Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,393 members, 7,881,430 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? (48375 Views)

What To Do And What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Simeony007(m): 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
If na infinix just dey cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by pawesome(m): 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
henryobinna:
if it's a water resistant phone like the galaxy s7 edge, you bring it out and continue using. But if its not water resistant like some of infinix phones, you bring it out and wait for it to die
cheesy D Egbo version wey u smoke de imported

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by MizMyColi(f): 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
Good topic. A source of concern.

I have to be extra careful when I finally purchase my Phantom 6 plus. embarassed embarassed

I wonder what the advantage of Non removable battery is sef.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
Happened to my iphone 5 of recent then i remembered an article i read about putting it in a bowl of covered rice for 24hrs or more. And it worked for me thereafter like nothing happnd to it. At first it went blank, stopped charging, and started going dim but with that method i was the happiest guy that day.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by rottenPussy: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:
got any idea if its possible with infinix note 3?
I saw a guy who used it on his infinix phone once, but I can't tell if it is note 3 or not

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Elnino4ladies: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
It has no silution...na die u dey so

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by ollah2: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
MizMyColi:

I have to be extra careful when I finally purchase my Phantom 6 plus. embarassed embarassed

Didn't out create a thread that you were gifted with one recently?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by eph12(m): 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
When my non removable battery phone fell into the water I put it inside a hot cupboard for some time and it became ok

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by MizMyColi(f): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
ollah2:

Didn't out create a thread that you were gifted with one recently?

The one they gave me to experience, you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Electronzeez(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
There is practically no best solution just if you are fortunate to have your tools with you , you can disconnect the battery from the board and do drying off .

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Lexusgs430: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dandsome:

So I've been thinking about it lately and it has been giving me cause to worry.

These days phones are being manufactured with non removable batteries e.g Samsung Galaxy S7, Tecno Camon C9, Huawei Honor 6x (2016), Tecno L8+ et al.

Normally, when your phone hangs and you have a non removable battery, all you can do is wait for some time and then it'll come back to normal. However, what happens in a case where mistakenly, knowingly or unknowingly your phone falls into water and is completely immersed in it?
I've read online about how you should switch it off, remove the battery then place it in a bag or container of raw rice etc.

My neighbour is so much interested in the Phantom6+, reason is he is a heavy user and the 4GB RAM, and battery capacity of 4050Mah will serve him well. He has a hyper active baby boy who is very curious. Last time the boy dipped his wife's phone completely into water. Thankfully it's just an ordinary torchlight phone.

He talked about how he's sacrificing to buy it in this kinda economy and how he'll never allow the baby near his phone, but sometimes mistakes happen and phones mistakenly "swim" inside water. But the BIG question is, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT IS A PHONE WITH A NON REMOVABLE BATTERY?
I've heard a case where after someone switched off his phone when it fell into water, it turned itself back on most likely because it started to short circuit.

What is the "first aid" that can be done to the phone with a non removable battery when it falls into water??

Somebody please help.
Thanks.

Buy a phone with at least some form of IP certification

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
femi4:
Na only you make sense. The first thing to do is to separate the battery from the board. Rice won't help if the battery is still connected to the board

Bros, rice still remains the most sensible option for phones with non removable battery. Silicon gel would have been better but not readily available. Not everyone has the techniques to remove the battery of phones with sealed battery. First u have to locate a technician and not every technician can even get to the battery of some phones. Have u tried removing the battery of htc one m7 or galaxy s6? Bros even technicians find it difficult. First u have to heat the front and back glass with heater to melt the gums, the carefully pull the back glass cover, then unscrew some tiny screws before getting to the battery compartment. For htc u have to virtually remove the whole panel before getting to the battery which is cumbersome.

If ur phone gets into water in the evening, u will have to wait till the next day to locate a technician that will help u remove the battery ( and for htc one series ur phone will never be the same again after opening it. Just put it in a bag of rice and u have a better chance of the phoje surviving by morning.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by OLUOMO80: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
The day my HTC fell inside gutter, a guy picked it for me. I only cleaned it and continue using, not even putting it in the sun for one minute. That is over a year and no issue ever since then. The phone is too strong. I think that is my favorite phone at the moment.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
henryobinna:
boss it's not galaxy s7 that explodes but Galaxy Note 7. They're different
Abeg tell the Bush man. I no blame am the guy don too use China phones like tecno how e go take differentiate between note 7 and S7 or samsung and tecno

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
OLUOMO80:
The day my HTC fell inside gutter, a guy picked it for me. I only cleaned it and continue using, not even putting it in the sun for one minute. That is over a year and no issue ever since then. The phone is too strong. I think that is my favorite phone at the moment.
like it or not Samsung, HTC,IPhone,BlackBerry are high quality phone and they are phones for the big boys and big girls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by diva90: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Switch it off immediately, try to get out as much water as you can and store it in an air tight pouch full of rice.
I did it when my iPhone 6 fell into the toilet

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by ugwum007(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Best solution:

Put it in a pot of rice, leave it there for 6hrs.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by p1jiobi: 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
U quietly buy another one that is water resistant to avoid a repeat.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by TOMAPPYSUN: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Throw it away

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Maximus85(m): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dandsome:

So I've been thinking about it lately and it has been giving me cause to worry.

