Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,859 members, 7,972,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:50 AM

Would You Go Into Business With A Nigerian? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Would You Go Into Business With A Nigerian? (4423 Views)

Graduates Or Employees Who Want To Go Into Business But Lack Finance / Before Going Into Business / Looking To Go Into Business: Any Ideas As To What Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Go Into Business With A Nigerian? by dollyp1cute(f): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2007
Femtex:

I agree with you Load. If we can not take positon, believe, trust and invest in our own people, nation; who and where do we invest. We have to build our nation ourself by investing in our people, trusting each other. Then we wonder why our country is not moving up like is suppose to. We just have to know whom to deal with, and how to deal with them. I don't have any problem dealing with Nigerians at all.

At a point though you begin to wonder at what expense do you want to build your country.

Loads:

Don't forget each time you invest in shares on Nigerian Stock Exchange you are doing business with a Nigeria, all the company executives become your business partners. If you put money in the bank, the bank becomes your partner and its Nigerian.

Forget that matter, you are speaking like an investor, 80% of people buying shares in Nigeria today are buying to double their money, their is no investor mentality (I also include myself in that 80%), check the no of people looking for tips on this site, even tomato sellers dey buy shares, they don't care for the CEO or whatever so far they can double their money and get out quick.

@Topic, I prefer dealing with any other race (except the eastern europeans) except Nigeria, but if I am forced to choose a Nigerian I will do business with a Northerner i.e. Hausa
Re: Would You Go Into Business With A Nigerian? by sparkle(f): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2007
dollyp1cute:

I prefer dealing with any other race (except the eastern europeans) except Nigeria, but if I am forced to choose a Nigerian I will do business with a Northerner i.e. Hausa

Most ignorant statement.  A friend of mine used to have the same mindset till he was duped of large amount of money by a Northerner (Hausa). 

There are fraudulent people in all races
Re: Would You Go Into Business With A Nigerian? by katherinae(f): 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2007
hell freaking no
Re: Would You Go Into Business With A Nigerian? by agabaI23(m): 6:54pm On Mar 15, 2009
Nigeria is made up of over 140 million people.

At least 60% are adults.
84 million people cannot be all crooks.

I used to think that before one goes into a business, one is supposed to do a thorough research which includes researching his would be associates. Even if the person is from the moon, you would not be doing yourself any good by trusting him/her hook line and sinker. You have to put the necessary checks in place. You have to be smart to go into business in the first place otherwise you are better of with . . . .
Re: Would You Go Into Business With A Nigerian? by nich(m): 1:09am On Mar 16, 2009
yes! but i'd do ma own homework and most especially wont give greed a chance to raise its ugly head.

katherinae:

hell freaking no

take it easy. relax. breathe in . . . breathe out.
like someone said, ". . . not all the apples in the basket is rotten . . . wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Going Back On Islamic Banking - Sanusi / How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners / Do You Need To Go To University To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.