Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,378 members, 7,978,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. (2534 Views)

APC Thanks Tinubu For Accepting Buhari’s Appointment / The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him / Senate Considers Rejecting Buhari’s Ambassadorial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Emmahunk(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2016
Once upon a time ; There was a Nigeria where people go as far as engaging in human sacrifices and rituals just to get presidential appointments.
Many others resort to bank loans, borrowing and mortgage to finance their lobbying. The residences of known political godfathers turn to pilgrimage Centers and most competitive opponents meet with sudden accidents or sometimes were brazenly assassinated.
Potential nominees were forced to swear oaths of allegiance to the powers that be.
Godfathers paddled the offices of the ones they installed and dictated to them on appointments, award of contracts and disbursements of funds. At a stage in that Nigeria, this act of thuggery became almost a right.

Today, in this same Country, people are not even consulted before nomination. Their records, antecedents and integrity speak for them.
Some just wake up to a call for screening by Dss or NASS or both. It's nothing but a miracle and answer to our prayers ( both Christians and Moslems) that God should give us a leader that will redirect the dangerous course that this Country was headed.

So why are people no longer killing and lobbying to get appointments but are rather running away even when appointed. And I ask why?

Is it because a new guideline that ensures accountability has been put in place?

Or is it because so many powers like award of contracts have been stripped?

Or maybe the anti graft agencies have woken up from their deep slumber?

Or maybe, just maybe, there's someone now at the head that asks questions?

Or what do you think?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by SuperSuave(m): 11:50am On Oct 26, 2016
nice thought, and all these people follow us sing national anthem and recite the national pledge o.

I Pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful, loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all my strength, to defend her unity and uphold her honour and glory, so help me God.

Arise, O compatriots
Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom
Peace and unity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by sekundosekundo: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2016
[/quote]

This is the reason.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
That can't be true. If you do not pass those exams, you don't get promoted. Even if your father is the president. FYI, I'm a retired soldier.
sekundosekundo:

This is the reason.

6 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Funlordjnr: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
shocked
PatrickOkunima:
That can't be true. If you do not pass those exams, you don't get promoted. Even if your father is the president. FYI, I'M A RETIRED SOLDIER.

So you are over 60?

5 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Arielle: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
No more free money. You are expected to work. In saner countries, public service is exactly what is....service. Not an opportunity to amass stupendous wealth as has been the case in Nigeria. So those who know themselves have advised themselves accordingly. This is a good sign. And it is what Nigerians have been praying for: public offices must be made less lucrative and therefore less attractive. But in the rush to condemn because of political affiliation or ethnic bigotry, a lot of people won't see that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:
shocked

So you are over 60?

Doubt it! He seems the dishonourably discharged types undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by sekundosekundo: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
That can't be true. If you do not pass those exams, you don't get promoted. Even if your father is the president. FYI, I'm a retired soldier.

Wonderful!. Which exam did he take to become military head of state. What of his weac result.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by sekundosekundo: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
PatrickOkunima:

Wonderful!. Which exam did he take to become military head of state. What of his waec result.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Bethelwealthy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
As nice and reasonable these points are, non of them is strong a factor enough to make a career politician ignore a chance to be called "your excellency" or "honourable".
Here's my opinion as regards the reason (below):
1. These guys are career and professional politicians, who, inspite of the propaganda, know the acceptance rate of the present govt and arw aware, that 2019 is at d corner. BOTTOMLINE, they dont wanna sink with a sinking ship.
2. These people understand how democracy and governance work, if you have a president who sends you to another country as the emissary of Nigeria but would not listen to a single word of advice from you or read a single report about events, it'll be a casee of "toothless bulldog".
3. Lastly but most important, you dont want to be an appointed official and living in a shameful condition and yet your menber of foreign staff not being paud thier salaries, allowances and wages..........thats suicidal.
.............my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
You don't know jack about the military. I retired voluntarily after 11 years of meritorious service. I earned my gratuity and am paid pension monthly.
Silkmoth33:

Doubt it! He seems the dishonourably discharged types undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
But where has lalasticlala been since
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
grin got on ur nerves
PatrickOkunima:
You don't know jack about the military. I retired voluntarily after 11 years of meritorious service. I earned my gratuity and am paid pension monthly.
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by otukpo(f): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
Keep guessing.
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nobody wants to associate with "Blocked Head"
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by seunmsg(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Wonderful!. Which exam did he take to become military head of state. What of his weac result.

