Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,628 members, 7,889,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

Who Killed Babytim? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Killed Babytim? (972 Views)

Who Killed Sam?{completed}series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed Babytim? by iAmHelen(f): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2016
CHAPTER ONE

CHIEF ADEYANJU'S EDIFICE

"Brenda! Brenda!" The urgent raps on my door brought me back from my dream land.
I yawned and stretched, rubbing sleep off my eyes but as I made to stand up, I remembered I was having a dream. I sat down trying to recollect what it was about, only faint images appeared like I was given a task or something to do in the dream but I was not sure. I shook my head vigorously to make everything fall in place but nothing made sense. I resolved to go back to bed hoping to continue with the dream or maybe the vision. My back had nearly touched the bed when I heard the quick raps on my door again. Jeez I totally forgot that that was what woke me up. I hurried to the door wondering who it could be, the door looks familiar though. I opened the door and on seeing the person at the door I blinked like ten times and that must have brought me fully back into reality. It was my madam.

"Brenda i've been knocking on your door like forever. You got me scared girl" My madam said worry lines slowly disappearing from her face.
" I am sorry mum" Yes I call her mum. So adorable a woman. No wonder I forgot where I was.
" When you did not wake up by nine, I decided to come wake you myself." She added
"Time is gone that much? " I arched my brows. The dream. I sighed.
"Please let us go downstairs and fix something to eat. Baby Tim suckled till dawn." She turned towards the stairs and I followed her in admiration wondering why she needed a house help when she would do most of the chores. Baby Tim is her first and only child, they tried everything orthodox to make her conceive but I guess Baby Tim stayed back in heaven until 3 months ago when he came which was fifteen years into their marriage.
" Mum how is Baby Tim? Is he not awake?" I asked as I descended the stairs after her.
" Awake? After so much suckling?" We both laughed.

We were almost done with cooking when the telephone in the kitchen rang and she asked me to pick it.
"Mum it's dad" She collected the receiver from me and greeted her husband cheerfully.
Lovely couple I thought. Perfect duo. It would have been epic if they were my real parents but nonetheless, they see me as their daughter leaving me to wonder why they put up the sign for an house help 3 years ago.
" My darling says he's on his way from the airport" she interrupted my thought.
"Wow! I miss him. I can't wait!" I chirped happily
"He would be taking us out to that new restaurant I told you about. So we have an hour to get ready. This food we just cooked will be packed into the freezer. So go and run the bath and I will go get the baby."
" Ok ma" I saluted jokingly

I sauntered across the house towards the bathroom while humming an incomprehensible song to myself. I heard mum walk in quick strides towards her room to get the baby.
I slided the glass door of the bathroom and as I made to arrange for baby Tim's bath, my eyes caught something in the bath tub, I moved closer to see what it was. My heart skided and then broke. It was as if the devil dropped the whole universe on my heart.
My mouth tasted like chalk or was it powder?

Baby Tim. Dead. Drowned. In the bath tub.

The bathroom started spinning. The dream! I heard a loud scream from mum's room followed by a thud. She must have fainted when she did not see her baby.

I felt my legs gave way. And all was blank.

Three month old Baby Tim drowned in a bath tub?
Shey na him waka go there? Mbanu. What do you think will happen in chapter 2. I leave you to your imagination. Ciao!

Helen

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Babytim? by iAmHelen(f): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2016
This story will be in chapters. Drop your comment (s) as you read. Thanks.
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by justifiedcoyy(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2016
3months old? Maybe u are still dreaming. Oya wake up from ur dream.. For d last time.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Babytim? by iAmHelen(f): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
3months old? Maybe u are still dreaming. Oya wake up from ur dream.. For d last time.
Lols.... Someone drowned him. Just follow to find out.
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by ibroh22(m): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2016
Am not a fan of literature,,novel ish!!,,,just came to support one of our own
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by iAmHelen(f): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2016
ibroh22:
Am not a fan of literature,,novel ish!!,,,just came to support one of our own
Aww! Thank you dear *winks*
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by maranatha04(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nawa o, u better stop dreaming...anyway na suspense tinz, I hope say e no go bcum season film

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Babytim? by mcmind(m): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
She's probably still dreaming.
Good work, I hope it will be less of tragedy
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by LarrySmiles01: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
Been expecting you to continue
Cc iAmHelen
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by justifiedcoyy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
Where is part2 Na.. Iamhelen

Are u still in dreamland?
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by Opiletool(m): 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
Keep it coming. Nice one!
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by iAmHelen(f): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
CHAPTER TWO

