Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,901 members, 7,933,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:53 AM

Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) (10964 Views)

Poll: Who's gonna win?

Nigeria: 85% (57 votes)
A Draw (or Loss): 14% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Nigeria Vs Congo (7 - 0): U-17 AFCON On Saturday 20 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Colombia (3 - 0): U-17 Women's World Cup On Saturday Sept-29-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by wendoworld(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2009
anybody wey know those guys dem make e tell them say make dem wake up o, because i no think say them come with strikers atall, See we striker dem dey play ball up like say na up post dey, See dem dey celebrate like say dem don carry cup with dat there coach wey dey do eye like say e wan pick pocket, Those bois need correct egbo to dey sharp infront of post this wan wey dem dey play like say dem don finish their spam untop woman
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by wendoworld(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2009
anybody wey know those guys dem make e tell them say make dem wake up o, because i no think say them come with strikers atall, See we striker dem dey play ball up like say na up post dey, See dem dey celebrate like say dem don carry cup with dat there coach wey dey do eye like say e wan pick pocket, Those bois need correct egbo to dey sharp infront of post this wan wey dem dey play like say dem don finish their spam untop woman
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Princek12(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2009
too much dribbling. pass and put the fucking ball in the motherfucking net. Geez
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by loma(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
whats the scores?
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by OvieE: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
This young Nigeria obviously they are OK. They are better than chicken eagles and eaglets. Their coach is very good; he directed his players. He doesn't just sit in one place like useless amodu and Isaiah.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by MrCrackles(m): 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2009
OvieE:

This young Nigeria obviously they are OK. They are better than chicken eagles and eaglets. Their coach is very good; he directed his players. He doesn't just sit in one place like useless amodu and Isaiah.
Which one be Isaiah again shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Arnold1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2009
loma:

whats the scores?

Nigeria 1 Honduras 0 cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Cristalz(f): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
Up Nigeria. grin

Numbers 8, 9 and 13 were pretty impressive. Dunno why Mr. Coach(what's his name?) subbed 13.
Number 11 should be shipped off to Palestine, never to return.

Goal was a beauty.

Team's good, but just like Siasia's boys, finishing is the problem. Have no idea why they are all so scared to attempt shots.
Must they pass their way into the net? I tire o.

Argentina next. Mr. Coach had berra work on their finishing abilities, their free-kick taking and team work. Number 8 was too selfish for my liking.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by jamesdenni(f): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
Those boys Are hot. Kudos to them!
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by DoubleN(m): 12:03am On Oct 28, 2009
These boys dont have a clue as to what they are doing on the pitch!
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Kenezi: 2:19am On Oct 28, 2009
It's spelt "favour" who made the title? Change it!
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by spizzlenik(m): 3:37am On Oct 28, 2009
UP GOLDEN CHICKENS, grin grin grin grin WE WON!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by genetokky(m): 6:27am On Oct 28, 2009
dede wen shi grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by FBS: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2009
Some posts on this thread are very pathetic. Will we ever learn to support our team?
Simply because the Super Eagles are messing up BIG TIME is no freaking reason to blame the younger ones.
The boys played very well yesterday and most importantly they won. The boys from Honduras are no push overs. They nearly beat Argentina. Their main player (Lozano) is top class and capable of dribbling past any defense.

Now, the boys kept a clean sheet and you could see that they played under enormous pressure to deliver. They showed will, passion, strength and got the goal. Honestly, I don't know what else you people want.

When was the last time you saw any Nigerian team play like yesterday? Yes sometimes, they dribble unnecessarily but you all forget that they are young (yes they are. It's your problem if you don't agree) and want to entertain. You all forget that entertainment is part of the game or is it because ya'll been deprived of victories in recent times that you want it BY ALL MEANS?

If you have nothing positive to say then keep the negativity to yourselves.

Argentina is next and they have two danger men. Villalva and Araujo. Those boys can dribble with their eyes closed. The Manshaft defense can attestify to this. We could use high balls against them- height wise.