These days phones are being manufactured with non removable batteries e.g Samsung Galaxy S7, Tecno Camon C9, Huawei Honor 6x (2016), Tecno L8+ et al.

Normally, when your phone hangs and you have a non removable battery, all you can do is wait for some time and then it'll come back to normal. However, what happens in a case where mistakenly, knowingly or unknowingly your phone falls into water and is completely immersed in it?
I've read online about how you should switch it off, remove the battery then place it in a bag or container of raw rice etc.

My neighbour is so much interested in the Phantom6+, reason is he is a heavy user and the 4GB RAM, and battery capacity of 4050Mah will serve him well. He has a hyper active baby boy who is very curious. Last time the boy dipped his wife's phone completely into water. Thankfully it's just an ordinary torchlight phone.

He talked about how he's sacrificing to buy it in this kinda economy and how he'll never allow the baby near his phone, but sometimes mistakes happen and phones mistakenly "swim" inside water. But the BIG question is, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT IS A PHONE WITH A NON REMOVABLE BATTERY?
I've heard a case where after someone switched off his phone when it fell into water, it turned itself back on most likely because it started to short circuit.

What is the "first aid" that can be done to the phone with a non removable battery when it falls into water??

Somebody please help.
Thanks.

I'm interested

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Jabioro: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
henryobinna:
if it's a water resistant phone like the galaxy s7 edge, you bring it out and continue using. But if its not water resistant like some of infinix phones, you bring it out and wait for it to die
You then buried am shekkinah.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Jadoskii(m): 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Most of these phones are water resistant...so u shld be safe

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by modsRbastard: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
diva90:
Switch it off immediately, try to get out as much water as you can and store it in an air tight pouch full of rice.
I did it when my iPhone 6 fell into the toilet

Did I read that right! shocked. Pls, tell me what later happened to that rice.

This is why visiting a woman and being entertained is dangerous, una don make person get phobia for Cucumber; now person go dey fear to drink ordinary water for una house.... Which kind wahala be this ehn! angry

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Phonefanatic: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
Galaxy s7 edge...... Once it falls in water I pick it and smile cos water ain't a threat

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Decodedp: 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
The best option is to try as much as you can to safeguard your phone from moisture and/or water.

However under the circumstances you painted in the post, here are some steps you should take:

1. If the touch pad is still functioning, switch off the phone through the regular procedure otherwise, Press and hold the power button, and the phone will go off after about a minute or more.

2. If you have the technical competence, unscrew the phone to expose the battery connecting point and unplug it.

3. Thereafter, clean the parts affected by water with soft cloth and expose the phone to dry air to remove remaining moisture(avoid fire or excessive temperature). Alternatively, Putting the phone in a bag containing silicon at this point might equally help to remove the remaining moisture.

4. Finally, Reconnect the battery and couple the phone. (like they say in medical world: if symptoms persist after all these, see a qualified phone 'doctor'.

However, if you don't have the competence to follow through the processes, you should seek for the services of qualified technician after you must have switched off the phone.

I hope this helps.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Alfred234(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Daz a simple Sturv... jus go and buy anoda one
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Phonefanatic: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
MizMyColi:

Anti-theft app can actually block power off button preventing the phone to switch off or mute when lost or stolen. In the case of removable battery the thief will pull off the battery.
Just one of the advantages.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by shysteve(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
just what i need right.....please i need urgent response, my wife called me 4 days ago that my son dropped her phone (Samsung galaxy S6 Edge+) inside water and the screen has gone black....i called an engineer friend of mine to check it out and he told me the screen needs changing and was told the screen is 90k( for this recession?)....i visited a samsung store here in Accra and was told 1,030GHC (that is about 100k+ in naira), checked some online stores in yankee and was seeing prices like $200 & $260.

Please is there anything i can do that can bring the phone back to life and not spend up to that 90k?
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Redman36(m): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
remove and put in bag of rice.. Stop.. who still get bag of rice at home for this recession?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by nextstep(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
Answer... stop drinking so much alchohol grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
I had a similar issue when my 2 year old dropped my phone in a bucket of water and it sat there for 30-40 minutes... when I got calls on my other line saying they could not reach me.. i discovered the unruly crime committed by my boy.

Anyhoo. I called my trusty phone repairer and he asked me to switch it off and he will send me a box with bags of Silica Gel.. those small satchets you find in new clothes boxes or shoe boxes. Dropped my phone in it for 3 days and charged it to full and turned it back on.. working and still working like a charm
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by JABB(m): 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
The stupid product manufacturers want you to come and buy another phone.PERIOD!!! sad sad sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Has Launched Internet Plans For Android Users / Meet Qai Qai, The Black Doll That Has Over 120,000 Followers On Instagram. / How To Use Whatsapp On Your X2-02 And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.