Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,871 members, 7,980,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:37 AM

War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop (5455 Views)

Cardi B's Outfit In Nigeria Vs In Ghana (Photos) / 2Face Replies Blackface After Declaring War On Him / Peruzzi Sex Tape Scandal: Twitter Nigeria Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by finalbosss1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
see replies on instagram

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by INTROVERT(f): 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
grin

Yea yea
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by wablex(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lol afta dey win be beggin 4 feature. And by d way we made international collaboration popular in Africa
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by iheanyi40(m): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
Na we get Africa na smiley
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by PaulIdu: 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
They are clearly better than us when it comes to hip hop but we are better than them in juju swag music like what wizkid sings grin

1 Like

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by Fadedjeans: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
I agree. We have very few original hip hop artists and lyricists in Nigeria that aren't commercialized.
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by andamm7(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
how can naija be bigger than SA in hip hop?Naija be african music lords.But hiphop be SA pple ooo
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nigerian music in view lacks variety, Most nigerian musicians sound the same to be honest, if someone says "Nigerian music" I know what sound to expect. SA on the other hand has a variety of genres and South Africans are better vocally
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
PaulIdu:
They are clearly better than us when it comes to hip hop but we are better than them in juju swag music like what wizkid sings grin
But then again "juju swag music" or whatever you may call is exclusive to Nigeria. Are you really better than SA in Hip Hop, House, Soul etc? I don't think so
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
wablex:
Lol afta dey win be beggin 4 feature. And by d way we made international collaboration popular in Africa
the likes of Miriam Makeba, Ladysmith Black Mabazo and others were doing overseas collaborations way way before the likes of Wizkid were even born. It's not new

2 Likes

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by ClassCaptain(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
Truth..

South Africa hip hop is bigger and more mature than Nigeria hip hop and rap genre.

cassper shut down the dome, was the first Africa artist to feature on sway , Aka was nominated twice for BET, emtee roll up is the biggest afro trap song in Africa right and Nasty C has to be the hottest emcee in the scene right now...

Though our pop artist are way ahead of them.but forget if na hip hop, it has to south Africa.... If not for the likes of A few like Mi, Jesse , vec and modo keeping it down for naija , God knows !!!
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by PROVERBZ(m): 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Truth..

South Africa hip hop is bigger and more mature than Nigeria hip hop and rap genre.

cassper shut down the dome, was the first Africa artist to feature on sway , Aka was nominated twice for BET, emtee roll up is the biggest afro trap song in Africa right and Nasty C has to be the hottest emcee in the scene right now...

Though our pop artist are way ahead of them.but forget if na hip hop, it has to south Africa.... If not for the likes of A few like Mi, Jesse , vec and modo keeping it down for naija , God knows !!!
no be hip hop ycee dem and young six them the do abi becuz Casper and aka the sing with Yankee accent na y u wan reyna our artist abi u neva here jagaban ??
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by KINGOFJAPAN: 7:06am On Nov 03, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Nigerian music in view lacks variety, Most nigerian musicians sound the same to be honest, if someone says "Nigerian music" I know what sound to expect. SA on the other hand has a variety of genres and South Africans are better vocally
Congrats, u just described SA music. One beat tasteless music. The fact that Sans themselves are crazy over 9ja music says alot.
You'll hardly see Nigerians clamoring on youtube channels gushing over sa music but check any naija musician chanel n see your people going gaga over music that "lacks variety".
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by finalbosss1(m): 7:45am On Nov 03, 2016
hmm...lalasticlala good morning
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by OKorowanta: 7:52am On Nov 03, 2016
By the mere mention of Fela,
South Africa music not just hip hop will Shrink.

2 Likes

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by safarigirl(f): 8:03am On Nov 03, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
SA beats are the same, especially from the black SAcans. Once you hear the beat, you just know it's them.

Soweto baby, Banger, The sound, Orlando even that abominable Omo Alhaji remix that YCee went to do with that SA dude..all are the same 'house' beat

1 Like

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by Amabeast: 10:42am On Nov 03, 2016
When it comes to music and entertainment in general, Nigeria rules Africa but mehn sa dey try pass 9ja for hip hop o.
Almost all our hip hop artist are going commercial.. They rarely rap this days
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
safarigirl:
SA beats are the same, especially from the black SAcans. Once you hear the beat, you just know it's them.

