Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,400 members, 7,881,453 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:01 PM

Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal (397 Views)

Vladmir Putin: "As Long As I Am President, Gay Marriage Will Never Be Legalized / President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Manana, South African Minister Beats Up Lady For Calling Him Gay (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal by stephendellas(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
On Monday, the Christian owners of an Irish bakery by the name Daniel and Amy McArthur who were found guilty of discrimination and fined £500 last year over their refusal to bake a pro-gay marriage cake because it would have violated their religious beliefs lost their appeal. A three-judge appeals court in Belfast upheld a lower court's ruling that Daniel and Amy McArthur, the owners of Ashers Bakery in Belfast, were guilty of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and asserted that despite the family's religious beliefs, businesses are not allowed to refuse services that they willingly offer to the public when certain messages contradict with their deeply-held convictions.

The McArthur's troubles started when gay activist Gareth Lee took them to court in 2014 after they refused to make a cake featuring "Sesame Street" characters Bert and Ernie with the slogan "Support Gay Marriage" scrawled on the top.

Read more... http://shekinaman.com/2016/10/25/christian-bakers-refuse-make-gay-marriage-cake-looses-appeal/

Re: Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
K
Re: Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal by spartoo: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
uwa nmebi
Re: Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal by sisisioge: 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin

But why nau? The business is an entity on its own and thus not affected by owners' religion. Biko bake the cake and pay the fine...say no to discrimination! No be naija you dey grin
Re: Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal by Davash222(m): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
You can imagine undecided

I no dey bake, na by force
Re: Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal by papaejima1: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
No problem, I will pay the fine but still I didn't do the cake.
Re: Christian Bakers Who Refuse To Make Gay Marriage Cake Looses Appeal by muykem: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Satan is using all weapons in his disposal to fight children of God but the good news is that the battle has been won by Jesus Christ. They have started remove important verses from the Bible to deceive innocent Christian such as Matthew 17 vs 21.

(1) (Reply)

Spain: Rajoy Poised To Win The Confidence Of Parliament / please how can i get my hacked adsense acct back / Trump Election: Request For Wisconsin Vote Recount Sent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.