Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,739 members, 7,892,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:29 PM

Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 (6760 Views)

Group To Pressure Buhari To Stand 2019 Polls / Road Construction In The South-East Financed By Sukuk (Photo) / IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by AgentH2SO4: 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
Softmeat:

[s]keep deceiving yourself, when the real land owners are ready, the igbos there will be chased out. Don't go and embrace ur recognized states and develop them. Stay there and be claiming other people's land till they deal with you guys[/s]

Will you shut up!

We will take back our lands carved into present day Rivers state in 1976.

Egbema has a lot of oil and it was part of Igboland before the hausa/fulani carved it into SS.

Limiting Igboland to SE is a big fraud.

6 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by LordAdam: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
Softmeat:

Did you just say Lagos? where the lagoon awaits.. hmmn
will you guys in SS come with us?

Who are the 'us'?

-Lord

7 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Xflint(m): 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
Softmeat:

SS want recognition and development in Nigeria which PMB and Nigerians are ready to give. We will also make them the third strongest tribe after yorubas.. it will so shock you SEasterners

The above is very very funny.

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
AgentH2SO4:

Will you shut up!

Egbema has a lot of oil and it was part of Igboland before the hausa/fulani carved it into SS.

sure, with fasting and prayers lol
online chest beating as usual.. *sighs*

2 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
LordAdam:

Who are the 'us'?
-Lord
the industrious ones of course
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by LordAdam: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
Softmeat:

the industrious ones of course

When the time comes, we'd make our decision.

The line has not been drawn yet.

BTW, that's not what this thread is about. It's not about the SS. It's about the SE.

So, that question is irrelevant here.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by AgentH2SO4: 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
Softmeat:

[s]sure, with fasting and prayers lol
online chest beating as usual.. *sighs*[/s]

You are not making any sense.

In a bid to stifle the Igbo nation Nigeria carved out parts of our land and added to Rivers States which you now call 'SS.'

Look, we know that Igboland is bigger than SE. Igboland extends into Rivers state and Delta north.

If Nigeria breaks, we simply take back our lands with all the oil there.

Simple.

And yes, God will help us.

8 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
AgentH2SO4:

In a bid to stifle the Igbo nation Nigeria carved out parts of our land and added to Rivers States which you now call 'SS.'

Look, we know that Igboland is bigger than SE. Igboland extends into Rivers state and Delta north.

Simple.

you can't, you just can't
stop that fallacy. or how come the remaining 5 SE states don't have a single trace of oil. Don't look for ND trouble for your own good

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Olabestonic001(m): 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
Ignore the Afonja. their plan has failed

Personally I think the south east are in a position where they can produce the President in the 2019 election cos of 2 combined factors.

1. Buhari is failing woefully and Nigerians need someone who is business inclined naturally to manage Nigeria in a time of dwindling oil revenues. if we Igbo can sell ourselves as capable of handling Nigeria as a Mr

2. The south west are in need of a new political friend since their latest escapade with the North exploded in their faces. We can woe them to support us to spite the North and win back the loyalty of the south

Your assertion is hypothetically great.
I would love to vote for someone like Peter Obi or any of such "Brain". But, the hatred of the typical Igbo on NL and Facebook would ensure that Peter Obi is hatred if Yoruba's. supports him.
And don't say too much yet, if PMB succeed in the ND project, he might just win the next election by a great margin.

3 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Olabestonic001(m): 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
AgentH2SO4:

Will you shut up!

Where dem get miscreants like you self.
Whenever people are serious, you'll just come and spoil it with nonsense talks.
Abeg, comot for this thread jooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by AgentH2SO4: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
Softmeat:

you can't, you just can't
stop that fallacy. or how come the remaining 5 SE states don't have a single trace of oil. Don't look for ND trouble for your own good

Stop being stupiid.

There is oil in Abia & Imo states.

SE was created by Nigeria to spit the Igbo nation. I gave you evidence of the report.

We know our lands and our land includes parts of Rivers & Delta states. The rest of the SS are free to do whatever they like.

6 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by AgentH2SO4: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Where dem get miscreants like you self.
Whenever people are serious, you'll just come and spoil it with nonsense talks.
Abeg, comot for this thread jooooooo.

You should be very careful.

I gave proof of how Igbolands containing lots of oil were fraudulently carved into Rivers State which is now in SS and you are calling me a miscreant?

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
AgentH2SO4:

Stop being stupiid.

There is oil in Abia & Imo states.

SE was created by Nigeria to spit the Igbo nation. I gave you evidence of the report.

