Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,872 members, 7,876,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused (2875 Views)

Was Bored And Decided To Re-chyke My Bae - Just Look At Her Replies / Just look at what she posted During Covid-19 Lock Down (picture) / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Newbeginnings(m): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lack of self control is why many strong emotions such as love, hate, anger overwhelm us..

But what is self control in the first place..

I call self control the ability to see a different view to an already obvious situation.

Its the ability to calculate future outcomes before going on a full out war...

One of the ways to improve on self control is through improved mental capability (thinking more than necessary)...

I was a Juggernaut in my time.. get me angry and you swallow a fist full of blow or a hand full of slap (although I never did hit girls, with their grab boyfriends.. who wan die)...

Now the actually difference between the me of then and now is that I let my brain do more work than before.. When we face a situation we are more likely to conclude immediately before thinking.. But if we choose to get more out of such situations we can be even better..

You might be so angry that she insulted you, your pride, but look around...When someone walks up to someone for a fight, they must have backup or what I call a carefully planned plan..which is either to injure the person or report the person or show the public that you are a bad person.. and they know you will retaliate, because you are controlled by your emotions and you don't see the bigger picture..

Many people don't like putting their brain through work, examples are those who don't like maths, physics, chemistry, economics and even accounting..

If you look at geeks (those utterly intelligent breeds) they barely get angry...

I don't think fighting to protect your pride is a good Idea, as no one will ever insult your pride if it is really something valuable... and you can't just walk and say because you are human and beautiful, that is why you have some value..

No No No

Just look at the bigger picture

If you want to control yourself you have to think more and thinking more by seeing a different view than the one your emotions are forcing you to feel...

Remember to follow for more (I will always follow back)

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

12 Likes

Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by agrovick(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is great stuff
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Newbeginnings(m): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
agrovick:
This is great stuff

I hope to impact and inspire you in every post in any way...

I am so happy I am doing that
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by agrovick(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
Newbeginnings:

I hope to impact and inspire you in every post in any way...
I am so happy I am doing that
You've done more than that with this post. Many thanks
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Newbeginnings(m): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
agrovick:

You've done more than that with this post. Many thanks

Same...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Viking007(m): 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
Another well written article. You should create a blog or something. cool

& The part about "intelligent people barely getting angry" is false not totally true. I've got some very intelligent colleagues who are so short tempered.

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Newbeginnings(m): 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
Viking007:
Another well written article. You should create a blog or something. cool

& The part about "intelligent people barely getting angry" is false not totally true. I've got some very intelligent colleagues who are so short tempered.

Yes that true .... But that is why I said barely.. and barely means almost.. .which means that intelligent people do get angry....

Reference to creating a blog.... Don't worry about that I want to impact people first and get them to believe in something great and delicious lol .... I would love for you to get more from me and also impact me ... Why don't you follow to see more like this.. (I always follow back)

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Viking007(m): 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2016
Newbeginnings:

Yes that true .... But that is why I said barely.. and barely means almost.. which means that intelligent people do get angry

Reference to creating a blog.... Don't worry about that I want to impact people first and get them to believe in something great and delicious lol .... I would love for you to get more from me and also impact me ... Why don't you follow to see more like this.. (I always follow back)
cheesy @bolded. Yh I know. Just wanted to highlight the fact that all humans(whether intelligent or dull) get angry.

Following You ASAP Sir.
Good evening.
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Newbeginnings(m): 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
Viking007:
cheesy @bolded. Yh I know. Just wanted to highlight the fact that all humans(whether intelligent or dull) get angry.

Following You ASAP Sir.
Good evening.

Good evening and remember

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by tsilva: 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
I must also add that people who do not have a flair for some of the subjects you mentioned have the ability of applying intellect in resolving issues.
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by cocaineaddict(m): 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
Newbeginnings:
Lack of self control is why many strong emotions such as love, hate, anger overwhelm us..

But what is self control in the first place..

I call self control the ability to see a different view to an already obvious situation.

Its the ability to calculate future outcomes before going on a full out war...

One of the ways to improve on self control is through improved mental capability (thinking more than necessary)...

I was a Juggernaut in my time.. get me angry and you swallow a fist full of blow or a hand full of slap (although I never did hit girls, with their grab boyfriends.. who wan die)...

Now the actually difference between the me of then and now is that I let my brain do more work than before.. When we face a situation we are more likely to conclude immediately before thinking.. But if we choose to get more out of such situations we can be even better..

You might be so angry that she insulted you, your pride, but look around...When someone walks up to someone for a fight, they must have backup or what I call a carefully planned plan..which is either to injure the person or report the person or show the public that you are a bad person.. and they know you will retaliate, because you are controlled by your emotions and you don't see the bigger picture..

Many people don't like putting their brain through work, examples are those who don't like maths, physics, chemistry, economics and even accounting..

If you look at geeks (those utterly intelligent breeds) they barely get angry...

I don't think fighting to protect your pride is a good Idea, as no one will ever insult your pride if it is really something valuable... and you can't just walk and say because you are human and beautiful, that is why you have some value..

No No No

Just look at the bigger picture

If you want to control yourself you have to think more and thinking more by seeing a different view than the one your emotions are forcing you to feel...

Remember to follow for more (I will always follow back)

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
T
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Newbeginnings(m): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2016
tsilva:
I must also add that people who do not have a flair for some of the subjects you mentioned have the ability of applying intellect in resolving issues.

Well it was a hypothesis... issued from just mere observation and not with experimentation.. So it stands to be corrected ...

Thank you and you are right
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2016
I Rarely Get Angry Maybe Am A Geek. angry

Self-control Is The Key
Re: Just Look At What Lack Of Self Control Has Caused by Newbeginnings(m): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
I Rarely Get Angry Maybe Am A Geek. angry

Self-control Is The Key

Interesting.. Well there are many more articles ... if you are interested you can just follow me.... and I will follow you

Remember self is not about controlling emotions alone.. it is about knowing what such emotion is, the triggers, the builders, and the inhibitors ...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

(1) (Reply)

She Said She Had Sex Just Once In Her Life / Telecommunication Agents Are Urgently Need / Jwj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.