still living comfortably with their families whereas others earn more but are never satisfied with it.
So, how much do you think a lady should earn before getting into marriage?

As much as possible.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by dnwabz: 7:28am On Oct 23, 2016
A woman who doesnt have anything to earn a living no matter how small is a LIABILITY

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by nmreports: 7:31am On Oct 23, 2016
What sorta question is this for Christ sake.
Sorry Op for saying that.
How much should a potential wife make.

Maybe she should at least have a skill.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by saintkel(m): 7:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Any lady who can't marry a man dat earns 50k in dis change era is just greedy n not fit for marriage. Marriage aint abt money ist n foremost, its abt love, dreams n maturity. Money comes in mind when d above r ist taken to consideration
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by EyeofHorus: 7:52am On Oct 23, 2016
10 million naira only
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 23, 2016
i can't marry a non graduate oo
And as hell i can't marry a jobless woman undecided
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 23, 2016
it depends on the type of woman u want to marry, if a woman truely loves you, 50k is enough buh she should also be working, i will advise men not to marry stingy woman, even if she earns 1 million she will frustrate u to bring money for food even if u don't have, u gonna borrow because if a woman used her money to feed u my brother u have became her slave, u dare not make noise in public or else she will disgrace u

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Frankraj: 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
[quote author=Cutehector post=50433437]All I know is that I won't marry a lady who isn't a graduate

Those graduate are the girls that cheat more in marriages and k ows there right ,they are the type of girls that tell you about gender inequality and if you do any how they file for divorce . I can see you are still a small boy
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by chigoizie7(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
None of them wants to talk, see as them de avoid this thread like leprosy.

In as much as I would love to be the sole provider for my family as a man of the house, I really need my wife to be working also, as a back up.

But this ur question is good.

Let me sit back and watch as all those girls shouting, I can't marry a man that earns 50k will tackle this issue.

Later they will be claiming feminist, ask them what they are truly fighting for, they won't know.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by njiasi30(f): 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
Toor grin no matter d amount she earns, what matters is dat she is able to contribute 4 d well being of d home. Two heads re better Dan one, no one knows 2moro. Dats why it's gd 4 a woman to ve something doing, even if u re dangote's wife bc u never can tell... wink

My neighbour lost his job and d wife was d breadwinner, no one knew until he found another job, u can imagine what would ve happened if d wife was jobless.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
i will provide for my wife
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Horlohlah: 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
judeefcc:
i will provide for my wife
Lmaooo grin

With what
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by jamalnation(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
At list half of wat i earn.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by mulattoclaroo(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
I told myself before I eventually got married that I won't marry a jobless woman. If I'm earning 1m monthly, my wife must be earning around 500-700k. I can't marry a poverty stricken liability.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Rone16(f): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
I'd be working and you will least likely see me in my parents house by Gods grace
Re: How Much Should A Lady Earn Before She Gets Married? by Mizabey(f): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Gone were the days when women rely on men for living, except d lazy ass..we ve bin growing to learn dt independence is the key, ladies now work hard for the sake of the unborn children and to help the husband to be greater,.. If he's earning 50k per month and u said u can't marry him, the reason is bcs u r earning less, ND u guys can't survive wt the penny:u can work harder and upgrade him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Ali Baba Shares Emotional Whatsaspp Messages Sent To Him By An Unhapp / Nigerian Girls ALWAYS Do This / New Crazy/foolish Things Guys Do Nowadays Because Of Ladies Will Wow You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.