We know our lands and our land includes parts of Rivers & Delta states. The rest of the SS are free to do whatever they like.

you make me laugh.. oil in Abia indeed
SE is just 5 states and those are the ones who speak igbo. no single local govt. will be added. none atal

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by AgentH2SO4: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Softmeat:

you make me laugh.. oil in Abia indeed
SE is just 5 states and those are the ones who speak igbo. no single local govt. will be added. none atal

When the time comes, we shall know.
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Igboid: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nice thread brother.

I agree with all your point.

I had always been of the opinion that IPOB is putting the cart before the horse by seeking for Biafra without yet seeking on how to politically unite the Igbo speaking realm under a strong able progressive leadership front, that will deliver in Nigeria and give the people a taste of what could be achieved Post Nigeria if given the chance.

I had expected IPOB to Marshall out a 20 year plan aimed at using their vast control of the Igbo grass roots to enthrone pro Igbo independence members from their ranks as well as recruiting genuine current non members of high intellectual capacity for this task. They could seize the entire political representatives in the Igbo realm( SE and SS Igbo) at all levels and tiers of government.

With this control, they can work towards economic progress of the region and strategize on how to tactically loosen the grip of Nigeria on Igboland until we are entirely free.

This is what I expected. Instead all I get is noise in radio stations, noise in online forums( Facebook,?Twitter, etc) noise in the streets in form of riots that claim innocent Igbo lives that could easily be galvanised into a better use.

I see no way forward with IPOB. Though I'm not going to antagonize them.

Thanks for the article. It was refreshing.

5 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by ThumbzTNA(m): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ignore the Afonjas and discuss with your brothers. Una no go hear
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by ThumbzTNA(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:
Nice thread brother.

I agree with all your point.

I had always been of the opinion that IPOB is putting the cart before the horse by seeking for Biafra without yet seeking on how to politically unite the Igbo speaking realm under a strong able progressive leadership front, that will deliver in Nigeria and give the people a taste of what could be achieved Post Nigeria if given the chance.

I had expected IPOB to Marshall out a 20 year plan aimed at using their vast control of the Igbo grass roots to enthrone pro Igbo independence members from their ranks as well as recruiting genuine current non members of high intellectual capacity for this task. They could seize the entire political representatives in the Igbo realm( SE and SS Igbo) at all levels and tiers of government.

With this control, they can work towards economic progress of the region and strategize on how to tactically loosen the grip of Nigeria on Igboland until we are entirely free.

This is what I expected. Instead all I get is noise in radio stations, noise in online forums( Facebook,?Twitter, etc) noise in the streets in form of riots that claim innocent Igbo lives that could easily be galvanised into a better use.

I see no way forward with IPOB. Though I'm not going to antagonize them.

Thanks for the article. It was refreshing.

You are correct. They need to infiltrate the ranks of the ss and se political class

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by ImoRiver: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
1st of all I want Ndigbo to understand that South South is more of a political liability than asset to us hence political alliance will always be to our disadvantage. The beautiful bride of Nigerian politics is the North and whoever they support must win in any election because they are majority. The world powers made it so and it cannot be subverted until the West stops ruling the world.

IMHS I believe we don't even need political power right now because we are highly advantaged economically. Our major problem is lack of unity making it impossible for us to achieve our potentials. One of the biggest achievements in history of modern Igboland is the building of Imo Airport by the citizens decades ago. We have the capability to build railway networks transversing Southeast as well as 10 lane bridge across the Niger in less than 3 years but where is the unity and zeal? If we unite and achieve these little fit in 3 years I am sure that those Igbo speaking people denying their roots will be the ones retracing their roots.

4 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
Develpeast:

You have an excellent mindset and if we push for something concrete in the region we will get it. What I have come to discover in igbos is that, we are willing to develop but we always get it wrong when it comes to choosing the right people to spearhead our needs.

Another thing is this, we are not doing anything for our region and we are not even trying to do anything about it. if we start having the mindset of doing something for our region, we will leave where we are.

there is a plan but we cannot just spill beans on the ground.
Electing the right set of people will be the moment of the golden fleece.... I'll get back on this in a moment.......

Some important steps we could embark on:
a working Facebook page that promotes good governance in the South East Region.

A digital Platform that serves a rallying point for South Easterners to converge and air their views on matters affecting the region

some means of information channel that can get down to the grassroots on political education. Not the crap we have right now in the name of secession.

Creating a comprehensive database/application that will serve as the engine room for South East development scheme. We don't have to wait for the Federal Government.

etc.

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Develpeast: 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
You all must not stop bringing up points. you all must keep talking and you must not mention another tribe here please.

I am not saying this out of the fact that I love your grammar, I am saying this so that you can really spill out your thoughts.

some of you are raising points without any drive in you. I only see this drive when you argue with other people.

it is not enough to have great points but it is good if you have the drive to push your thoughts.

please continue.