Our boys and most especially Okoro (number 8 ), should be more aggresive and more clinical in front of goal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by nigboy(m): 8:01am On Oct 28, 2009
Great Victory
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Tobiloba1(m): 8:15am On Oct 28, 2009
Everyone can see an excellent fininshing performed by Ajagun,Super Eagles learn from this joooooooooooo
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by bouguoer: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2009
I'm really proud of these boys,they not only young ,talented but very intelligent in their play.Hundoras negative football not withstanding ,the manage to score.and when they were a bit tire,they held on to the ball,unlike the flying eagles in egypt.boys congrat.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by AccoPen(m): 9:20am On Oct 28, 2009
FBS:

Some posts on this thread are very pathetic. Will we ever learn to support our team?
Simply because the Super Eagles are messing up BIG TIME is no freaking reason to blame the younger ones.
The boys played very well yesterday and most importantly they won. The boys from Honduras are no push overs. They nearly beat Argentina. Their main player (Lozano) is top class and capable of dribbling past any defense.

Now, the boys kept a clean sheet and you could see that they played under enormous pressure to deliver. They showed will, passion, strength and got the goal. Honestly, I don't know what else you people want.

When was the last time you saw any Nigerian team play like yesterday? Yes sometimes, they dribble unnecessarily but you all forget that they are young (yes they are. It's your problem if you don't agree) and want to entertain. You all forget that entertainment is part of the game or is it because ya'll been deprived of victories in recent times that you want it BY ALL MEANS?

If you have nothing positive to say then keep the negativity to yourselves.

Argentina is next and they have two danger men. Villalva and Araujo. Those boys can dribble with their eyes closed. The Manshaft defense can attestify to this. We could use high balls against them- height wise.

Our boys and most especially Okoro (number 8 ), should be more aggresive and more clinical in front of goal.

FBS, don’t mind Nigerians. I am surprised to see posters who said a lot of negative things about the team yesterday coming to celebrate their victory after the match. I am not saying it is bad to make negative comments about a team, but you do that when the team is not performing. This young boys(that came together just about 2 months ago) have not done anything wrong to deserve being crucified. I am not bringing patriotism into this. I will only watch the Super Eagles if only I am going to be paid after the match, but I will pay anything to watch a determined team who does everything to make the scoreline be in their favour(even if at the end of the day it doesn’t go their way).
We want the young boys to be the best and we are the worst set of supporters. Where do we expect them to import their motivation from? China?
Most of the people posting –ves about the kids here are two-left-legged human beings when it comes to playing football. I said it here yesterday: “To those of u who believe that Honduras is going to win today's game, prepare to be disappointed”
I am not unaware of the fact that they need serious work to do in the mouth of goals, apart from that, there cannot be a better display of skills, character and will from the boys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by cydak(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2009
lets pray these guys won't mess up whan it matters most.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by 2tait: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2009
Somebody should teach the Eaglets how to shoot in front of goals and SCORE. Great we won but we missed at least 15 chances. They also hold on to the ball for so long and may end up losing the ball. Another thing is that they over-dramatize when they miss an opportunity to score.
Against Argentina and others, the Eaglets need to be decisive in front of the goal post and really score.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2009
First of all, i really than them for managing a win, but the coach needs to work on their attack and finishing
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by muggle(m): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2009
Well, i no watch d match, due to ever present lagos traffic, but the result puts us in the right direction. Hope they will not crumble against the Argies.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Egbochukwu: 11:00am On Oct 28, 2009
It 's just by His grace not by Eaglets might
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by papagiddy(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2009
@ 2tait
      u are very correct.infact too correct!!!  how i wish those eaglets know that camera men lens are on them. anyway dem be kid!
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by Nezan(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2009
We need to pray very well for the Argentina encounter.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by cvibe: 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2009
These boys have to buckle up if they want the cup to remain here.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by kokoye(m): 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2009
Egbochukwu:

It 's just by His grace not by Eaglets might

Here we go again . .

I bet you would have used that same mouth of urs to crucify them if htey'd lost.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by ow11(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
Did anyone notice the defensive midfielder, Azeez (jersey no 20)? I think he is a decent player, spraying passes and joining the attack.

Not one to shy away from the odd shot on goal even though they were wayward. Seems to have age on his side as well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2009
Didn't watch the match but if FBS says they played well, then they played well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by naso2(m): 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Why dem no go play well, no be dem children mate dem dey follow play?
Re: Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) by FBS: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
semid4lyfe:

grin grin grin

Never knew that the good people of NL do read my posts. grin But I tell you, yes they played well right from the word go. A bit of composure in front of goal and we could have won by a greater margin. For me what was important was the willingness and hunger the boys displayed. Hope the Super Eagles will learn from them. wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Returns From Continental Gymnastics Championship Due To Lack Of Fund / London 2012 Paralympics Opening Ceremony - Pictures / Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.