Soweto baby, Banger, The sound, Orlando even that abominable Omo Alhaji remix that YCee went to do with that SA dude..all are the same 'house' beat

I'm not talking about beats I'm talking about the variety of music, Nigeria simply can't compete with SA in terms of variety. Is there Nigerian techno, rock, opera, soul? Etc. I still repeat most of your musicians don't sing they scream
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:

Congrats, u just described SA music. One beat tasteless music. The fact that Sans themselves are crazy over 9ja music says alot.
You'll hardly see Nigerians clamoring on youtube channels gushing over sa music but check any naija musician chanel n see your people going gaga over music that "lacks variety".
ha ha ha Laughable, why are Nigerians such a deluded bunch of people? Well FYI Nigerians are busy on twitter praising the likes of Nasty C, AKA, Eric Rush etc calling themselves number one fans, lol. Your music lacks variety it is what it is. It's Afrobeat or nothing else. Is there Nigerian techhno, rock, metal, opera etc?
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
Amabeast:
When it comes to music and entertainment in general, Nigeria rules Africa but mehn sa dey try pass 9ja for hip hop o.
Almost all our hip hop artist are going commercial.. They rarely rap this days
You guys overatte your music. What else do you have aside from Afrobeat?
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by Amabeast: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
You guys overatte your music. What else do you have aside from Afrobeat?
Hahaha cheesy u make me laugh like seriously. How many of your artists go to other countries and shot it down

I can remember davido going to Rwanda I think, and he was welcomed by the country's president. Even him and wizkid took pictures with mali's President etc

Now tell how many of your artists can pull that off

Let me not even start with the recently held MAMA in sa where Nigerians were big winners

Look when it comes to music no other African country comes close.. We are up there when it involves entertainment in general tongue

1 Like

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by PROVERBZ(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
ha ha ha Laughable, why are Nigerians such a deluded bunch of people? Well FYI Nigerians are busy on twitter praising the likes of Nasty C, AKA, Eric Rush etc calling themselves number one fans, lol. Your music lacks variety it is what it is. It's Afrobeat or nothing else. Is there Nigerian techhno, rock, metal, opera etc?
is there a new twitter DAT I am not aware of? and hu is Eric rush searched on instergram didn't find his legit accout

mean while the baddest asin best of the bestest rapper in sa vs a native rapper in naija

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by KINGOFJAPAN: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
You my friend are the deluded one here. Enlighten urself n stop displaying ignorance n blind patriotism.
So Asa, bez, obiwon are Afrobeat singer's abi? Nigerian music ain't limited to Afrobeat alone, there's Nigerian RnB, hip-hop, reggae, juju etc
The amount of Sans who dig naija music dwarves Nigerians you see on Twitter praising ur musicians. Th average Nigerian doesn't know who's AKA or cassper buh im damn sure the average san knows wizkid or dbanj.
I'll bet Nigerian Afrobeat is even more popular than ur techno, soul n co.
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by KINGOFJAPAN: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
PROVERBZ:
is there a new twitter DAT I am not aware of? and hu is Eric rush searched on instergram didn't find his legit accout

mean while the baddest asin best of the bestest rapper in sa vs a native rapper in naija
My brother i tire oo. The dude doesn't know what he's saying, he's just being blindly patriotic.
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by pretydiva(f): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
Click like 4 naija, share 4 south Africa
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:

You my friend are the deluded one here. Enlighten urself n stop displaying ignorance n blind patriotism.
So Asa, bez, obiwon are Afrobeat singer's abi? Nigerian music ain't limited to Afrobeat alone, there's Nigerian RnB, hip-hop, reggae, juju etc
The amount of Sans who dig naija music dwarves Nigerians you see on Twitter praising ur musicians. Th average Nigerian doesn't know who's AKA or cassper buh im damn sure the average san knows wizkid or dbanj.
I'll bet Nigerian Afrobeat is even more popular than ur techno, soul n co.

