Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,670 members, 7,938,032 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Uses These Boots. See Reasons To Buy This If You Play Footbal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Uses These Boots. See Reasons To Buy This If You Play Footbal (469 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Poses With His Serie A Trophy (Photo) / Mikel Obi Shows World Cup Customized Boots / Ahmed Musa Tieing The Boots Of A Senegalese Player (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Uses These Boots. See Reasons To Buy This If You Play Footbal by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 24, 2016
1 It cradles your foot

With Nike’s new soleplate design you won’t be left rooted to the spot. After consulting experts from track and field the boot bods ditched the flat soleplate in favour of a new anatomical plate that maps the natural contours of the foot. By cradling your wands, it enables the foot to move with the boot instead of against it. Say goodbye to a loose fit, say hello to a sock-like feel and a more efficient transfer of energy between your foot and the turf.

2 40% lighter
The new Mercurial Superfly was designed with one thing in mind: speed. To make you lighter on your feet Nike stripped back the soleplate, replacing the multi-layer carbon fiber design with a single-layer chassis that has been hollowed out by new vacuum forming process. In layman’s terms: the soleplate is 40 per cent lighter, meaning your feet have less weight to carry around.

3 High-powered brakes
Having the ability to stop on a dime, before accelerating at breakneck speed is an essential weapon for any speedster. To develop a better braking system for the Mercurial, Nike came up with a stud configuration that works like a claw. The studs all are the same shape but positioned in different directions — straight on with the heel for braking, angled in the forefoot for propulsion.

4 Speed meets style
There’s no point having a high-performance sports car if you can’t look good driving it. The same goes for a turbocharged boot. The speed ribs – raised surfaces on the Flyknit upper – provide friction between your foot and the ball, lending a helping hand to your touch. They also provide a bit of a colour shift, giving designers the opportunity to play around with the paint job. Flash boot lovers prepare for some funky creations.

5 CR7 loves it
Mercurial champion and Real Madrid speed king Cristiano Ronaldo sees a little bit of himself in the boot. “It’s like my attitude,” declared Ronnie. “I’m a straightforward and aggressive player. The stud shape reminds me of my character and performs very well on the pitch.” We dread to think what the laces remind him of.

Nike Football App Members will receive early access on May 31 – download the Nike Football App to be notified at Nike.com
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Uses These Boots. See Reasons To Buy This If You Play Footbal by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Uses These Boots. See Reasons To Buy This If You Play Footbal by macfako(m): 2:19am On Oct 24, 2016
CR7 my man

(1) (Reply)

How Chelsea Disgraced Their Former Coach / Peter Odemwingie: Rotherham Striker Calls Move To Club 'no-brainer' / The Premier League Team Of The Season: First Quarter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.