Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,571 members, 7,978,890 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? (985 Views)

Photo: Do Guys Like This Still Exist? / Do Guys Like This Really Exist? / Why Do Women Always Claim They Have Been Used And Dumped Once A Guy Leaves Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by sugarpp: 1:11am On Oct 25, 2009
My ex in an episode of unwarranted barrage of insults decided to state my age and mention that in all those years I had achieved nothing. In a situation like that what a girl to do? Whip out her c.v., declaration of her investments and statement of her bank account? Anyhoo need I say I broke up with dude immediately.

This incident got me thinking and I noticed that a lot of Nigerian guys especially those that are insecure and afraid to lose a good girl use this tactic a lot. I have several examples of this, for example I know of a married couple where the husband would constantly talk down to his wife when they are in public (with friends) and in any argument he would always carry on like her opinion did not matter and she had no sense at all. But it is this same wife that practically runs their business and is always coming up with fresh ideas. So back to my question, why do guys do this? Jealousy? Insecurity? They don’t appreciate the ladies they have? Or they have another woman outside that is better? Wouldn’t it be better for them to encourage and show love to their ladies?
maybe nairalanders can clue me in?
Re: Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 25, 2009
People say unwarranted things in the heat of an argument. Let there be room for reconciliation before taking drastic steps like breaking up. Unless he makes a hobby of stripping you of your confidence outside an argument. As for the married couple, the woman allowed it. I guess when she was dating him she acted the "good girl" just to get married.
Re: Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by Igwe9(m): 1:27am On Oct 25, 2009
sugar pp:

My ex in an episode of unwarranted barrage of insults decided to state my age and mention that in all those years I had achieved nothing. In a situation like that what a girl to do? Whip out her c.v., declaration of her investments and statement of her bank account? Anyhoo need I say I broke up with dude immediately.

This incident got me thinking and I noticed that a lot of Nigerian guys especially those that are insecure and afraid to lose a good girl use this tactic a lot. I have several examples of this, for example I know of a married couple where the husband would constantly talk down to his wife when they are in public (with friends) and in any argument he would always carry on like her opinion did not matter and she had no sense at all. But it is this same wife that practically runs their business and is always coming up with fresh ideas. So back to my question, why do guys do this? Jealousy? Insecurity? They don’t appreciate the ladies they have? Or they have another woman outside that is better? Wouldn’t it be better for them to encourage and show love to their ladies?
I'm kinda tired right now to pick an argument with you, but pls and pls, next time find  the right word, it's not all men.
good night!
Re: Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 25, 2009
few ex-relationships in the Nigerian context end peacefully, so there's usually a lot of mudslinging and bitterness with people saying all kinds of things and meaning it.

Spending a lot of energy fighting the exes too.
Re: Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by sugarpp: 1:38am On Oct 25, 2009
stillwater:

People say unwarranted things in the heat of an argument. Let there be room for reconciliation before taking drastic steps like breaking up. Unless he makes a hobby of stripping you of your confidence outside an argument. As for the married couple, the woman allowed it. I guess when she was dating him she acted the "good girl" just to get married.

Well in my book thats veering towards emotional abuse if not that already when a guy starts making you feel inadequate or worthless so it is definitely worth breaking up over.
Re: the wife. U really think by a woman acting like a "good girl" just to get married equates tolerating rubbish and isn't that what every girl does? don't we all show our good side most of the time before marriage? anyway this woman is really one of the good ones before and after marriage shah.
Igwe.:

I'm kinda tired right now to pick an argument with you, but pls and pls, next time find the right word, it's not all men.
good night!

yep u r right sleep they catch u cheesy i didn't say all men i said alot
Re: Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by nex(m): 6:06am On Oct 25, 2009
Some men do this and I think It's cos the women they claim they love tend to start acting all up on their high horses.
Re: Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by Igwe9(m): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2009
sugar pp:

yep u r right sleep they catch u cheesy i didn't say all men i said alot
Alright sweetie, could this highlighted portion be changed to ''some guys''. . plsssssssss? smiley smiley
sugar pp:

why do guys do this? Jealousy? Insecurity? They don’t appreciate the ladies they have? Or they have another woman outside that is better? Wouldn’t it be better for them to encourage and show love to their ladies?
Re: Why Do Guys Like To Chip Away The Confidence Of Women They Claim They Love? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2009
Igwe Thanks,

POSTER , THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS NOT SUCCESSFUL DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL MEN TREAT THEIR WOMAN THE SAME WAY YOUR MAN TREATED YOU.

I GUESS U HAVE NOT HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET THE GOOD GUYS,

(1) (Reply)

Is It True Love? / Me And My Girlfriend And Her Sister / After Some Arguement,she Said"i Can Never Leave Her Except She Chose To Go And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.