Stats: 3,187,832 members, 7,933,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:43 PM

[video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference (6003 Views)

Little Robot Dog Pulls A 3-Ton Aeroplane Across Walk Way (Photos) / 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 / Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 (2) (3) (4)

[video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by dhannyson(m): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
See The Humanoid Robot Designed After Prominent Chinese Scholar and another robot who can read facial expresion + understand few languages others include a robot that can find your lost credit card and give information about your finances

Incredible human-like robots stole the show at the 2016 World Robot Conference in Beijing this weekend.
Intelligent droid Jiajia pulled in the crowds as she demonstrated the ability to understand human language, detect facial expressions, and make body movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf1kT7YiB0k
A member of the awe-struck crowd asked her today: "What kind of skills do you have?"
She replied: "I can talk with you. I can recognize faces. I can identify the gender and age of people standing in front of me, and I can detect your facial expressions."

source:
http://www.wazobiaforum.com/post/27488/humanlike-robots-steal-the-show-at-2016-world-robot-conference
Jiajia was just one of many advanced robots at the exhibition over the weekend that included underwater 'bots, aerospace androids and civil anti-riot robots.
Among the service robots were a domestic cleaning robot, entertainment robot, education robot and a rehabilitation robot.
Jiajia was developed by the University of Science and Technology of China, was surrounded by crowds of enthusiastic visitors.
Another humanoid impressed visitors with his calligraphy skills - writing in a similar style to legendary Chinese philosopher Wang Yangming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWKPiYahPB4

Pictured is a humanoid robot that looks like a prominent Chinese scholar, Wang Yangming of Ming Dynasty (1368 -1644). The robot was pictured writing Chinese calligraphy at the World Robot Conference 2016 in Beijing, Oct. 24, 2016. Wang was a philosopher, official, and calligraphist during the Ming dynasty.

THE TRUTH IS DONT TRUST ANY OF THIS COUNTRIES MAJORITY OF THEM ESPECIALLY CHINA, RUSSIA, USA HAS AN ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY HIDDEN, THEN THEY PUSH OUT THIER OLD TECHS OUT TO THE WORLD TO FORM ITS THERE LATEST... DEY HAVE MAD TECHS HIDDEN

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by freesinzu(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Perfecttouch(m): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
freesinzu:
dey there make space dey book u.

I hope one day we won't wake up and see the world taken over or destroyed by what we built!
Some people will say I watch terminator or irobot too much,those films are actually an eye opener for what might happen when we do things like what we are doing now.
The world is not even so advanced to the stage of making artificial robots when terminator 1 came out

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by alatbaba1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
Fear China. They will dominate the world soon.
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Samyj247: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
world war 3 will b deadly...it would b humans fighting robots.

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by freesinzu(m): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
Perfecttouch:
dey there make space dey book u.

I hope one day we won't wake up and see the world taken over or destroyed by what we built!
Some people will say I watch terminator or irobot too much,those films are actually an eye opener for what might happen when we do things like what we are doing now.
The world is not even so advanced to the stage of making artificial robots when terminator 1 came out

am not afraid of stupid robots what should be feared is the artificial intelligence which is still not fully developed.
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Rapsowdee01(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
freesinzu:

am not afraid of stupid robots what should be feared is the artificial intelligence which is still not fully developed.

Dude AI can't do nothing unless in robots and as you know, all robots use AI
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Rapsowdee01(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
Whenever i see advancement of Artificial Intelligence and Robot Technology.... i always remember iRobot and Matrix...... NEVER TRUST A ROBOT !
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by freesinzu(m): 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Dude AI can't do nothing unless in robots and as you know, all robots use AI
I don't think robots use AI,, not yet have seen a lot of robots videos all the do is a series of already planned sequence and give random answers pertaining to the question asked, to me siri is still the most advanced ai but we all know siri can't work in its own yet
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by MrBONE2(m): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
Ayam short of words and speechless.cheesy

Hope they could invent "Robot like of Myself" grin

Gyarbonka Shakalalalalaaaa.... grin

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by johnstar(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
2 of una juz dey argue

Abi una b robots ?

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Jinyjagz(m): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
Wow
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by shunletsam(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
nice one!!!
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
the world is really advancing but in nigeria we are still where we were 50 years ago

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
The future is here

Just in case y'all lil n!ggaz wanna brag;

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by M17CXi: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
Somebody show me the robot!!!! I no see am
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by gen2briz(m): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chinaaaaaaa ooooo
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Wizlhady: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
SKYNET!!!!!!
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by mummyson26(m): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
The guy above don watch terminator tired
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
walcruise:
the world is really advancing but in nigeria we are still where we were 50 years ago
actually , Africa, not just Nigeria... The black continent, is really a dark wold,

Woe be tied Africa... I spit on ur existence...
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by sleeknick: 1:53am On Oct 27, 2016
Wahala embarassed
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by bana91(m): 5:22am On Oct 27, 2016
cool wetin dis pple no go do, looks exactly like human
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Opistorincos(m): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2016
I can't even spot the robot
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by SuperSuave(m): 9:51am On Oct 27, 2016
alatbaba1:
Fear China. They will dominate the world soon.
those guys are crazily crazy. They invested hugely in science and technology and getting the reward today.
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by sagio09: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2016
,m
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by dhannyson(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
SuperSuave:
those guys are crazily crazy. They invested hugely in science and technology and getting the reward today.
gen2briz:
Chinaaaaaaa ooooo
johnstar:
2 of una juz dey argue
Abi una b robots ?
PaulKillerman:
actually , Africa, not just Nigeria... The black continent, is really a dark wold,

THE TRUTH IS DONT TRUST ANY OF THIS COUNTRIES MAJORITY OF THEM ESPECIALLY CHINA, RUSSIA, USA HAS AN ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY HIDDEN, THEN THEY PUSH OUT THIER OLD TECHS OUT TO THE WORLD TO FORM ITS THERE LATEST... DEY HAVE MAD TECHS HIDDEN
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by astarotte: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
OMG that girl na robot? shocked

And that man too shocked

This is sweet, I can't wait to get my hands on one of these humanoid robots.
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by dhannyson(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
astarotte:
OMG that girl na robot? shocked

And that man too shocked

This is sweet, I can't wait to get my hands on one of these humanoid robots.

YEYE BOI YOU WON DEY SLEEP WITH ROBOT SMHHH MAKE UNA COM SEEE OOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!ALEERET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by prof800(m): 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
Simply put: "we are at the edge of tomorrow." smiley
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by luminouz(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
PaulKillerman:

Well I spit on urs...fvcker!
Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by Deelaw(m): 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
If those robots shuld be brought to naija, d kind of weird stories u hear is a "90yr old man rapes a female robot in mushin" undecided. Naija I hail thee! smiley

Re: [video + pic]Human-like Robots Steal The Show At 2016 World Robot Conference by alatbaba1(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2016
SuperSuave:
. Their military is also growing well.

Something Is Generally Wrong With Google / What Does It Mean When A Phone Has 'tv Out' / How To Update Your MTN Sim Registration Details With BVN Number