POLICE HEADQUARTER

"Come in!" the CP's masculine voice rang out.
Detective Jackson walked in smartly and saluted.
"Please have your seat" he signaled to the chair
" Thank you sir" he took his seat.
" Detective Jack, we have a big case on our hands. You have to hand over the present case you are handling to Detective Sanni. He's capable of handling it but you have a bigger assignment. Did you listen to the news this morning?" He waited for an answer.
"No sir. I was busy with a file." he answered
"Alright but I'm sure you know Chief Adeyanju." He waited again for an answer
" Yes I do sir. He is wealthy, popular and generous but he is not into politics. I heard the State wants to give him an award very soon" he answered smiling.
"You are right but this will break your heart. His only child and son was found drowned in a bathtub by God knows who".
"Oh! So sad!" his heart broke indeed.
"Your big assignment is to unravel who did the hideous act. I shall have the file with all the necessary information sent to you in a minute."
"This is a murder case definitely. When will the society be rid of crimes? he asked no one in particular.
" I trust you Jack. Go get the idiot or idiots. You have one month and your time starts now. Good luck to you and don't hesitate to ask for backup if need be." he said with a tone of finality.
"Ok. Thank you sir. I will go get ready for my flight to Lagos tomorrow" he stood up, saluted and walked out smartly just the way he came in.

CHIEF ADEYANJU'S EDIFICE

"Honey, please don't be like this. I spoke with the Commissioner of Police and he promised to send his best detective to come fish out the bastard that drowned our Tim" he drew her close and brushed his lips on her forehead.
" They killed my Tim. What could an infant have done to deserve such?" She asked in between sobs.
"Mum, please don't cry anymore." I comforted her fighting back my own tears. I have cried a lot since yesterday. Mum has emaciated just within 24 hours.
She fell asleep 30 minutes later after dad had asked me to put sleeping pills in her tea so she won't cry her eyes out. Dad went upstairs to make some calls. The incident hit us hard that we have not slept since then.

Mum slept on the sofa and I sat across her watching the rising and falling of her bossom. I yawned and stretched, nature is about to take its toll on me. My back hit the sofa to obey the call of nature.
I had to fight sleep to ponder on the events that had taken place within the space of a day. Something must have happened when we were in the kitchen. How come we did not hear anyone come in? Dad isn't a politician neither is he aspiring to be one and even if he is, why should they take their toll on baby Tim? I really want to find this out. How do I go about it? Will the detective allow me to join him? I could not reach a conclusion before I lost the battle to nature.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Babytim? by iAmHelen(f): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
I have not been able to post here for some days. Maybe I was banned sha.
Larrysmiles01 maranatha04 mcmind Justifiedcoyy Opiletool Iboh22 Dream2 Optimist25.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Babytim? by olumose001(m): 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
Issorrai cool
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by Phabulous4(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
Nice1 #IamHelen... Dnt keep ur audience waiting for too long. More grace dear...

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Babytim? by Babysuccess02(f): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
Sensing A Nice Story Here. Wil Follow Til D End.
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by justifiedcoyy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
D story dom.dey sweet.

Iamhelen, u beta create iamhelen2 these mods no dey take eye c fine girl.o
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by justifiedcoyy(m): 7:09am On Nov 01, 2016
u stopped updating when d story don dey sweet... just lookatyew
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by sharliz(f): 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
Y do I keep refreshing dz page only to find no update..ok..ooo
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by justifiedcoyy(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
I just tire
sharliz:
Y do I keep refreshing dz page only to find no update..ok..ooo
person just start story, wen e begin sweet, she run.
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by sharliz(f): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
I just tire person just start story, wen e begin sweet, she run.

lol...lets go n read another one
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by justifiedcoyy(m): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
E get one wey sweet.. Na mohbaby dey tell her true life story.. BT d thing long, if u no lazy..go read am.. U go enjoy am.
sharliz:
lol...lets go n read another one
just click her profile Nairaland.com/mohbaby to check d post "maybe na red night b d title"
Re: Who Killed Babytim? by sharliz(f): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
E get one wey sweet.. Na mohbaby dey tell her true life story.. BT d thing long, if u no lazy..go read am.. U go enjoy am.just click her profile Nairaland.com/mohbaby to check d post "maybe na red night b d title"
oshe.. u can also read mercy said no by olajhidey

(1) (Reply)

FICTION: Lily's Uncle George Erotic Fantasy Alive At Cher's Party / . / ASHPAGAD- The War Of The New Worlds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.