Invite other igbos from any side of the divide to come here. you must spill your thoughts now. its necessary.
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
Develpeast:
You all must not stop bringing up points. you all must keep talking and you must not mention another tribe here please.

I am not saying this out of the fact that I love your grammar, I am saying this so that you can really spill out your thoughts.

some of you are raising points without any drive in you. I only see this drive when you argue with other people.

it is not enough to have great points but it is good if you have the drive to push your thoughts.

please continue.

Invite other igbos from any side of the divide to come here. you must spill your thoughts now. its necessary.

You can check the above the comment..... did some modification. We may have to start with the Facebook Page Group. What do you think?
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Develpeast: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2016
Good Morning Ndibayi

Yesterday I understood it will difficult for many of us to continue discussions because of our work but today is saturday , of which I believe many of us will be resting due to its weekend and most importantly "environmental day"

If you are an Igbo man and you are looking for a thread to argue in, please come in here and argue. bring up your progressive ideas and at the end we must make something out of this discussion. I know many of you do not like the present status quo, so let's come and get angry here without talking with emotional outburst but like a person who is lording over his emotions.

The development of igboland is the most important thing we need to chase now because the future of our children unborn depends on it. do not shy away from conversations like these because if you want something to happen, it depends solely on you to make it happen.

cc blues20, eternaltruth , igboid, lovemachine, and every other concerned minds.

You may never know, we are listening.

3 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Develpeast: 9:46am On Oct 29, 2016
cc: lajet, eternaltruths, easternpride, leccigucci, , clinton9000, deastactivist, aegon, chibuzorabia, budeyahoocom, islayer, slayersupreme, sibrah, dickdastardly, beremx, imoriver, izombie, mrvitalis, eyeview, professorpeter, madamexcellency, drss2
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 29, 2016
I'm on board, though still in the office working on a project, but our interest is most important.... @ Develpeast, did you go through the points I raised while quoting you?
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by muykem: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2016
Emotion always dictates SE action. It is clear that SS is not with them in their struggle for Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 29, 2016
muykem:
[s]Emotion always dictates SE action. It is clear that SS is not with them in their struggle for Biafra.[/s]

1 Like

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2016
LordAdam:
I'm not Igbo, but from the SS.

IMHO, and if it counts for something, Igbos should look inwards in 2019.

Develop Igboland and forget the center for now.

Igboland is not that big, is dense, has the necessary resources and capital. So, the stage is ripe to develop the region, and turn it into an economic behemoth.

The SS is getting a $10b fund from Buhari and a negotiation team led by Clark with the US involved, because there is oil in the ground.

The SW is a force because of Lagos.

If the SE wants to be heard, you guys should set the usual intra-ethnic strife aside for a few years and key into turning the SE around.

I've noticed the industrious nature of the Igbos first hand. Just five years--2017 to 2022--and the music will change.

-Lord
Just went through your post again and saw the wisdom in it. A time frame of five years is very realistic, but what matters most is the foundation.
Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Indiaindia: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2016
AgentH2SO4:

Will you shut up!

IF YOU CLAIM RIVERS STATE AS IBOLAND, THAT MEANS Y0U GUYS ARE THIEVES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by AgentH2SO4: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2016
Indiaindia:

IF YOU CLAIM RIVERS STATE AS IBOLAND, THAT MEANS Y0U GUYS ARE THIEVES

Will you shut up. Can't you read and understand simple English? Where did I claim the whole of Rivers state? I am claiming parts of Igbo land that was carved into Rivers state in 1976 just to stifle the Igbos. You can refer to my earlier attachments.

Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by Indiaindia: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2016
AgentH2SO4:

Simple.

PART OF RIVERS STATE IS RIVERS STATE. BY THE TIME WE SEIZE PROPERTIES AND START DEPORTING YOU IBOS FROM SS, BY THEN YOUR EYES WILL CLEAR

3 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by AgentH2SO4: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2016
Indiaindia:

BY THE TIME WE START DEPORTING YOU IBOS FROM SS, BY THEN YOUR EYES WILL CLEAR

My friend go and eat you cold plate of ewa filled with maggots. You are a nobody.

Venture into the streets and demonstrate your abilities.

6 Likes

Re: Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:58am On Oct 29, 2016
Indiaindia:

BY THE TIME WE START DEPORTING YOU IBOS FROM SS, BY THEN YOUR EYES WILL CLEAR

You are a member of a certain minority ss tribes who have a diabolic plan to grab the south south and make it your colony thereby shutting the other tribes up. Unfortunately you are irrelevant and don't occupy more than 1 state in the region

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawyers Accuse SDP's Ajaka Of Planing For File Petition Through The Backdoor / Bin Laden Is “alive And Well”, Says Edward Snowden / What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.