Before he became a general, he attended American war college and graduated with the equivalent of a M.Sc. You wailers should stop hating on the president.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Unblockable: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
ERODEDEAST:
Nobody wants to associate with "Blocked Head"

You are not making any sense here. This topic of discussion is too technical for you. I would advise you to go to crime or sectarian section to go continue your 'Afonja' ish there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by sekundosekundo: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
seunmsg:

Before he became a general, he attended American war college and graduated with the equivalent of a M.Sc. You wailers should stop hating on the president.

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Unblockable:

You are not making any sense here. This topic of discussion is too technical for you. I would advise you to go to crime or sectarian section to go continue your 'Afonja' ish there.

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Keziehenry(m): 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nobody wants to associate with failure
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by bilulu(m): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Emmahunk:
Once upon a time ; There was a Nigeria where people go as far as engaging in human sacrifices and rituals just to get presidential appointments.
Many others resort to bank loans, borrowing and mortgage to finance their lobbying. The residences of known political godfathers turn to pilgrimage Centers and most competitive opponents meet with sudden accidents or sometimes were brazenly assassinated.
Potential nominees were forced to swear oaths of allegiance to the powers that be.
Godfathers paddled the offices of the ones they installed and dictated to them on appointments, award of contracts and disbursements of funds. At a stage in that Nigeria, this act of thuggery became almost a right.

Today, in this same Country, people are not even consulted before nomination. Their records, antecedents and integrity speak for them.
Some just wake up to a call for screening by Dss or NASS or both. It's nothing but a miracle and answer to our prayers ( both Christians and Moslems) that God should give us a leader that will redirect the dangerous course that this Country was headed.

So why are people no longer killing and lobbying to get appointments but are rather running away even when appointed. And I ask why?

Is it because a new guideline that ensures accountability has been put in place?

Or is it because so many powers like award of contracts have been stripped?

Or maybe the anti graft agencies have woken up from their deep slumber?

Or maybe, just maybe, there's someone now at the head that asks questions?

Or what do you think?
But in this same administration #270m was used for clearing grass............ How about d #500m mtn bring? Were is d integrity? Or is it Damdazzu abi na Buratai

1 Like

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by adconline(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
It confirms what Aisha Buhari said-appointment not vetted by GMB. He doesn't need to personally know them, but should have had a team to personally interview those appointees. How about calling them on the phone before submitting their names? This is the most unserious and unprepared president in Naija!
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by SharkTank(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
An average DG enjoyed more under GEJ than under PMB
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by henrysam(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
A reasonable person will never work with buhari no matter how juicy the post or appointment might be.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by arsenalLUVA: 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hahahaha....These people never cease to amaze me.

If my memory serves me right, Dr fasheun rejected Gej's appointment, Ben Nwabueze rejected Gej's appointment, Femi Falana rejected Gej's appointment and a few others I can't remember. Epistles weren't written, heaven didn't fall.

But since it has to do with Buhari, something has to be wrong somewhere. God, please purge us of these clowns we know as "fellow Nigerians". grin
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by skywalker240(m): 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2016
it is either nobody wants to work with Buhari, or maybe the theifs and corrupt ones among them'are considering the risk
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Emmahunk(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
Keneking:
But where has lalasticlala been since
Trust laala, if it's about a man banging a goat it would have made fp
Re: Why Nominees Are Rejecting Buhari's Appointment. by Emmahunk(m): 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2016
henrysam:
A reasonable person will never work with buhari no matter how juicy the post or appointment might be.

YOU mean an average intending looter?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Vandalise Mtn Head Office, Abuja, In Retaliation Of Xenophobic Attacks / See Wat Adamawa SSG's Sister Who Said Herdsmen Should Carry Gun Did 2 Her Maid(p / Nigeria: Buhari Or Jibril? The Russian Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.