The amount of south africans who like your music dwarves that of Nigerians? How did you come to that of conclusion? You are still deluded bro I'm sorry. An average Nigerian doesn't know who AKA is? So an Average South African knows who Davido is? Thanks to the advent of Dstv that some of us know your musicians are. No doubt you knew about the likes of Lucky Dube, Brenda Fassie, Miriam Makeba etc way before cable TV
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 7:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
PROVERBZ:

you aren't making any sense
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
Amabeast:

Hahaha cheesy u make me laugh like seriously. How many of your artists go to other countries and shot it down

I can remember davido going to Rwanda I think, and he was welcomed by the country's president. Even him and wizkid took pictures with mali's President etc

Now tell how many of your artists can pull that off

Let me not even start with the recently held MAMA in sa where Nigerians were big winners

Look when it comes to music no other African country comes close.. We are up there when it involves entertainment in general tongue
You seem to be mistaking popularity for quality. take for instance your movies, they are quite popular in various African countries but are they good? Not even close. They lack the quality to be even called Movies .Is Nigeria better than South Africa in sports? The answer is No! Why? Because South Africa is better in different sports disciplines than Nigeria. Nigeria is only better than SA in National Team football.

It's the same in music, you can't really claim you have better music while you have less genres than SA and South Africa is better in those genres than you. I asked earlier and I'm yet to be answered, Are you better than SA in Hip Hop, House, Rock, Rnb, Soul?

1 Like

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:

My brother i tire oo. The dude doesn't know what he's saying, he's just being blindly patriotic.
well' I can say the same about you
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by PROVERBZ(m): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
you aren't making any sense
seriously I know knew I wasn't making sense what I wanted to say was DAT Africa not just Nigerians actually like what ever genre of music those 9ja artists are making hence the large following and constant airtime for their songs

but not all 9ja music are lyk DAT we also have artists in the so called hip pop eg iceprince. yung6ix classic vector MI but foreign nationals might not know Dis guyz cuz they don't play their songs DAT much

and to part about Nigerians hyping sa musicians online I don't know but a lot of Nigerians know aka and cassper (aka cuz he sang with ice prince when iceprince was still a boss and cassper cuz of mama I made it jam at list that was one sa jam DAT u could here a few Nigerians huming once in a while apart from rands and nairas which most Nigerians thought was a south African song only they didn't knw emmygee was actually Nigerian

1 Like

Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by LeSudAfricaine: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
PROVERBZ:
seriously I know knew I wasn't making sense what I wanted to say was DAT Africa not just Nigerians actually like what ever genre of music those 9ja artists are making hence the large following and constant airtime for their songs

but not all 9ja music are lyk DAT we also have artists in the so called hip pop eg iceprince. yung6ix classic vector MI but foreign nationals might not know Dis guyz cuz they don't play their songs DAT much

and to part about Nigerians hyping sa musicians online I don't know but a lot of Nigerians know aka and cassper (aka cuz he sang with ice prince when iceprince was still a boss and cassper cuz of mama I made it jam at list that was one sa jam DAT u could here a few Nigerians huming once in a while apart from rands and nairas which most Nigerians thought was a south African song only they didn't knw emmygee was actually Nigerian
I know M.I. Abaga
Re: War On Twitter Nigeria Vs South Africa Who Is In Hiphop by PROVERBZ(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
You seem to be mistaking popularity for quality. take for instance your movies, they are quite popular in various African countries but are they good? Not even close. They lack the quality to be even called Movies .Is Nigeria better than South Africa in sports? The answer is No! Why? Because South Africa is better in different sports disciplines than Nigeria. Nigeria is only better than SA in National Team football.

It's the same in music, you can't really claim you have better music while you have less genres than SA and South Africa is better in those genres than you. I asked earlier and I'm yet to be answered, Are you better than SA in Hip Hop, House, Rock, Rnb, Soul?
sorry including basket ball , table tennis and wrestling tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World's Tallest Man Meets The World's Smallest Woman / When Your Edo Babe Is Trying To Cuddle With You (pic) / Checkout This Photo Of Colombia Striker Falaco That Is Breaking The Internet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.